Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Mass Effect 3

Game » consists of 19 releases. Released Mar 06, 2012

When Earth begins to fall in an ancient cycle of destruction, Commander Shepard must unite the forces of the galaxy to stop the Reapers in the final chapter of the original Mass Effect trilogy.

Mass Effect 3 - VGA Teaser

overbyte

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By overbyte
    thejamster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By thejamster

so excited! it's comin!

BossKong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By BossKong

That guy was just some dude.

bulletstorm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By bulletstorm

That guy was just shit out of luck.

fearthephins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By fearthephins

Waiting for this game to come out is killing me.....ahh I can't wait!!!!

Jedted

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

#6  Edited By Jedted

The voice over sounds like Dominic Keating.  I've been known to be mistaken though. 
    guiseppe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

#7  Edited By guiseppe

So god damned awesome. And it's just what I was hoping for too! It being focused on Earth just makes it so much better :D.

sodiumCyclops

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By sodiumCyclops

Please, please, please don't make the whole game centered around Earth. I love my space and it's travel madness. :(

Dany

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#9  Edited By Dany

Mass Effect  = space travel =  going to different planets on the normandy = meeting new people and doing shit like getting minerals 

It will not just be earth folks

General_D23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By General_D23
    @Dany said:
    " Mass Effect  = space travel =  going to different planets on the normandy = meeting new people and doing shit like getting minerals  It will not just be earth folks "
    Yep.

Still, one of my least favorite things about Mass Effect is the goddamn human favoritism. This is Science Fiction. Humans are boring, focus on the aliens. 

The more I think about, though, there was no other satisfactory way they were going to fit Earth in the trilogy, was there...
    Avatar image for deactivated-61665c8292280
    deactivated-61665c8292280

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

@General_D23 said:
    " @Dany said:
    " Mass Effect  = space travel =  going to different planets on the normandy = meeting new people and doing shit like getting minerals  It will not just be earth folks "
    Yep.  Still, one of my least favorite things about Mass Effect is the goddamn human favoritism. This is Science Fiction. Humans are boring, focus on the aliens.   The more I think about, though, there was no other satisfactory way they were going to fit Earth in the trilogy, was there... "
    That's a significant theme of the series, though. That's a huge point of conflict. 
    Dany

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Dany
    @Sir_Ragnarok said:
    " @General_D23 said:
    " @Dany said:
    Yep.  Still, one of my least favorite things about Mass Effect is the goddamn human favoritism. This is Science Fiction. Humans are boring, focus on the aliens.   The more I think about, though, there was no other satisfactory way they were going to fit Earth in the trilogy, was there... "
    That's a significant theme of the series, though. That's a huge point of conflict.  "
    Well their is no point of reference when in ME3 the reapers will start attacking, that is one thing that would determine how hte game would play out
    General_D23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By General_D23
    @Sir_Ragnarok: 
    Oh, I agree, it's a huge point. It's probably why I'm kind of "eh" on the overarching story at this point. I really just want to see the characters through.
    overbyte

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By overbyte
    @sodiumCyclops said:
    " Please, please, please don't make the whole game centered around Earth. I love my space and it's travel madness. :( "

It'll probably be like ME2, where all the trailers showed the Normandy 1 getting messed up, Shepard dying, and all that was like the first 10 minutes of the game.

ME3 might start up with Earth under attack, repelling it and then regrouping to build your massive intergalactic anti-Reaper army.

Avatar image for wintersnowblind
    WinterSnowblind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By WinterSnowblind

This is the only video for the game I'm going to watch, hopefully I can avoid as much information as possible leading up to the game.  It really annoyed me that they announced all the party members before the game came out, did they not think people would like more of a surprise?  Garrus was the worst for this, he was plastered all over IGN and Kotaku and as soon as you get the quest involving archangel, you know RIGHT AWAY it's going to be Garrus, especially when someone hints it's a turian.  If it wasn't for all the pre-release information, that would have been a great surprise.

ArchScabby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By ArchScabby

I'm so sad that Legion isn't going to be there to fight the reapers ;(

ElusiveCamel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By ElusiveCamel

I thoroughly enjoyed ME1 and loved ME2; it's one of my favourite games of the past 5/10 years. In my eyes, Bioware can do no wrong at this stage with ME3 (they better not :P)

woo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#18  Edited By woo

Rather than start a new thread about the teaser, I figured I would just post here.  I think this would be a good place to try and glean as much info as possible from the teaser.

• It's been a full week since the Reaper invasion on Earth, and it appears that they haven't received any aid from any other species/colonies.
    • The narrator states the forces are regrouping, does that mean the bulk of the System Alliance military has retreated entirely?
    • Can we assume the Reapers are invading Earth first as retaliation to Shepard?
    • Have the reapers invaded all of the galaxy? Thus the slow response of aid to Earth?
    • The narrator says, "If Shepard doesn't bring help soon.....", This implies that Shepard will be recruiting other species to come to aid, but I can also see a situation will Shephard might have to sacrifice Earth to save the galaxy, or save Earth at great cost to the Galaxy.

What do you guys think?

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.