Mass Effect Three, here's why I think we'll see it at the VGA's.

Posted by Fruitcocoa (478 posts) -

Of course, every clue that BioWare shared with us can be can be read in a lot of different ways. Although, there are three way to obvious things in the clues that seems to reveal way to specific information for this to turn out other then a Mass Effect-game. The first is as we all know it the weapon. We know BioWare they wouldn't be that lazy to put Mass Effect weapons in other games, right? So that is the first obvious clue. The second one however is the one that makes me believe that this is just as the Mass Effect 2 teaser - just an introduction, a little pre-event that we'll see at the very beginning at the game that might not  necessarily be in the game at all.  

I am talking about the SIS stuff. The second most confusing clue. And once again I think that the coincidence of some things is way to obvious. The SIS building can be found in London next to the vauxhall bridge over the thames. Just to put this in content - BioWare has said over and over again that earth might be a major playground in Mass Effect 3. Also, Captain Anderson is from London. Also, the building in which our teaser character is in is the SIS building in London. He could be looking out over the Vauxhall bridge. He is probably a recruitable character in Mass Effect 3, someone who Captain Anderson tell you about. The guy is looking out from the exact same position as the SIS building is. The fact that the (Vauxhall) bridge is to his left is also a very wierd coincidence. So what do you think guys? With earth being mentioned as much as it is in the games and by the developers, and of course the books, it would be pretty bad if BioWare just F* with us. Although, if this happened to be an expansion for Mass Effect 2 with multiplayer, I wouldn't be suprised.  

A very small detail which might not even have something to do with this is the latest Bonus Round with Geoff on GameTrailers. They totally talked about Mass Effect and showed this teaser and continued with Mass Effect 2 footage. I am pretty sure that this is a Mass Effect-game and I do think that it is Mass Effect 3 we are looking at. What do you think? :) 

#1 Posted by Fruitcocoa (478 posts) -

Of course, every clue that BioWare shared with us can be can be read in a lot of different ways. Although, there are three way to obvious things in the clues that seems to reveal way to specific information for this to turn out other then a Mass Effect-game. The first is as we all know it the weapon. We know BioWare they wouldn't be that lazy to put Mass Effect weapons in other games, right? So that is the first obvious clue. The second one however is the one that makes me believe that this is just as the Mass Effect 2 teaser - just an introduction, a little pre-event that we'll see at the very beginning at the game that might not  necessarily be in the game at all.  

I am talking about the SIS stuff. The second most confusing clue. And once again I think that the coincidence of some things is way to obvious. The SIS building can be found in London next to the vauxhall bridge over the thames. Just to put this in content - BioWare has said over and over again that earth might be a major playground in Mass Effect 3. Also, Captain Anderson is from London. Also, the building in which our teaser character is in is the SIS building in London. He could be looking out over the Vauxhall bridge. He is probably a recruitable character in Mass Effect 3, someone who Captain Anderson tell you about. The guy is looking out from the exact same position as the SIS building is. The fact that the (Vauxhall) bridge is to his left is also a very wierd coincidence. So what do you think guys? With earth being mentioned as much as it is in the games and by the developers, and of course the books, it would be pretty bad if BioWare just F* with us. Although, if this happened to be an expansion for Mass Effect 2 with multiplayer, I wouldn't be suprised.  

A very small detail which might not even have something to do with this is the latest Bonus Round with Geoff on GameTrailers. They totally talked about Mass Effect and showed this teaser and continued with Mass Effect 2 footage. I am pretty sure that this is a Mass Effect-game and I do think that it is Mass Effect 3 we are looking at. What do you think? :) 

#2 Posted by Gamer_152 (14051 posts) -

It's definitely going to be a Mass Effect game that they're teasing, but there has been a fair deal of speculation over the idea that this might not be Mass Effect 3 at all. Some have theorised a multiplayer Mass Effect, while others think this game might be a bridge between Mass Effect 2 and Mass Effect 3, in the same way that Halo 3: ODST helped fill the large gap in time between Halo 3 and Halo: Reach. If they are announcing Mass Effect 3 at the VGAs it seems very early for them to do it, even if they're not showing off any of the game itself. Keep in mind that Mass Effect 2 hasn't even been released on Playstation 3, let alone become an established title for the platform. Bioware will want as much interest in Mass Effect 3 as possible when they announce it, and it doesn't make much sense for them to start flaunting a sequel to Mass Effect 2 before some have even played the game. That being said I think any firm conclusion drawn on exactly what Bioware are teasing (outside of it being a Mass Effect game) would be largely based on guess work. Bioware have teased this next Mass Effect title the way they have specifically to give us very little details about the project itself but to make us curious enough to pay attention to what they're doing.

#3 Posted by ColinWright (741 posts) -

Did you watch Lost? If not, it seems like a show just for people like you.

#4 Posted by FreakAche (2948 posts) -
@CarlSmith: You know that the most recent clue led to a URL to a web page with a  picture of a red herring on it. I think it's equally possible that BioWare has just been messing with us the whole time and there announcement will be completely unrelated to any of the clues.
#5 Posted by Fruitcocoa (478 posts) -
@FreakAche said:
" @CarlSmith: You know that the most recent clue led to a URL to a web page with a  picture of a red herring on it. I think it's equally possible that BioWare has just been messing with us the whole time and there announcement will be completely unrelated to any of the clues. "
I wouldn't be surprised. My theory of the red herring is just a confirmation of that London might be a major location in the next Mass Effect game. Isn't Red Herring a bank in London?
#6 Posted by Fruitcocoa (478 posts) -

Or what if they just want to confirm that fishing is going to be a mini game in the next Mass Effect game? ;) 

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.