Please wait for reviews.

#1 Edited by LordXavierBritish (6320 posts) -

Guys the reviews are out.

All of this is irrelevant the reviews are out.
#2 Edited by big_jon (5710 posts) -

Cool story?

Demo seemed cool, I will buy it, if it's bad I'll think twice about the next purchase from Bioware, I want to see this story through.

I mean, I could not believe when people were cool with this game shipping on a two year cycle, so maybe it is bad, but I'll judge for myself.

#3 Posted by Masha2932 (1241 posts) -

?

#4 Posted by Irvandus (2827 posts) -

Nah.

#5 Posted by FluxWaveZ (19308 posts) -

No.

#6 Posted by CrossTheAtlantic (1145 posts) -

Look, each of us has got to be willing to buy. Anything less, and we're already dead.

#7 Posted by AlexW00d (6198 posts) -

You're usually pretty good at trolling, and because of that, I am willing to believe you on this, because to troll about this would be overplayed and boring.

Thankfully I don't care about Mass Effect 3 anyway.

#8 Posted by ZimboDK (848 posts) -

Eh, I'll buy it day one. Have to finish that story. That said, this will be the last Bioware game I'll buy before I've read any reviews. I don't particularly like what they're doing anymore.

#9 Posted by Joeybagad0nutz (1438 posts) -

This scares me.

#10 Posted by Redbullet685 (6029 posts) -

@Masha2932 said:

?

#11 Posted by Phatmac (5723 posts) -

It's a video game.. get over it. Even if it doesn't live up to whatever high regards you held it too, I'm sure it'll be good at best. I think people have expected the second coming of Christ with Mass Effect 3's release. This is coming from someone that played ME2 4 times. Relax, please. I just want it to be released so people can stop worrying about a video game and move on with their lives. Don't take this as a get a life response to this, I just haven't seen what you're talking about. If it is as bad as you say than I'll disappointed, but still there is no reason for this. It is just a video game. We'll see if it sucks or not, I just don't get why people are spending so much time caring about a video game to this extent.

#12 Posted by scarace360 (4828 posts) -

I beat the game hes right at least wait until Monday at midnight when reviews hit probably.

#13 Posted by Mr_Skeleton (5138 posts) -

I preordered it about six months ago, so no.

#14 Posted by Ghostiet (5228 posts) -

He's kinda right - I watched boatloads of these streams and it doesn't look good.

I'm still going to play it and probably enjoy it, but I'm cautious.

#15 Posted by UitDeToekomst (705 posts) -

believe it or not, i am willing to take a chance on the finale in a series i have enjoyed despite what you claim to have gleaned from watching well less than a fifth of the game.

#16 Posted by Gabriel (4055 posts) -

So Street Fighter X Tekken then.

#17 Posted by solidwolf52 (300 posts) -

I don't think watching someone else play is enough of a reason to hate on the game. I have played the entire series and I'll be damned if I skip this game. I enjoyed the demo well enough and I want to see the story through.

Most of these complaints seem invalid. Fighting nothing but Cerberus and husks? In 2 you fought nothing but husks, collectors and generic mercs. Mass Effect AI has always been bad. And the majority of new release games have some scripting errors at some point.

Do i think this will be as good as 2? Probably not, but me and Shepard are gonna save the galaxy dammit!

#18 Posted by CrossTheAtlantic (1145 posts) -

Also, I have a feeling the fan response to this is going to be like the Lost ending of video games.

And it will be glorious.

#19 Posted by Klei (1768 posts) -

Well, TC, you named everything that actually represents the ME series. An overhyped, streamlined corridor shooter with some RPG twists there and there. Although some characters are very cool, like Mordin and Jack, the rest are pretty stereotyped and average. Bad gunplay ( look at the camera angle when you shoot, this is exactely how NOT to make a TPS ), bad character movement, clunky cover mechanics and so on. Is it going to be any different? 'Course not, people don't care about this unless there's lasers, tit-busting wetsuits and pizza.

There isn't pizza, I lied.

#20 Posted by theguy (796 posts) -

I want to believe

#21 Posted by NoobSauceG7 (1236 posts) -

I played the demo and enjoyed it and even if they shipped Mass Effect 2.5 (which I don't think it will be), I will be fine with that. There are plenty of games i bought and regretted, but from the amount I have played the demo (like 10 hours on the multiplayer) I am sure that I will love this game.

#22 Posted by Clinkz (1118 posts) -

@CrossTheAtlantic said:

Also, I have a feeling the fan response to this is going to be like the Lost ending of video games.

And it will be glorious.

I'm just going to sit back and watch everything hit the fan with a huge grin on my face.

#23 Posted by Gizmo (5389 posts) -

Mass Effect 1 was repetitive and boring, so I am not suprised at this. Not sure why so many people jerk-off over the Mass Effect franchise, just an mediocre sci-fi RPG to me.

#24 Posted by TaliciaDragonsong (8698 posts) -

I have ordered it and I will finish the fight, like I also vowed to order and play SWTOR and DA2.

I regret DA2, I liked SWTOR (its just not really a MMO I'd play for more then the first time) and I have mixed expectations about ME3.

But so help me god, if this turns out to be as bad as you say it is, as or even worse than DA2, then I will personally freak the fuck out and boycot the ever living madness out of anything Bioware or EA ever makes after this.

If they dare to wreck this franchise I will be very disappointed.

#25 Posted by murisan (1119 posts) -

Wasn't gonna buy it anyway. They dun' goofed hard with this.

#26 Posted by Veektarius (4653 posts) -

There are two reviews out at this point - both are 9+ ish (the German one is weird, as you know), and IGN's 'review in progress' makes it clear that their review will be glowing. So, while it's far from established that the game will arrive to universal acclaim, I think that the idea that the reviews will be low enough to change anyone's mind is unrealistic.

#27 Posted by AngelN7 (2970 posts) -

Oh my people hate Mass Effect like this? , like really hate it like it did something bad to you or something?....

Also No... I want to play the game , I Love Mass Effect 2 and the demo of 3 just made even more excited to play it , why should I even consdier wating for someone else's opinion to tell me whether or not to play a game that I really want to play? ugh I hate bandwagons.

#28 Posted by CrossTheAtlantic (1145 posts) -

@Clinkz said:

@CrossTheAtlantic said:

And it will be glorious.

I'm just going to sit back and watch everything hit the fan with a huge grin on my face.

Oh definitely my plan. I've already looked at the Bioware forums a bit which are exploding. Cannot wait for this game to fully release. I won't be able to play it until the end of the semester anyways, but I have a feeling the boards will keep me plenty entertained.

Especially if they really did pull a Lost and end it with a big dues ex machina that just creates more questions than answers.
#29 Edited by Hockeymask27 (3683 posts) -

Sadly, no matter how bad it is I must finish my Shepard's fight at all costs.

#30 Posted by Hailinel (23990 posts) -

I am predicting that reviewers everywhere will jizz in their pants over this game. Even the female reviewers. Don't ask me how. That is not important.

What is important is that I feel that this will be one of those games where, if this is indeed a Dragon Age II-style travesty or worse, the critical consensus will not match up to the consensus of the community at large. If this is Dragon Age II all over again, forums like this one are going to turn into an ungodly shitstorm.

#31 Posted by Master_Funk (728 posts) -

The one good thing about living in europe for games is that I can read all the reviews and still pre-order/cancel pre-order before it comes out. I hope what you are saying is not true , though I still have to play it for closures sake.

#32 Edited by Dany (7887 posts) -

You have been on a bent to get people to cancel and not buy this game. Why not let the product speak for itself and people form their own opinions. Some fella on the internet is not gonna sway me either way from getting this game nor is a fact dump of the ending.

#33 Posted by Deusx (1903 posts) -

I've heard at least 10 different people from different places and backgrounds who saw the stream. They all said to me that it REALLY looked like SHIT... So I'm with you on this one. Bioware is going to face lots of angry fans after this one.

#34 Posted by LordXavierBritish (6320 posts) -
@Dany said:

You have been on a bent to get people to cancel and not buy this game. Why not let the product speak for itself and people form their own opinions. Some fella on the internet is not gonna sway me either way from getting this game nor is s fact dump of the ending.

At this point reviews for this game are kind of pointless to me becuase I know I am getting it.

Because people shouldn't be allowed to make millions of dollars for putting out lazy, uninspired garbage while talented developers who actually care enough to try wallow in obscurity.
#35 Posted by Maystack (902 posts) -

So wait, if you've watched a stream and you don't think it's good, why are you telling us to wait for reviews? So if the game gets fantastic reviews, you'll be all "Oh, ya know what, I felt vehemently about how bad this was, but these guys say it's good so go for it"?

#36 Posted by GunslingerPanda (4646 posts) -

Just do what I do and buy nothing but indie games off steam. Cheaper and less disappointing.

Anyway, who the fuck has high hopes for this after the piece of shit that was ME2?

#37 Posted by Tomkang (251 posts) -

@LordXavierBritish said:

@Dany said:

You have been on a bent to get people to cancel and not buy this game. Why not let the product speak for itself and people form their own opinions. Some fella on the internet is not gonna sway me either way from getting this game nor is s fact dump of the ending.

At this point reviews for this game are kind of pointless to me becuase I know I am getting it.

Because people shouldn't be allowed to make millions of dollars for putting out lazy, uninspired garbage while talented developers who actually care enough to try wallow in obscurity.

Can you call up a shit storm in september when Call of Duty 9 comes out?

#38 Posted by FreakAche (2950 posts) -

Everything I've seen about this game seems tonally consistent with ME2 , which I thought was great. I will be buying this game. I think a lot of people decided a long time ago that they would hate on everything BioWare did post-EA buyout simply because they didn't want to admit that they liked something that EA was involved in.

#39 Posted by JasonR86 (9611 posts) -

Hyperbole.

#40 Posted by Floppypants (798 posts) -

I'm buying six copies, three each for two different platforms. The 360 CE, the PC DDE, and standard editions for PC and 360 from Origin and GameStop so I don't miss the exclusive DLC items. Though I intend on returning my GameStop and Origin copies after I redeem their preorder DLC, at some point this week I'll possess six copies of ME3.

I'm going to also buy the Mass Effect: Infiltrator iPad game whenever that comes out.

I'm debating how many of the N7-branded Razer peripherals I want to buy. I'm sold on the $200 headphones, but the keyboard and mouse look snazzy too.

#41 Edited by LordXavierBritish (6320 posts) -
@Maystack said:

So wait, if you've watched a stream and you don't think it's good, why are you telling us to wait for reviews? So if the game gets fantastic reviews, you'll be all "Oh, ya know what, I felt vehemently about how bad this was, but these guys say it's good so go for it"?

Because I didn't see the entire game and I'm not ignorant enough to think that I can definitively say ME3 is completely dog shit without seeing it all.
#42 Posted by DonChipotle (2698 posts) -

I am not exactly excited for the game, but I kind of can't trust anyone with a Katawa Shoujo avatar.

#43 Posted by potatomash3r (126 posts) -

Well you've convinced me at least.

I was on the fence about ME3, due to the DLC crap and mildly entertaining demo. Waiting a few days after release isn't such a big deal to me.

#44 Posted by Dany (7887 posts) -

@LordXavierBritish said:

@Dany said:

@JasonR86 said:

Hyperbole.

#45 Posted by Bobstar (310 posts) -

@Maystack said:

No, because he knows that he can't outright just say "don't buy this shit". As it has been mentioned before, a dude writing on the internet isn't gonna force people to cancel their pre-orders, reviews might though,

#46 Edited by Chaser324 (6349 posts) -

@Hockeymask27 said:

Sadly, no matter how bad it is I must finish my Shepard's fight at all costs.

Yup. Amazon pre-order has been queued up for many months, and I don't have any plans to cancel it.

If I get burned like with DA2, then so be it. I'm in no matter what at this point.

#47 Posted by Spoonman671 (4568 posts) -

I just pre-ordered seven copies and I don't even like these games.  Don't plan on playing any of them either.

#48 Posted by Hailinel (23990 posts) -

@DonChipotle said:

I am not exactly excited for the game, but I kind of can't trust anyone with a Katawa Shoujo avatar.

I hope you're not serious.

#49 Posted by DonChipotle (2698 posts) -

@Hailinel said:

@DonChipotle said:

I hope you're not serious.

About which part?

#50 Posted by UlquioKani (1032 posts) -

There is a difference between watching someone play a game and actually playing it. I cannot watch someone play Mass Effect but I love the crap out of those games. Still, there is a lot of anger surrounding this game so I am waiting for reviews from my trusted sites to tell me what they think. I guess it's a plus point of living in Europe. I will end up buying it anyway so I guess it doesn't matter

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.