ME3 Spoilercast?

#1 Posted by Blackmoore (254 posts) -

It's probably too late for it now, but I'm still hoping. I'd love to hear the crew discuss the finer points of the game beyond the ending, but I'm going to guess that the ending brouhaha has worn everyone down so that they don't want to even think about Mass Effect anymore.

#2 Posted by Bocam (3674 posts) -

Won't happen because of all the new content they're are working on. Also, because of Brad.

#3 Posted by rjayb89 (7717 posts) -

Brad left Mass Effect 3.

#4 Posted by Pr1mus (3823 posts) -

Every week they talk about it and every week Jeff keeps saying he's tired of talking about it.

#5 Posted by august (3827 posts) -

Nope.

#6 Posted by The_Nubster (2052 posts) -

Was the Portal 2 Spoilercast the only one they did? I would really enjoy an in-depth discussion of one game every now and then. It's interesting to listen to, but it sucks that they're all talked-out with ME3.

#7 Posted by Bocam (3674 posts) -

They did a MGS 4 one and MW one

#8 Posted by RockinKemosabe (619 posts) -

Because of all the news of ME3 they said that they were tired of talking about the game. Also Brad still hasn't played it and doesn't sound like he will in a long time yet. I'm a bit disappointed it's not going to happen because I would of loved to of heard about what choices each of them made in certain situations and how their previous decisions affected them. I believe that the overreaction to the ending of the game washed over all the awesome moments in the game.

#9 Posted by MiniPato (2721 posts) -

I feel like they have all burned out on Mass Effect 3 talk. I would be too. Considering all the drama surrounding it and the fact that they're releasing an extended ending thing. I really don't feel the need for one.

#10 Posted by Hailinel (23941 posts) -

Brad pulled a Brad on the entirety of the game.

#11 Posted by Bocam (3674 posts) -
@Hailinel More like Brad's flash drive pulled a Brad.
#12 Posted by Aleryn (704 posts) -

The amount of spoilercasts across the internets might also detour them from doing another one. Still though, I'd like to hear their reactions to the option of (SPOILER?) killing Wrex.

#13 Posted by Bocam (3674 posts) -
@Aleryn No one probably did that.
#14 Edited by efman (208 posts) -

Talk about a game being given the shaft with all the controversy surrounding the outcry following the ending. Really, a podcast devoted to ME3 sounded like a forgone conclusion with this being the ending of the trilogy and all. It's been really interesting to see how the relevancy of a game can founder under the weight of fervor, passion and the demand for further insight from a fan-base like ME's. Can't really recall this ever happening to a game. But yeah, across the board, everyone is a bit fatigued out whenever ME3 comes up, so it's only telling that they'll abstain for now, until -- maybe? -- the end-of-the-year deliberations, so long as that ending does its magic.

#15 Posted by End_Boss (3220 posts) -

There is no way you will get Jeff Gerstmann and Ryan Davis to sit down in a podcast booth and discuss more Mass Effect 3. And I totally don't blame them. Even as a long-time fan of the series (and as someone who doesn't give a shit either way about the ending), I just want that game to go away.

#16 Posted by tsiro (214 posts) -

Maybe they can kill two birds with one stone and make ME3 the next Endurance Run! By which I mean everyone stop asking about it, they've said numerous times that they're tired of talking about it.

(Disclaimer: if it wasn't clear enough, my suggestion was a joke. And while an ME3 spoilercast isn't inherently a bad idea, they've continually said that they don't want to talk about ME3 anymore.)

#17 Posted by KatyGaGa (275 posts) -

its kind of weird that they did one for MW and not this. I want a spoiler cast, even if its only 10 minutes.

#18 Posted by wemibelec90 (1563 posts) -

In the last Bombcast, they just pretty much confirmed they aren't doing one. Too tired of all the crap around the ending to care anymore.

#19 Posted by onan (1283 posts) -

@tsiro said:

Maybe they can kill two birds with one stone and make ME3 the next Endurance Run! By which I mean everyone stop asking about it, they've said numerous times that they're tired of talking about it.

(Disclaimer: if it wasn't clear enough, my suggestion was a joke. And while an ME3 spoilercast isn't inherently a bad idea, they've continually said that they don't want to talk about ME3 anymore.)

No way. They won't do a game that's too new, plus it would burn too many bridges at bioware if they tried that. (As a bigger outlet, I think they might even need permission from the publishers to do an endurance run, although I'm just pulling that out of my ass.)

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.