Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Mass Effect 3

Game » consists of 19 releases. Released Mar 06, 2012

When Earth begins to fall in an ancient cycle of destruction, Commander Shepard must unite the forces of the galaxy to stop the Reapers in the final chapter of the original Mass Effect trilogy.

Moments of Awesomeness: Mass Effect 3 Edition

Delphic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 6

#1  Edited By Delphic

I had an interesting idea to where I thought we all could share moments from our Mass Effect 3 game sessions when we did something really awesome and rate them. So here's the rule to this little game. Read the post above you and give it a rating of 1 through 10. Then write a paragraph of your own describing your own moment of awesomeness. I'll start it off with this one:

During the Tuchanka: Bomb side mission you have to provide cover fire for Lieutenant Victus from a Cerberus assault while he defuses the Turian bomb. When the last Cerberus shuttle opened it's doors to drop a it's squad I activated my adrenaline rush ability and hit every Cerberus trooper with a head shot and dropped them all before they even stepped out of the shuttle. The best part though is that not a single Cerberus corpse fell out and the shuttle had to shut it's doors with it's squad still on it.

Dany

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By Dany

The tuchunka main mission is the best thing ever. Best ending ever

rjayb89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

#3  Edited By rjayb89

Conrad Verner. Now that guy... pretty crazy.

matthias2437

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By matthias2437

@Dany said:

The tuchunka main mission is the best thing ever. Best ending ever

It was so good, but so sad.

One of my favorite gameplay moments though was when I took down two Brutes just using my vanguard charge ability. I was out of ammo (only ever carried one shotgun on my so I had a fast cooldown timer) and managed to take down two Brutes just using charge, which recharged my shield to 100% and had a cooldown of maybe 3 seconds.So it was about 30 seconds of charge, melee, charge, melee, charge ect. ect.

Kevin_Cogneto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By Kevin_Cogneto

@rjayb89 said:

What happens to Conrad in ME3? My Conrad got hit by a bus or something in the last game, I don't remember the specifics anymore.

rjayb89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By rjayb89

@Kevin_Cogneto said:

@rjayb89 said:

What happens to Conrad in ME3? My Conrad got hit by a bus or something in the last game, I don't remember the specifics anymore.

SPOILERS INCOMING

Turns out he's actually a scientist who ends up working for Cerberus, not because he was a scientist but because Shepard was a part of them and he wanted to be like him/her. Of course, you end up setting him straight and reveals he knows something about aiding the construction of the Crucible when you ask if he can do anything useful and throws a bunch of science at you. You eventually fix the wrong he did and he "saves" your life from an undercover Cerberus agent and takes a bullet, however, the bullet jammed in his gun because of someone, whom you helped in Chora's Den (if you did, I assume), Jenna. But the fourth-wall breaking (gameplay-related from past Mass Effect games) conversations you can have him are freaking amazing.

donchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By donchipotle

Mordin doing a remix of his musical number was pretty awesome

ll_Exile_ll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#8  Edited By ll_Exile_ll

@rjayb89 said:

@Kevin_Cogneto said:

@rjayb89 said:

SPOILERS INCOMING

Turns out he's actually a scientist who ends up working for Cerberus, not because he was a scientist but because Shepard was a part of them and he wanted to be like him/her. Of course, you end up setting him straight and reveals he knows something about aiding the construction of the Crucible when you ask if he can do anything useful and throws a bunch of science at you. You eventually fix the wrong he did and he "saves" your life from an undercover Cerberus agent and takes a bullet, however, the bullet jammed in his gun because of someone, whom you helped in Chora's Den (if you did, I assume), Jenna. But the fourth-wall breaking (gameplay-related from past Mass Effect games) conversations you can have him are freaking amazing.

The Conrad side quest is hilarious in that it checks a bunch a random ME1 side quests like Gavin Hossle from Feros, the Matriarch's writing collection quest, and the Jenna quest. It may even check more than, but I didn't have the Matriarch's writings on the character I used. He also references the glitch where it only played the renegade version in ME2. He says "If I ever accused of pointing a gun at me when you really didn't, I'm sorry"

Tennmuerti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

#9  Edited By Tennmuerti

The game is full of insanely amazing moments.
    As someone who has been invested in the series and characters from the begining, some of their resolutions, words, deeds, endings, are simply midblowing. I fucking teared up several times.

prettyunsmart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By prettyunsmart

I don't want to say too much in case anyone hasn't seen it yet, but Shepard and Garrus hanging out on top of the Presidium is probably my favorite conversation in the series.

DeShawn2ks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By DeShawn2ks

@rjayb89 said:

@Kevin_Cogneto said:

@rjayb89 said:

SPOILERS INCOMING

I liked how Conrad addressed the bug in ME2 also. If anyone remembers no matter what you said to him in the first Mass Effect he always says you pointed a gun at him in ME2. For some reason this bug never got fixed or wasn't able to be fixed. Conrad apologized for lying and we are cool now.

defaultprophet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By defaultprophet

Well shit where do you find Conrad?

NathanStack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By NathanStack

Pretty much every Javik says. That character is a comedy goldmine.

Cataphract1014

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Cataphract1014

I enjoyed listen to Garrus and Joker tell jokes to each other on the bridge for like a minute. Some of them were pretty good.

rjayb89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By rjayb89

@DefaultProphet: The Holding Area at the Citadel after... "meeting" with the Salarian councilor. I believe you'll have to trigger it by overhearing a doctor complaining about the damaged medi-gel dispensers near the crates.

fusrodah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By fusrodah

Tali & Garrus, enough said.

AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#17  Edited By AhmadMetallic

Nobody read the OP. Not one person.

Tennmuerti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#18  Edited By Tennmuerti
    @AhmadMetallic said:
    Nobody read the OP. Not one person.
    We did, it's just that combat in ME is not awesome. it's just simple math. I've  slowed down time and gunned down a dozen enemeis in a single continuous machine gun barage, I've charged into groups of dudes and novad them all then charged next group etc etc. This isn't BF3.
    All that shit is nothing in comparison to actual awesome moments of the narative and character interactions.
    honkyjesus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#19  Edited By honkyjesus

The corny dialogue throughout.

Hammering the X button on my 360 anytime one of the thousand hours of cutscenes pops up.

Changing discs a dozen times, literally about once an hour.

Chobot being in it even though she works for a couple places that have reviewed the game. Oopsiez.

Finishing a shooter like this in eleven hours.

My character and most others having the movement of monkeys. And at times speaking monkey.

A AAA title having the amazing tech problems this game has.

Wondering why only the Gerstmann review mentioned anything remotely negative about the game.

big_jon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 18

#20  Edited By big_jon

@fusrodah said:

Tali & Garrus, enough said.

?

I got a pretty funny moment with Vega and Tali.

sgtsphynx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 32

#21  Edited By sgtsphynx  Moderator

For something I personally did, pistol whipped a brute to death because I was out of ammo and got the Brawler achievement with its death.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.