Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Mass Effect 3

Game » consists of 19 releases. Released Mar 06, 2012

When Earth begins to fall in an ancient cycle of destruction, Commander Shepard must unite the forces of the galaxy to stop the Reapers in the final chapter of the original Mass Effect trilogy.

ME1 and ME2 choices for your first play through?

MrBelmont

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By MrBelmont

Just curious what everyones choices from ME1 and Me2 are that they will be carrying over for their first playthrough. Mine: Male Shepard, Infiltrator, Paragon, Saved humans (screw the council), Killed off Kaiden, Saved the Rachni, romanced Tali, blew up the collector ship, and everyone survived the suicide mission. Im curious how all the little decisions will play out also, like letting Kasumi keep the gray box or telling Mordin to keep the genophage data.

zidd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 24

#2  Edited By zidd

I'm interested in seeing the combination of keeping/handing over the geth data from tali's fathers experiments and your decision from legion's loyalty mission turn out and whether or not the quarians will go to war with the geth with the impending reaper threat.

Maystack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Maystack

From what I can remember from my main playthrough, it's pretty similar to OPs, except I saved the council, and romanced Ash. I'm currently doing a playthrough where I'm doing all the opposites.

veektarius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By veektarius

I ditched my first playthrough before my first time doing ME2 because I decided I gained nothing gamewise by going with my decision to kill Wrex. I thought it was very cool that I could do it at the time, but the implementation in latter games is like, "Well, you fucked things up, have slightly less content as a result"

CottonWolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By CottonWolf

Hmmm... Mine's female Shep, Vanguard (though I'll probably switch to an Adept for 3), Renegade, saved the council, saved the Rachni, killed Kaiden, destroyed the genophage cure, saved Wrex, killed Samara for Morinth, no romance, destroyed the Heretics, didn't give the research data to the Admiralty Board, saved the Collector Base, everyone survived the suicide mission.

jackelbeaver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By jackelbeaver

My first shep: Saved council and raccni and wrex, accidentally saved kaiden, saw liara's butt....killed most every secondary character in the game (Giana Parassini was the only return cameo I ran into besides the raccni and wrex) promoted anderson to council, let Balak escape the dlc mission at the end.

ME2 choices for her: every character that could die died, except maelin, didnt kill Vido, kept genophage, killed morinth, got all of the good endings to dlc missions, kept the black box from kasumi's mission, didnt hand over evidence of tali's father, rewrote the geth, blew up the collector base, stayed troo to liara. I chickened out of some difficult choices with saves. I was about to start a romance with garrus but i chickened out because i thought it would mess up things with liara, my initial choices got grunt killed but I cheated and sent someone else because I'm a stupid bitch. Also I would have ended up losing Mordin as well because of who i would have ended up leaving at hold the line. I kind of want to try editing my save to be what i was really going to end up with, but whatever.

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

#7  Edited By Justin258

Saved council and Rachni, Wrex died, saved Kaiden. I don't remember what else was included in the first game.

The second game had everyone dead at the ending except for Miranda (lucky bitch), Jacob, Mordin, and Shephard. Yeah, I kind of just rushed through the game.

However, I don't know if the New Game + playthrough overwrote that. There, everyone except Miranda survived. Take that! I went every mission to talk to her so I didn't have to fuck a psycho or an alien, and the bitch threw a hissyfit over some disagreement.

ZenaxPure

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#8  Edited By ZenaxPure

I saved the council, saved wrex, let ashley die (the only correct choice), and in ME2 had everyone survive the suicide mission without handing over the data stuff to Cerberus. 

If my ME2 would stop bugging out (I tried playing it last week and ran into four game breaking bugs) I am preparing a save file for ME3 I like to call the "Shepard is a bumbling idiot and everyone dies" adventures. In ME1 I had wrex die, council die, raccni die, and Kaiden die (you know, the wrong choice there), and in ME2 I plan to have my entire crew and party members die if possible. Also any time there is an innocent person that can die I go out of my way to make sure they die, such as Mordin's assistant.  

Basically I want to see what happens in ME3 when almost everyone is dead except Shepard. 

Avatar image for wintersnowblind
    WinterSnowblind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#9  Edited By WinterSnowblind

I played a Paragon but let the council die for the greater good, saved Wrex, the rachni, romanced Liara and killed Ashley.

For ME2, continued the relationship with Liara (avoided romance until the DLC because you know it will make a difference), kept the genophage data for myself, rebooted the geth, destroyed the Collector ship and the entire crew survived.

ImmortalSaiyan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#10  Edited By ImmortalSaiyan

Hopefully my choices from the first two games have a impact on this this time. In two I felt like barely anything I did in the first game mattered.

neurotic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By neurotic

If I used my first ME1 playthrough I'll have an almost 100% Paragon, female Shepard with Kaiden dead, Council saved, Wrex alive, everyone back from the suicide mission and the Collector ship/weapon thing will still be around. I don't want to use that, playing Paragon is boring. That Shepard is how I played RPGs like 3 years ago. Problem is my other two Shepards (one male and another female) aren't done with ME2 yet. I probably won't get 3 at launch anyway so I'll have time though.

Dany

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#12  Edited By Dany

My female shepard is gay for liara but willing to get down with kelly the moment presents itself and is paragon through and through, max amount of crew members saved

my male shepard is kinda confused, thinks he is bi for liara but wants to bone thane and maybe that new marine, (Vega?) he is a renegade, takes no prisoners, he risked it all getting the collectors base with mabe 4-5 crew members living.

Both are adept because majik rulez

BoG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#13  Edited By BoG

Male Shepard, infiltrator, and straight up paragon. In the first game, I romanced Ashley due to being human. When a man is trapped on a spaceship, he takes what he can get, even if it's some crazy xenophobe. Due to being in a relationship and all, I figured I ought to let Ashley live even if she is a terrible person, so Kaidan is dead. I had no choice but to save my main man Wrex, though. In the second game, I jumped for joy when she dumped me, so I could romance Miranda. In the first game, I saved the Rachni queen. As for my team in the second game, I recruited everyone but Morinth, who I had no idea could be recruited. So, I killed her for seducing and murdering innocent young women. Everyone survived the suicide mission.

I will never understand why people romance Liara. I want human spawn.

monkeyking1969

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

#14  Edited By monkeyking1969

I have three saves coming out of ME2. One Paragon female, one Paragon male, and one male Renegade. I save team and did allow one or two paragon choices to save some NPCs, Think the only big renegade choice I made was in the DLC where I allowed that entire Bartarian star system to be destroyed without warning. I also wonder how the Shadow Broker DLC will work into the third story, in all of my saves Liara is the new Shadow Broker.

I think weird part about the game is they never really explore the Paragon or Renegade paths much. If your Shep is a real dick your crew treats that jerk-shep fairly well all the same, they act only slightly reserved. However, that might change from what I hear there will be fewer NPCs in the third game but each will have more dialogue.

mfpantst

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#15  Edited By mfpantst

I killed Wrex, loved Ashley, remained faithful, was a paragon, saved everyone in the end of ME2 and destroyed the station.  Because I'm a cruel paragon fucker.

However, since finishing ME2 I've lost all my saves and have to do this all over again.

pyromagnestir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 23

#16  Edited By pyromagnestir

ME1 Male infiltrator who let the rachni queen live, talked down Wrex, banged Liara, did mostly paragon choices, but let the council die.

ME2 same character banged Miranda, lost all my crew but for the doc, but kept my squad alive, kept the collector ship

RichMeisterMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By RichMeisterMan

When I play through I always made the decision that I think would lead to an extra mission or some kind of gain in the next game.

For instance, when it comes to squadmates dying on the suicide mission; the only plausible outcome is that you're going to be in some way slighted by a lack of a mission, an empty room on your ship, a shallow replacement character, etc. This is what I don't like about a lot of these "decisions". They're not really decisions. Like in the first game when it comes to killing or saving the Rachni Queen. If you killed her it seems like there's going to be no real benefit as opposed to letting her live which in the 2nd game pointed to it being all but certain that the Rachni are going to help stomp some Reaper ass in the ME3. By killing her though...what could you possibly get? Same with destroying the derelict Reaper ship; by keeping it I could see you getting some sweet ass tech or something, but what the hell could you get by destroying it? And, yeah you'll probably get something for making that choice, but at the same time it'll probably pale in comparison to the reward for letting Cerberus take it. Like you'll get some extra money or experience instead of some cool new weapon or ability.

We'll see though, maybe Bioware will prove me wrong.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ba16609964d9
    deactivated-5ba16609964d9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 20

Maybe it is just me but I have played through Mass Effect 1 like 8 times and I can never bring myself to kill Wrex. 

CottonWolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By CottonWolf

@RichMeisterMan: I guess their argument in response to that would be that they are giving you more freedom to roleplay in your RPG. But yeah, I take the point that if choice just gives you less I'd rather it wasn't an option.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.