Mass Effect 3 officially announced at the VGA's

#1 Posted by BibleDoctor (698 posts) -
#2 Posted by The_Laughing_Man (13629 posts) -

We have known this for a wile. Pre orders even started two days ago.

#3 Posted by Venatio (4491 posts) -

Fucking stream is laggy as shit for me, I started it up just as the trailer was going up so I couldn't see anything, it'll be up to watch soon I hope

#4 Posted by Lemoncookie01 (1667 posts) -

God damn it Bioware

#5 Posted by Colonel_Fury (453 posts) -

Hopefully the trailer pops up online soon.

#6 Posted by mau64 (539 posts) -

Yup, super excited just like everybody else. It's going to be a great year for RPG's with Elder Scrolls and this coming out!

#7 Posted by ryanwho (12082 posts) -

Trailer's at GT. Turns out the thing they were calling a new IP was part of the ME3 trailer.

#8 Posted by Echo (391 posts) -

I thought they already announced it in Mass Effect 2's loading screens.

#9 Posted by ToxicFruit (1717 posts) -

We all knew it was coming just not when 

#10 Edited by Colonel_Fury (453 posts) -

From the looks of the Reapers in the trailer, it seems as though:

CRAB PEOPLE ARE ATTACKING!!!!
#11 Posted by ryanwho (12082 posts) -

It was officially announced when they announced ME1. What the OP means to say is ME3 has been revealed.

#12 Posted by fez_soni (78 posts) -

Wonder what colour scheme they're gonna use? ME1 was blue; ME2 was Orange; here's hoping that ME3 is green

#13 Posted by BeachThunder (11927 posts) -

Earth. Derp.

#14 Posted by GhostlyEnigma (253 posts) -

Please let there not be a multi-player component.

#15 Posted by TaliciaDragonsong (8698 posts) -

Nothing new really, I was hoping for some more faces or even a little bit of something.
But this is all we knew already, only in trailer form.

T_T the wait for another trailer begins.

#16 Posted by Gamer_152 (14077 posts) -

We knew it was coming but it's still great to see the official announcement.

#17 Posted by adoggz (2067 posts) -

ok, time to initiate complete mass effect blackout. lets do this ... mas *throws computer out window*

#18 Posted by damswedon (3191 posts) -
@Echo said:
" I thought they already announced it in Mass Effect 2's loading screens. "
If I remember rightly they announced it in one the first press-releases for the first game in 2004.
#19 Posted by BibleDoctor (698 posts) -
@GhostlyEnigma said:
" Please let there not be a multi-player component. "
Haven't heard yet, but i'm with you.
#20 Posted by Jedted (2357 posts) -
#21 Posted by rjayb89 (7721 posts) -

Where's Garrus!?  Garrus!  Calibrate this shit!

#22 Posted by ThePencil (390 posts) -

*Insert Awesome feelings*
#23 Posted by Yummylee (21615 posts) -

Was a damn fine trailer, I gotta admit. Maybe not as climatic as ME2's announcement trailer but the hype is now overflowing regardless!

#24 Posted by fullmetal5550 (345 posts) -
@GhostlyEnigma said:
If Bioware does decide to add multi-player to Mass Effect 3 they need to develop and finish the single player first and then work on the multi-player.
#25 Posted by Jedted (2357 posts) -
@fullmetal5550 said:
" @GhostlyEnigma said:
If Bioware does decide to add multi-player to Mass Effect 3 they need to develop and finish the single player first and then work on the multi-player. "

If they have multiplayer it will probebly just be an optional co-op mode.  I can't see Bioware putting any kind of competative multiplayer in their game. 
#26 Edited by Venatio (4491 posts) -

Just saw it on Gametrailers, it was fucking awesome, winter 2011 can't come soon enough! Though I am dissapointed that Earth is fucked up from the get-go, I mean, were we really that defenseless against the Reapers? And where the hell is the support from the other species, isn't that what the Council and the Citadel fleet is for?

Plus, I wanted to see Eath in all it's glory before it got destroyed, it seemed awesome from the things you could read about it in the Codex

#27 Posted by FizzleNizzleBear (335 posts) -

I hope they provide a good explanation about how they got to Earth and don't just say that they flew there.

#28 Posted by BibleDoctor (698 posts) -
@The_Laughing_Man said:
" We have known this for a wile. Pre orders even started two days ago. "
Pre-orders have not started yet, the listing was leaked on the EA store webpage and pulled shortly after.
#29 Posted by rjayb89 (7721 posts) -

I hope they come out of the ground like Locusts.

#30 Posted by The_Laughing_Man (13629 posts) -
@BibleDoctor said:
" @The_Laughing_Man said:
Pre-orders have not started yet, the listing was leaked on the EA store webpage and pulled shortly after. "
But they did start. So we have known about it even since ME2.
#31 Posted by ShiftyMagician (2129 posts) -
@Jedted said:
" @fullmetal5550 said:
" @GhostlyEnigma said:
If Bioware does decide to add multi-player to Mass Effect 3 they need to develop and finish the single player first and then work on the multi-player. "
If they have multiplayer it will probebly just be an optional co-op mode.  I can't see Bioware putting any kind of competative multiplayer in their game.  "
See, if all they did was somehow just code the other two companion characters of your choice to be player-controlled like with Shephard, that would be relatively easy and doesn't require massive amounts of dedication.  They got the code, and would just need to focus on optimizing their net-code so that it is not a terrible experience.  Of course from there, they would then need to generate some interesting content for co-op to even be considered by the masses, but at least going the co-op route, Bioware wouldn't be wasting too much time whilst polishing out the single player game.

Will they think this way and tread the multi-player grounds carefully, if they even do decide to do this?  Now that is a good question.
#32 Posted by Fattony12000 (7404 posts) -

I have just shit my balls.

#33 Posted by BibleDoctor (698 posts) -
@The_Laughing_Man said:
" @BibleDoctor said:
Pre-orders have not started yet, the listing was leaked on the EA store webpage and pulled shortly after. "
But they did start. So we have known about it even since ME2. "
What "started"? The pre-orders? No, nobody was able to pre-order copies of the game the listing was leaked and then pulled, the game was never actually available for people to add it to their carts. We have technically known about a desired trilogy since the first Mass Effect but Bioware refused to confirm anything officially, this is the official announcement of the final game of the trilogy. 
#34 Posted by Fripplebubby (1027 posts) -

I literally just finished Mass Effect 2 about 30 mins ago, so this could not have come at a better time. 

#35 Posted by Tiger1535 (24 posts) -

OMG, epic teaser trailer Bioware. I cant stop watching it.

#36 Posted by Napalm (9020 posts) -
@BibleDoctor said:
" @BibleDoctor said:
What "started"? The pre-orders? No, nobody was able to pre-order copies of the game the listing was leaked and then pulled, the game was never actually available for people to add it to their carts. We have technically known about a desired trilogy since the first Mass Effect but Bioware refused to confirm anything officially, this is the official announcement of the final game of the trilogy.  "
Congratulations to The Laughing Man for failing at reading.
#37 Posted by EvilTwin (3324 posts) -

Didn't like the trailer but looking forward to it regardless.

#38 Posted by The_Laughing_Man (13629 posts) -
@Napalm said:
" @BibleDoctor said:
" @BibleDoctor said:
What "started"? The pre-orders? No, nobody was able to pre-order copies of the game the listing was leaked and then pulled, the game was never actually available for people to add it to their carts. We have technically known about a desired trilogy since the first Mass Effect but Bioware refused to confirm anything officially, this is the official announcement of the final game of the trilogy.  "
Congratulations to The Laughing Man for failing at reading. "
The article I read said pre orders where going though. So what I read was wrong. Not me failing to be able to read. 
#39 Posted by Napalm (9020 posts) -
@The_Laughing_Man: BUT THE PREORDERS STARTED BRO. I SAW IT. THEY STARTED.
#40 Posted by yinstarrunner (1197 posts) -

Here's hoping they can actually keep my interest with this one, unlike with ME2.

#41 Edited by vidiot (2737 posts) -

I love the Mass Effect series as the high adventure galaxy romp it is. This new trailer is fascinating for what it implies. Is Earth going to be the only planet were going to be exploring? Doubt it, but then you have the rumors about a possible multiplayer component (Something I personally don't want at all) and things start to get a bit hazy. Regardless, it's a good announcement trailer.

I'm kinda annoyed that after two games of wanting to go to Earth, we finally do, but it's a typical war-of-the-worlds situation where everything is devastated. :/

#42 Posted by McGhee (6094 posts) -

When the guy in the trailer says, "If Shepherd doesn't bring help soon. . ." I totally got chills.  

Man, I'm such a nerd.

#43 Posted by Geno (6477 posts) -

They should release it 2012. End of the world and all. 

#44 Posted by Edwardryu (437 posts) -

it's holiday 2011 (around thanksgiving day or before christmas). it's not 2012. what are you talking? trailer even showed it is coming holiday 2011. are you blind?

#45 Posted by withateethuh (726 posts) -

The multiplayer rumor was started over Bioware making a job listing about a year ago for a multiplayer aspect of one of their franchises. ME3 will not have anything to do with multiplayer; that'd be like assuming Elder Scrolls will have multiplayer. I don't know why anyone would be silly enough to assume that.

#46 Posted by Jasta (2217 posts) -

All I have to say on the subject is:

Fuck yes.

#47 Posted by Mrnitropb (2090 posts) -
@withateethuh said:
" The multiplayer rumor was started over Bioware making a job listing about a year ago for a multiplayer aspect of one of their franchises. ME3 will not have anything to do with multiplayer; that'd be like assuming Elder Scrolls will have multiplayer. I don't know why anyone would be silly enough to assume that. "
You sound like you're trying to convince yourself of that. Its better to voice ones fears, and have them assuaged, than to be blindsided by them. 

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.