Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Mass Effect 3

Game » consists of 19 releases. Released Mar 06, 2012

When Earth begins to fall in an ancient cycle of destruction, Commander Shepard must unite the forces of the galaxy to stop the Reapers in the final chapter of the original Mass Effect trilogy.

Multiplayer Gameplay(Soldier/Adept)

genericHenle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By genericHenle

Hi everyone! Today I made two gameplay videos of the multiplayer section of the demo so I thought I would share them. Yes I am whoring myself out... The Adept video does show some of the customization options. Hope you enjoy!

rawrz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By rawrz

How is the multiplayer?

Vinny_Says

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#3  Edited By Vinny_Says

Mass effect is about the story not the shooting....but whatever floats your boat I guess. Hey maybe this has some crazy story to go along with it....

Teran

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By Teran

@Vinny_Says said:

Mass effect is about the story not the shooting....but whatever floats your boat I guess. Hey maybe this has some crazy story to go along with it....

Mass Effect is about what Bioware makes it about... unless you're god and can make your opinion reality. If that's the case then you're right!

genericHenle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By genericHenle

@Rawrz said:

How is the multiplayer?

The multiplayer is pretty fun. I can see it being a really enjoyable with 3 other friends. Once you level up and get more abilities that's when it really opens up.

PhatSeeJay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 17

#6  Edited By PhatSeeJay

I quite like the multiplayer. Played a few rounds yesterday and had a chance to fiddle a bit with weapon load out and powers. Primarily played as an Engineer.

What I didn't like

• "Have a box of random loot" - With a game where you get to build your character and upgrade armors and weapons, it's really weird that the source where you get items and buffs from is from boxes that deliver random items.
    • Quick Matching - Was lucky if I found a server with two players in already. 9 out of the 10 play sessions was with one other player. That is of course a case of optimization so I'm not too concerned about that

What I liked

• Weight management - The idea of weapon adding weight and affecting your powers could seem as a dumb thing, since an over-cumbered player will have extremely long recharge times. But I did realize - after equipping a heavy pistol only - that my powers now had a 200% recharge time, which meant that I could throw Incinerate and Overload every other second. That was incredibly fun to feel that the gun became more the tool to go with the powers rather than the necessity while your powers are recharging.
    • Playing with friends - It's a nice tactical feel when me and my friends tried to hold a room with enemies rushing in to ruin your day, especially when my Engineer was complemented with a biotic and and soldier class. We could tear through the enemy defenses.
    • Earning your credits - While I find the whole "buy a box and get random loot"-thing to be bad, I like that you actually have to do objectives to earn the credits to buy them. It's not enough to just murder enemies, you actually have to be effective with dealing with the objectives.
    Vinny_Says

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Vinny_Says

@Teran said:

@Vinny_Says said:

Mass Effect is about what Bioware makes it about... unless you're god and can make your opinion reality. If that's the case then you're right!

**to me** that make you feel better?

Also what's this about god's opinion being reality? The fuck are you talking about?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By 137

As long as Bioware doesn't DRAGONAGE2 Mass Effect 3 then I don't give a flying shit what they have added or changed. But if this becomes a glue eating mouth breather retard 1 button mash game I'm going to be pissed I'm upgrading my computer unnecessarily for this game.

joshthebear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By joshthebear

I've got absolutely zero interest in multiplayer Mass Effect. I come for the story and everything surrounding that; not so much the firefights and shooting.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e49e9175da37
    deactivated-5e49e9175da37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I really love the new sound of gunfire.  Pbt-pt-pt-pt-pt.

xdaknightx69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By xdaknightx69

so do u unlock anything or gain XP? or just credits ?

genericHenle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By genericHenle

@xdaknightx69 said:

so do u unlock anything or gain XP? or just credits ?

You gain XP which levels up your character and credits which you use to open crates which contain mostly one time use items and 1 "rare" item which ranges from weapon modifications to more characters.

xdaknightx69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By xdaknightx69

@genericHenle: cool, thanx

jetsetwillie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By jetsetwillie

@Vinny_Says said:

no, mass effect is a GAME its about playing it not watching it.

kishinfoulux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By kishinfoulux

Does anybody know if you can roll in multiplayer? Or is it limited to certain classes or something?

Avatar image for deranged_midget
    Deranged

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 5

#16  Edited By Deranged

@boshjoyer said:

I've got absolutely zero interest in multiplayer Mass Effect. I come for the story and everything surrounding that; not so much the firefights and shooting.

I agree and I was in the same boat as you, but the multiplayer isn't a bad addition even though the demo was a very old build.

sjosz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By sjosz

@kishinfoulux: You can roll in multiplayer with the right races. The bigger ones (Krogan, maybe Turian too) cannot roll, but that's offset by them having additional passive abilities.

Avatar image for willthemagicasian
    WilltheMagicAsian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kishinfoulux: I could roll as a soldier, I'm sure other classes probably can too.

Ursus_Veritas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 7

#19  Edited By Ursus_Veritas
    @genericHenle: Thanks for the videos! When you say 'other characters' are unlocked through the crates, does that mean Races? Can you only be a Human at the start then? If so, that's a bit of a disappointment. I just want a Drell Vanguard!
    Crixaliz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Crixaliz

Looks like a cool addition, I wish it was possible to play that in split-screen.

genericHenle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By genericHenle

@Ursus_Veritas: Yes at the start you can only be a human. Some classes can only be male/female. But yes you unlock the races in the random crates.

genericHenle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By genericHenle

Here's a gameplay video for Vanguard for anyone interested. I'm going to try to do every class and hopefully race. So stay tuned :D

octaslash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By octaslash

I've been playing as an Engineer with just the starting pistol. I've been stunning enemies with Overload and unloading them. For the shielded dudes I distract them with the drone and let the team have at their backs. Also, that pistol feels fantastic.

Not sure how I feel about the random loots boxes.

Ursus_Veritas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 7

#24  Edited By Ursus_Veritas
    @genericHenle: Thanks for responding! That seems super lame. Once you've unlocked a race, is that good for just *that* character? Lets say I have a level 5 vanguard who opens up a crate and it's like 'Yay, have an Asari!' - Does that mean I can only make that Level 5 Vanguard into an Asari or could I make a brand new Level 1 Asari Vanguard, or even an Asari Adept? If they're going to be dumb enough to put the races in this weird lottery system, it'll be even worse if you have to 'unlock' them for each Class/character you create. 

It's a shame, because the videos you've posted are fantastic and have got me really excited to play it... but having the customisation locked out and put behind randomised drops is a major bummer for me.
    kishinfoulux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By kishinfoulux

@Sjosz said:

@kishinfoulux: You can roll in multiplayer with the right races. The bigger ones (Krogan, maybe Turian too) cannot roll, but that's offset by them having additional passive abilities.

@WilltheMagicAsian said:

@kishinfoulux: I could roll as a soldier, I'm sure other classes probably can too.

Ah okay thanks. Guess Turien Sentinels can't roll. >_>

Teran

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#26  Edited By Teran

@boshjoyer said:

Posting in a threat about Mass Effect 3 multiplayer is a really odd way to express your zero interest in Mass Effect 3 multiplayer.

Etaber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Etaber

I played for 3-4 hours last night and had a blast. I got a vanguard up to level 10 and it's just like the singleplayer. High risk and high reward. Sometimes I would go on streaks where I was godlike - charge in, nova, shotgun to the face, heavy melee, charge again, etc. and just go through bad guys like a knife through butter. Other times I would charge in only to realize too late there were more than I thought or some engineer jerk had set up a turret and I would go down like a chump.

A couple of quick tips:

1. As I said above, turrets are no joke. When you see one do not charge it. :) I've seen entire teams (myself included, I was no smarter) get wiped out by a single turret.
    2. When you are first starting off make sure you specifically select bronze level challenge. The automatic match making is a bit wonky and will put a bunch of low levels in silver challenge if you let it. In the 3 or 4 matches before I realized this I never got beyond 2 minutes and never completed a wave.
    Sporkbane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Sporkbane

I think it's funny how many people hate on the multiplayer, consider the fact that it's optional and that once you've played through the game twice, you generally have seen all the single player has to offer.

I've been playing the multiplayer a lot and it's pretty fun. I hope they come out with some DLC that would allow you to have some sort of story based Co-op missions with a SWTOR style conversation going. That would be killer.

OP have you played the vanguard yet? They're stupid fun. The cooldown on biotic charge is so low you just get to zip around all over the place.

Edit: Oh you just uploaded a vanguard video. Nevermind! What are your thoughts on it? I love themmmm

Cootsnoop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Cootsnoop

@boshjoyer: Totally disagree with you.

But goddamn it, I love your avatar.

Pinworm45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Pinworm45

Multiplayer is actually incredibly fun. It gets MORE fun too, as you level up you start to roll enemies and can advance further and do harder difficulties. I'm suprised with how indepth they went. This shits all other every other games horde mode, simply because you can level up and get loot. Gives it a purpose. I want to stop playing but it's difficult, I don't want to be sick of it by the time the game is out but god it's fun.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.