Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Mass Effect 3

Game » consists of 19 releases. Released Mar 06, 2012

When Earth begins to fall in an ancient cycle of destruction, Commander Shepard must unite the forces of the galaxy to stop the Reapers in the final chapter of the original Mass Effect trilogy.

Need some help with a mission

InternetCrab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By InternetCrab

So guys, im currently playing the shit out of ME3, and i have come to a certain mission in Horizon. If anyone remembers this mission, you come to a big hall that seems to be peaceful at first until you are approached with a brute. Then 2 brutes. Then 3 brutes. And then... a Banshee. I was so pissed when i probably died about 10 times, then i decided to turn to the community. My squad is Kaidan and Liara, i try to use combos on the fucks but they do almost no damage. I have upgraded them to level 3 or more, but the spells still suck against them. My weapon layout is:

M-27 Schmitar I - Shotgun

Phaeston I - Assault Rifle

M-12 Locust I - Submachine Gun

M-98 Widow I - Sniper Rifle

M-3 Predator I - Pistol (forgot to change layout on this one :( )

Any tips on how to beat the bastards? Really annoying.

Hackett out.

mowgers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By mowgers

Are you playing a soldier? If not, lose all but the essential weapons to minimize power recharge times. Second, you should really have upgraded those guns by now.... do you have an earlier save where you can play with your loadout a bit?

dr_mantas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#3  Edited By dr_mantas

What class and difficulty are you playing?

InternetCrab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By InternetCrab

@Mowgers said:

Are you playing a soldier? If not, lose all but the essential weapons to minimize power recharge times. Second, you should really have upgraded those guns by now.... do you have an earlier save where you can play with your loadout a bit?

Playing a soldier right now. And...how do you upgrade weapons anyway? :P Used to the old Mass Effect....

MildMolasses

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 16

#5  Edited By MildMolasses

You buy the upgrades, either from stores on the citadel or from the requisition terminal on the normandy

mowgers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#6  Edited By mowgers

@InternetCrab: Weapon upgrades, i.e. Predator I to Predator II are bought on the Normandy from a terminal to the left of the procurement interface, near the upgrade bench. Guns go up to mark V, and improve damage, accuracy and magazine capacity as they go

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#7  Edited By TheHT

Once there were 4 brutes I said "fuck this shit" and just activated the drums or whatever. Just activate the drums. Or are they gongs? Whatever it is, you can just ignore the brutes.

oh fuck i missed the banshee part. ok, i don't know what part you're talking about, but focus on the banshee and avoid the brutes. once she's down focus on one brute at a time. any smaller enemies can be put in stasis by liara.

as a solider, i think it's carnage that does a lot of damage to armor. warp also does moderate damage on armor. i have no idea what powers kaiden has, but iirc he's a biotic. so warp and throw for explosions should do good damange on their armor. the hardest part will probably be avoiding the brutes to take down the banshee's barrier. i suppose you can just pause a lot to get a look at your surroundings and decide where to move.

andriv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By andriv

@TheHT said:

Once there were 4 brutes I said "fuck this shit" and just activated the drums or whatever. Just activate the drums. Or are they gongs? Whatever it is, you can just ignore the brutes.

this, you can ignore them all

Inodril

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Inodril

@andriv said:

@TheHT said:

this, you can ignore them all

Or if you read the OP a little closer:@InternetCrab said:

So guys, im currently playing the shit out of ME3, and i have come to a certain mission in Horizon. If anyone remembers this mission, you come to a big hall that seems to be peaceful at first until you are approached with a brute. Then 2 brutes. Then 3 brutes. And then... a Banshee. I was so pissed when i probably died about 10 times, then i decided to turn to the community. My squad is Kaidan and Liara, i try to use combos on the fucks but they do almost no damage. I have upgraded them to level 3 or more, but the spells still suck against them. My weapon layout is:

M-27 Schmitar I - Shotgun

Phaeston I - Assault Rifle

M-12 Locust I - Submachine Gun

M-98 Widow I - Sniper Rifle

M-3 Predator I - Pistol (forgot to change layout on this one :( )

Any tips on how to beat the bastards? Really annoying.

Hackett out.

There's no running on this one. First thing to note, the brutes and banshees have a lot of armor. Of the guns you've listed the widow is your best bet on punching through the armor especially combined with adrenaline rush for the damage boost. You could also use adrenaline rush as a sort of "oh shit" button and run away from brutes or the banshee if they get to close, your call on that. Biotic explosions are also really good but the damage they do is based on the rank of the spells used to setup and detonate the explosion. So if either of your biotics are low leveled the damage won't be that great. In terms of fighting these guys I had an infiltrator with garrus and liara when I was there on insanity but the same strategy should still work for you. Wipe out the brutes ASAP, those are the ones that are more dangerous than the banshee since they can quickly charge you and stagger you. While you're taking out the brutes have your team mates destroy the banshee's barrier, your widow is terrible at barrier damage compared to other faster firing weapons or biotic explosions. Then with the brutes gone you can easily run away from the banshee and slowly take it down. If this fails I recommend you follow Mowger's earlier advice and upgrade your primary weapons and get your cooldowns to a reasonable value.

InternetCrab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By InternetCrab

Thanks for the tips guys! I will start upgrading my weapons and thanks to Inodrils strategy, i completed the mission! Thanks duders!

Hackett out.

glyn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By glyn

Become an engineer!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.