Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Mass Effect 3

Game » consists of 19 releases. Released Mar 06, 2012

When Earth begins to fall in an ancient cycle of destruction, Commander Shepard must unite the forces of the galaxy to stop the Reapers in the final chapter of the original Mass Effect trilogy.

Options for past game choices?

StingingVelvet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By StingingVelvet

Hey all,

I'm a PC gamer who is thinking of "going console" again. I played ME and ME2 on PC and thus that is where my saved games are at. If I get the Xbox version of ME3 does it allow you to choose your previous actions so I can emulate my saved games?

Thanks.

Marz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 11

#2  Edited By Marz

no.

you can try and hack a save onto a usb drive but there is no significant story choices you can make during the character creation process. you can choose whether multiple people died, kaiden died, or ashley died. that's about it.

StingingVelvet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By StingingVelvet

I wonder if its worth blowing through the first two games again, they can be beaten really fast if you hurry.

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4  Edited By NTM

If you're able to play the third on PC like the other two, why would you want to switch? Or is that just the thing? You can't?

DJ_EuroGhost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By DJ_EuroGhost

@StingingVelvet said:

I wonder if its worth blowing through the first two games again, they can be beaten really fast if you hurry.

Depends on how many times you went through the first two games I guess, I had a major boner for achievements around the time ME1 came out, so for me, playing the first game again would be death (those ally achievements are so horrible).

Any particular reason for wanting to go console? Seems like playing ME3 on the pc would be much less of a hassle.

StingingVelvet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By StingingVelvet

@DudeOlav said:

Any particular reason for wanting to go console? Seems like playing ME3 on the pc would be much less of a hassle.

I was a console gamer most of my life but switched to PC a few years ago. I'm just kind of tired of it and want to go "home." I would be selling my GPU and some other stuff to help buy a stack a games, so I wouldn't be able to play the PC version anymore.

Mnemoidian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 26

#7  Edited By Mnemoidian
    napalm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By napalm
    @StingingVelvet said:

You can download the motion comic created for Mass Effect 2 that lets you choose all of the major decisions in Mass Effect if you want to save yourself fifteen hours. I don't find it optimal since you miss out on a lot of little stuff, and there are some important, non-story decisions that you can't make.
    StingingVelvet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By StingingVelvet

@Mnemoidian said:

There's supposedly a method of moving a PC save over to the Xbox?

edit: here, this page should lead you to the right info: http://www.masseffectsaves.com/xbox.php

Thanks for this, very exciting stuff.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.