Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Mass Effect 3

Game » consists of 19 releases. Released Mar 06, 2012

When Earth begins to fall in an ancient cycle of destruction, Commander Shepard must unite the forces of the galaxy to stop the Reapers in the final chapter of the original Mass Effect trilogy.

No Online Pass, will Datapad app still work in game?

Nigglenummy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By Nigglenummy

I have ME3 out on Gamefly, so no Online Pass. I'm OK with that, but it seems that getting the best ending is indeed impossible (or nearly) without some kind of bump to Galactic Readiness. I downloaded the Datapad app, and I'm pretty sure I have the accounts synced up right, but my Galaxy at War map still says "Offline" in the game. Does anyone know if I have to activate an online pass to get the Datapad to link up? Or should it work fine without it?

Towers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Towers

Why didn't you just put your key into Origin and download and install it there?

Nigglenummy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By Nigglenummy

What do you mean? I only have the two discs and the iOS app, no key or code. I just want to know if the app will still work and sync with my game without having to buy and use an Online Pass. Otherwise, it's impossible to get a perfect ending with a used version of the game unless you spend more money.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.