Most annoying enemy per Faction?

#1 Edited by SmasheControllers (2550 posts) -

Each Faction has an you'd wish would just die, what's the most annoying enemy?

Geth - Geth Hunters

Cerberus - Atlas/Turrets

Reapers - Ravager

#2 Posted by StarvingGamer (8250 posts) -

Invisible turrets in multiplayer. Seriously, fuck those assholes.

#3 Posted by FLStyle (4707 posts) -

I'm not much of a close-up melee guy and when I see these things I run.

Cerberus - Phantoms

Geth - Pyros

Reapers - Brutes

#4 Posted by believer258 (11914 posts) -

Banshees. I hate those things. Not only do they have the most annoying wail in the world, they can also get around the battlefield faster than anything thanks to their teleporting ability, they have a devastating homing distanced attack that keeps knocking your health downwards after it hits, they have a melee that instant kills you no matter what, if you get too close, and they have tons of health.

Ravagers just have tons of health. Their distanced attack is powerful but easy to dodge.

#5 Posted by Darkstar614 (1098 posts) -

Turrets for Cerberus for sure, those things are so annoying.

Reaper has it be Banshee only because of being on a team that can't dps fast enough to break its teleport power.

Geth - Everything but pyros seriously. Geth LOVE to roll out of every power you throw at them, yet dodging rockets is a waste of time because it's server side and you have to dodge super early. And Primes are too tall and shoot you over cover too often.

#6 Posted by TaliciaDragonsong (8699 posts) -

Geth Hunters
 
Centurions (fuck those smoke grenades, they spam it like there's a firesale for them going on)
 
Any reaper unit reinforced with plating...overpowered!

#7 Posted by DoctorWelch (2774 posts) -

I am just gonna say that those fucking Banshees are annoying as fuck. Especially in that ending sequence when you are defending the missiles and there are like fucking 5 or 6 of those mother fuckers after you. They were really the only unit that I was actually scared to face in ME3. The other heavy units were just annoying because I would never die, I just had to dump a shit ton of ammo into them.

#8 Posted by Cyrus_Saren (536 posts) -

Geth - Geth Hunters

Cerberus - Turrets

Reaper - Banshee

#9 Posted by deerokus (544 posts) -

Brutes and Banshees, fuck those things. Tedious enemies to fight.

#10 Posted by pweidman (2337 posts) -

Banshees, turrets, and phantoms. Geth are never as annoying as the other two types.

#11 Posted by DarkShaper (1334 posts) -

Reapers - Banshees

Geth - Hunters

Cerberus - Atlas

#12 Posted by Kevin_Cogneto (1077 posts) -

When you're a Quarian Infiltrator, turrets are your best friend. One quick sabotage and they'll wipe out an entire squad of Cerberus troops for you.

Honestly, the only unit in any faction that really scares me is the banshee.

#13 Posted by Slaker117 (4842 posts) -

Fuck the banshee.

#14 Posted by Bulby33 (590 posts) -
Cerberus: Phantoms - Their palm guns do an annoying amount of damage and that one-hit kill sword attack can sometimes come out of nowhere. 
 
Geth: Rocket Troopers: These dudes never quit. Their rockets take out your shield in one hit and the launcher is nearly semi-automatic. If there's 3 or 4 around you, you're done.
 
Reapers: Ravagers - They aren't too bad if there isn't a Banshee around but when you're trying to take out more powerful enemies these fuckers come out of nowhere and instantly kill you.
#15 Posted by Dany (7887 posts) -

Ravagers, Turrets and I dunno, the geth rocket troopers.

Its weird that there are only 3 enemy types in the game but I guess its a testament that they are all radically different.

#16 Posted by onan (1286 posts) -

@DoctorWelch said:

I am just gonna say that those fucking Banshees are annoying as fuck. Especially in that ending sequence when you are defending the missiles and there are like fucking 5 or 6 of those mother fuckers after you. They were really the only unit that I was actually scared to face in ME3. The other heavy units were just annoying because I would never die, I just had to dump a shit ton of ammo into them.

Haha, yeah, I saw them, looked at my ammo, realized I didn't have enough to take them down and going for a refill would probably be suicide. Playing as soldier, I decided to go for broke, activated Adrenaline, and serpentine roadie-ran through them to the objective to activate it. Had to stop literally RIGHT NEXT TO ONE to do it, and then had to adjust where I was standing. Lucked out twice: First that I didn't get insta-killed by the Banshee standing right behind me, and also that a cutscene triggered and they just disappeared.

#17 Posted by SpaceInsomniac (3743 posts) -
@pweidman said:

Banshees, turrets, and phantoms. Geth are never as annoying as the other two types.

Phantoms are a joke if you have a character with stasis bubble.  And yes, if you work together well, Geth can be pretty easy.  So far, they're the only faction that I've been able to defeat in a gold match.
#18 Posted by SmasheControllers (2550 posts) -

@SpaceInsomniac: Agreed, I think anything with Armor is the worst, No one class really specializes at taking out armor.

#19 Posted by anzejk (126 posts) -

Man-o-man, i fucking HATE Banshees. I played on hardcore, because normal was too fuckin' easy, and Banshees were a big pain in the ass, especialy in the "Defend the missiles" mission, where there's about 6 of 'em. And probably Geth Hunters, but they're not even half as tuff as Banshees.

#20 Posted by InternetCrab (1504 posts) -

Reapers- Banshee

Geth - Geth Primes (if not boss chars, pyro)

Cerberus - Phantoms

#21 Posted by Jimbo (9814 posts) -

Loved turrets because I had Sabotage (which makes them friendly).  I thought Atlus' were completely useless too, which made their grand entrances pretty amusing.  Banshees and Brutes can be annoying if you get more than one of them, mostly because your AI team-mates are hopeless against them.
 
Multiplayer I have no idea.

#22 Posted by Synaptic (310 posts) -

@anzejk said:

Man-o-man, i fucking HATE Banshees. I played on hardcore, because normal was too fuckin' easy, and Banshees were a big pain in the ass, especialy in the "Defend the missiles" mission, where there's about 6 of 'em. And probably Geth Hunters, but they're not even half as tuff as Banshees.

That one mission made me hate them so much, I wanted to break things. Banshees can all burn in hell.

#23 Posted by UlquioKani (1059 posts) -

Geth - Fucking Pyros end you so quickly and those Hunters and sneaky mother fuckers. This is the first game where enemies who are invisible are actually a pain

Reapers - Banshees are relentless bitches and Ravagers like to fuck you up long rang.

Cerberus - These guys are sissies, I guess turrets but they can be dealt with easily

#24 Posted by Flaime (527 posts) -

Reapers - Banshee (nothing fun about fighting these - nothing)

Geth - Rocket Trooper

Cerberus - Combat Engineers

#25 Posted by tobygw (580 posts) -
#26 Posted by FavoritoBandito (171 posts) -

Geth - Primes

Cerberus - Atlas

Reaper - Banshee

Playing as an Infiltrator Turrets were not a big deal, but early game Atlas units could create really long fights.

#27 Posted by justinsimonin (45 posts) -

Turrets are probably the most annoying of all the factions. Always seems like as soon as you are even barely within their line of fire they are just dumping rounds into you. Close second would be ravegers and/ or groups of geth rocket troopers since they can take you down from easy across the map if you're not paying attention. I don't find Pyros to be that bad honestly because even in groups they have limited range. If you just back off they're really not that bad.

#28 Posted by UitDeToekomst (716 posts) -

Reapers- Banshee

Geth - Pyros

Cerberus - Phantoms

#29 Edited by phrosnite (3518 posts) -

Geth - Geth Hunters

Cerberus - Turrets & Phantom

Reapers - Ravager

Everything else dies pretty easy or it's easy to evade. Turrets a problem when my teammates fail to kill the engineers fast enough. When I hear an engineer he becomes my first priority.

#30 Posted by Christoffer (1823 posts) -

Is it Geth Hunters that's cloaked? Those are the only ones I've had (unfair) problems with. Mostly when the team is focused on a though enemy and the cloaked ones sneak up behind the team members and kill of the little life they have left. Other than that I don't wish for any opponent to go away.

#31 Posted by Mr_Skeleton (5144 posts) -

@Slaker117 said:

Fuck the banshee.

I second that.

#32 Posted by DoctorWelch (2774 posts) -

@onan said:

@DoctorWelch said:

I am just gonna say that those fucking Banshees are annoying as fuck. Especially in that ending sequence when you are defending the missiles and there are like fucking 5 or 6 of those mother fuckers after you. They were really the only unit that I was actually scared to face in ME3. The other heavy units were just annoying because I would never die, I just had to dump a shit ton of ammo into them.

Haha, yeah, I saw them, looked at my ammo, realized I didn't have enough to take them down and going for a refill would probably be suicide. Playing as soldier, I decided to go for broke, activated Adrenaline, and serpentine roadie-ran through them to the objective to activate it. Had to stop literally RIGHT NEXT TO ONE to do it, and then had to adjust where I was standing. Lucked out twice: First that I didn't get insta-killed by the Banshee standing right behind me, and also that a cutscene triggered and they just disappeared.

Hahaha, I did the exact same thing almost. I was just fighting a shit ton of them with Garrus in that building to the left when I heard that the missiles were ready to launch and I just booked it full speed away from like 4 of them and made it to the cutscene where they disappeared.

#33 Posted by Phatmac (5726 posts) -

Kai Leng was nearly impossible for me during my insanity run. I know that isn't the point of this thread. Just fuck that guy.

#34 Posted by TIEfighter77 (80 posts) -

I don't want to ever see another Banshee especially after defending the missile launcher. I hate anything I cannot freeze with stasis.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.