Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Mass Effect 3

Game » consists of 19 releases. Released Mar 06, 2012

When Earth begins to fall in an ancient cycle of destruction, Commander Shepard must unite the forces of the galaxy to stop the Reapers in the final chapter of the original Mass Effect trilogy.

Mass Effect: Invasion (ME3 Spoiler Warning)

PhatSeeJay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 17

#1  Edited By PhatSeeJay

The premise for the next comic book (scheduled release: October 19th) has been announced , and it looks like it's going tap into the events that will lead to the rumors of Cerberus and their reason for going after Shepard in ME3.

Below is the cover art and the story premise. Judging by that, it seems Cerberus have made quite the advancements in Reaper technology. What's your take on it? Cerberus takes their research too far and falls to the Reaper influence in ME3?

No Caption Provided
    The Omega space station is the center of lawlessness in the galaxy, a den of vice ruled by the deadly asari Aria. It is also a strategic foothold in a galaxy-wide power struggle, and when the station comes under attack from a new threat unleashed by the humanity-first organization Cerberus, Aria is forced to become more ruthless than ever to protect her home—and her dominion!
    Bumpton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By Bumpton

Whoa, what? Cerberus attacking Omega? Aria kicking ass? This sounds amazing... Could have some great insight into ME3. What the hell is that alien on the cover though...?

I didn't read the second series of comics (the ones about the Illusive Man), but I really appreciated the extra information in the first comics about Liara (despite the shitty art...).
    Dany

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#3  Edited By Dany

I've heard that the comics suck and kinda retcon the entire Cerberus company. I heard the books are better but I hope this leads to Aria being on the squad, for a little while.

Jimbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By Jimbo

Really interested to see how Cerberus is handled in ME3. I've been playing a seriously flawed Shepard who has basically pissed off all the other races in the galaxy at every opportunity, which should put me and Cerberus on the same team by rights. The whole Humanity First vs. Multi-Culture has been a major theme throughout the trilogy and I'd hate to see them cop out now and railroad everybody in one direction towards a 'good' ending. I would love it if Earth ended up getting fucked over as a result of my Shepard burning all of her space bridges - to me that would be a very satisfying ending, because at least it would mean the game had something to say about something.

DoctorTran

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#5  Edited By DoctorTran
    @Bumpton said:
    Whoa, what? Cerberus attacking Omega? Aria kicking ass? This sounds amazing... Could have some great insight into ME3. What the hell is that alien on the cover though...? I didn't read the second series of comics (the ones about the Illusive Man), but I really appreciated the extra information in the first comics about Liara (despite the shitty art...).
    Looks like a Reaper to me.
    PhatSeeJay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 17

#6  Edited By PhatSeeJay

@DoctorTran said:

@Bumpton said:
    Whoa, what? Cerberus attacking Omega? Aria kicking ass? This sounds amazing... Could have some great insight into ME3. What the hell is that alien on the cover though...? I didn't read the second series of comics (the ones about the Illusive Man), but I really appreciated the extra information in the first comics about Liara (despite the shitty art...).
    Looks like a Reaper to me.

Looking at the preview pages of the comic; it looks like a more agile Scion from ME2.

No Caption Provided
    Chronorayven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#7  Edited By Chronorayven

Well I guess we'll find out when we read the comic when it releases then.

donchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#8  Edited By donchipotle

It is going to focus on Aria? Awesome. I thought she was one of the better and most underused characters in ME2

Avatar image for taliciadragonsong
    TaliciaDragonsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#9  Edited By TaliciaDragonsong

Awesome, I'm more and more a fan of the universe itself, not just Shepard and his merry bunch.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.