Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Mass Effect 3

Game » consists of 19 releases. Released Mar 06, 2012

When Earth begins to fall in an ancient cycle of destruction, Commander Shepard must unite the forces of the galaxy to stop the Reapers in the final chapter of the original Mass Effect trilogy.

My Co-Op idea

jillsandwich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By jillsandwich

The day that co-op for Mass Effect 3 was announced, me and some friends spent a good few hours speculating about what exactly it would be.

We had one idea in particular that I'm beginning to find way more interesting than what the co-op actually is in that game(keep in mind I think all of that looks great anyway).

So, Cerberus now has near infinite resources thanks to the Reapers. It's goal is simple: Ensure that Commander Shepard doesn't stop the Reaper attack on Earth. Cerberus sends a survey team back to Lazarus Station to examine the remains for anything useful, which they do. They find complete DNA samples of Commander Shepard.

Cerberus sets about replicating the same process they used to revive Shepard, but Harbinger is quick to demand that they work faster- and that they make four clones of Shepard. Indoctrinated Cerberus scientists create the four cyborg/clone hybrid Shepard's in a little less than three months- but the clones are faulty, created even more haphazardly than the original Shepard clone. The clones memories are fragmented, and in some cases completely incorrect, and may be prone to disobeying the Reapers, but they are immediately put to work none the less.

The co-op campaign would focus on these four clones going about missions to preserve the interests of the Reapers, ranging from capturing The Illusive Man, attempting to assassinate Aria T'Loak to boarding the Normandy and attempting to kill Commander Shepard himself. As the campaign goes on, the poorly constructed clones begin to literally fall apart. They start loosing their grips on reality and physically malfunction.

I decided to stop thinking so damn much about this completely non-existent situation, but what do you guys think of all that? Do you think it would work with the obviously serious tone of Mass Effect 3?

insomniac22100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By insomniac22100

well from what i've heard of the multiplayer you take 1 of four character but you get to pick a species and a class and you go out on mission that are benificial to Shepard's missions. like you and your 4 buddies go out to say Sur'kesh to retrive data on the genophage process things like that but now that i've heard your idea that sounded pretty awesome.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.