Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Mass Effect 3

Game » consists of 19 releases. Released Mar 06, 2012

When Earth begins to fall in an ancient cycle of destruction, Commander Shepard must unite the forces of the galaxy to stop the Reapers in the final chapter of the original Mass Effect trilogy.

Mass effect game transfer 360 to PC

thenexus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By thenexus

I can not find anything concrete in this. I played mass effect 1 and 2 on the 360 and loved it. I know have a near full spec PC (I went to town) and I'm in there with the converted playing games with my controller on the PC and I have a 37inch display for my PC (not my tv, need for sem, work :) ) Now I'm keen to play ME3 on PC. Now with BF3 it new my bits of ME2 because of the link account from the online element of 2. In theory you could have you save from the 360 or at least the decisions you made ported to PC through your account. Question is, have they said you could do this? I invested in my chapter and decisions and I know in the big scheme of it, it does not really matter but I played ME2 all over so no one died so I'd like to feel connected still. Anyone know? Thanks

Wemibelle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 76

User Lists: 11

#2  Edited By Wemibelle

It would be nice but I seriously doubt there is a way to do it. Getting the file out of your 360 hard drive wouldn't be easy and I'd bet they aren't even the same kind of file.

If you go to http://www.masseffectsaves.com you can find a variety of PC saves that users have uploaded with a variety of choices that have been made. It might be possible to find a save there that was very close to the choices you made in ME1 and ME2 and just go with that.

ze_ro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By ze_ro

Some guy in the bioware social forums made this, a tool for converting xbox360 save files for pc (and vice versa).

spazmaster666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 16

#4  Edited By spazmaster666

@wemibelec90 said:

It would be nice but I seriously doubt there is a way to do it. Getting the file out of your 360 hard drive wouldn't be easy and I'd bet they aren't even the same kind of file.

Getting the the save from the 360 hard drive to the PC is actually very easy. All you need is a USB stick. But yeah, that sight ze_ro linked to totally works. I've done it myself multiple times.

WilliamRLBaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By WilliamRLBaker

I wish I had a good computer I own both ME1 and 2 on both 360 and PC sadly I own all the dlc on the 360 *dont liken buying it all again* I wish bioware would fix the issues with the 360 version there are certain events that aren't flagged correctly this was fixed in the pc version...

benspyda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#6  Edited By benspyda

I was going to play through Mass Effect 2 again but on PC and use an identical save from http://www.masseffectsaves.com to replicate my mass effect 1 game. But like WilliamRLBaker said I have all the DLC on 360 for ME 2 and am curious how at least shadow broker factors into ME 3.

I guess I could just convert my Mass Effect 2 360 save to pc to play ME 3 with. Half my crew did die in that save but all my team members lived.

thenexus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By thenexus

Thanks Guys,

VERY helpful, All info is out there I guess but never had anything concrete.

EA account knows things I did in Mass effect and it is not about the save really. All they need to know is - What you look like, what decisions you made in 1/2. Getting that in the Cloud as it were and allowing your choice info to work cross platform would be a prudent thing to do. Now more companies have online aspects of their system through steam, EA etc they should do this sort of option as standard.

TIEfighter77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#8  Edited By TIEfighter77

Actually, transferring is fairly easy from Xbox to PC. I have my exact Shepherd from ME1 & ME2 transferred just waiting for ME3 PC version. Use the link the other guy provided, but there are additional steps. You must move your save files to USB first (not copy). Then you will need to move to the PC and use a file extractor (Modio?). Then upload to the site to convert. You can also use Gibbed Mass Effect Modifier to change your outcomes (if you want). Go to the Bioware forums, all this stuff is there. As far as DLC, I got EA to give me codes to get all my DLC transferred for PC download (with the exception to Arrival, I had to buy it again). It took me all day on live chat but they finally allowed it.

thenexus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By thenexus

Why would you Move and not copy?

TIEfighter77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By TIEfighter77

It will not let you just copy. You have to move them and then move back.

slax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#11  Edited By slax

Necro time.

My question is, having not owned ME2 on PC, will straight transferring an Xbox ME2 save into Origin ME3 still work? I've got the saves sitting on my computer, with ME3 preloaded, but first I don't know where they would go. And second, since these are not ME3 saves, does it even make sense? Or do I need to go ahead and buy ME2 on PC?

razeeverything

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By razeeverything

Instructions on moving your 360 save to PC

1. Get a flash drive 1gb or greater and plug it into the 360 and format it if you have to.

2. Move (it doesnt allow you to copy) your Mass Effect 2 save to the flash drive.

3. Download Modio (http://www.game-tuts.com/community/index.php?pageid=modio)

4. Launch Modio and Extract the save you want to use.

5. Register on http://legion.cal24.pl/me2/index.php/site/index and click My Saves at the top and upload the save you extracted.

6. Congrats you can now Export your save in a Xbox or PC format.

7. Toss save in the saves folder for ME2 and launch ME2 to see if it shows up.

My save contained all the DLC i had bought on 360 but didnt have on the PC so i was unable to load my save but it was listed. Hopefully it will carry over without needing to actually have the DLC on PC.

razeeverything

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By razeeverything

I did what i listed above and my 360 save shows up in the load game list for ME2 on my pc now but it wont load. I hear its just because i had all the DLC on the 360 and dont have any of it on PC. Feeling pretty confident it'll work tonight when the game unlocks.

MikeFightNight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#14  Edited By MikeFightNight

@RazeEverything said:

I did what i listed above and my 360 save shows up in the load game list for ME2 on my pc now but it wont load. I hear its just because i had all the DLC on the 360 and dont have any of it on PC. Feeling pretty confident it'll work tonight when the game unlocks.

Yeah I transferred a save yesterday and had that happen. I installed the fire-walker DLC and it worked just fine. Being able to transfer a save from the 360 to PC still feels like magic to me. Think I may visit some planets for missions I never did in preparation for ME 3!

buft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 4

#15  Edited By buft

@TIEfighter77 said:

Actually, transferring is fairly easy from Xbox to PC. I have my exact Shepherd from ME1 & ME2 transferred just waiting for ME3 PC version. Use the link the other guy provided, but there are additional steps. You must move your save files to USB first (not copy). Then you will need to move to the PC and use a file extractor (Modio?). Then upload to the site to convert. You can also use Gibbed Mass Effect Modifier to change your outcomes (if you want). Go to the Bioware forums, all this stuff is there. As far as DLC, I got EA to give me codes to get all my DLC transferred for PC download (with the exception to Arrival, I had to buy it again). It took me all day on live chat but they finally allowed it.

you are a hero, i managed to get a mostly similar save from the mass effect saves site but this is much more stomachable than my old solution, for that i salute you!

TIEfighter77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By TIEfighter77

If you go on EA live chat and bitch enough, they will give you new download codes for the DLC you own on the 360. The only one I had to buy over was Arrival and they gave me a discount code for that.

On a side note, I am very sad this trilogy is about to end.

FiZi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By FiZi

Anyone had any luck going the other way? I want to take my PC save and move it to my 360 so I can avoid Origin.

razeeverything

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By razeeverything

Anyone unlock with VPN and get their transfered game to import?

sickVisionz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#19  Edited By sickVisionz

@MikeFightNight said:

Being able to transfer a save from the 360 to PC still feels like magic to me.

The real fun is editing your 360 saves. You can add characters into your party immediately, give yourself as many teammate powers as you have space for, effectively infinite ammo, and so many resources that you'll never have to scan a planet ever again. All BioWare games end up with pretty sweet editors that let you make some awesome New Game+ run throughs.

I only wish there was a PC to PS3 method. I planned on renting ME3 until my paycheck came but Redbox says they'll only have the PS3 version available and I only have the game on the 360 :(

marmalade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By marmalade

Alright, I feel really dumb for asking, but I'm clueless as to how to proceed. I've followed the steps here and have even managed to convert my xbox save into a ".pcsav" file, the problem is I have no idea how to get ME3 to import this save. Am I gonna have to create some sort of faux Mass Effect 2 folder and stuff the save file in there to trick ME3?

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.