Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Mass Effect 3

Game » consists of 19 releases. Released Mar 06, 2012

When Earth begins to fall in an ancient cycle of destruction, Commander Shepard must unite the forces of the galaxy to stop the Reapers in the final chapter of the original Mass Effect trilogy.

Races in Multiplayer

Divina_Rex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Divina_Rex

Has anyone that has unlocked a new race in multiplayer actually feel that they play entirely different from a human other than powers? I know the Krogan definitely play differently; it's totally viable for a Krogan to run around just meleeing people. It just seems, to me, that other races are pretty much humans with different models and they probably play pretty much the same as humans.

syzygyeolith

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By syzygyeolith

I was reading the first half of this wondering why the hell they'd bring back the Mako, and why they make us drive around in them to a finish line competitively.

N7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By N7

I am using the Asari and it's pretty different. You've got crazy biotic powers and stuff. It's pretty fun. Very strategic.

Pinworm45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By Pinworm45

Each "race" gets 3 abilities for their class, so the non-human races are basically subclasses. It doesn't DRASTICALLY change the game, but you do get a different selection of Abilities to use.

mikemcn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

#5  Edited By mikemcn

Hanarr Assault Class? Elcor Sniper? Why aren't they in the demo?

MooseyMcMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#6  Edited By MooseyMcMan

@syzygyeolith said:

I was reading the first half of this wondering why the hell they'd bring back the Mako, and why they make us drive around in them to a finish line competitively.

Now this game is ruined for me! I never would have thought of that, but now I can think of nothing but it!

Well, maybe I'm exaggerating a bit. The rest of the game seems pretty cool.

Divina_Rex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#7  Edited By Divina_Rex

@Pinworm45 said:

Each "race" gets 3 abilities for their class, so the non-human races are basically subclasses. It doesn't DRASTICALLY change the game, but you do get a different selection of Abilities to use.

I don't mean that. I mean do they play differently besides abilities. For example, as a Krogan one can run around meleeing Centurions and killing them in 2 hits. They also have the Blood Rage that drastically reduces damage taken and increases damage done. They also can't roll but they run significantly faster. I can't do that as a human. What I'm asking is if the people playing as the same class but a different race has seen drastic differences between races besides powers.

VooDooPC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#8  Edited By VooDooPC

I have around 600ish health and shields on my human but 600ish health and around 1000 shields on my Turian. That's the only difference I've noticed with it so far.

punisherkaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#9  Edited By punisherkaos

u can play as quarien's right? whats their stats like?

PhatSeeJay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 17

#10  Edited By PhatSeeJay

@syzygyeolith said:

I'd play that if you get to shoot the competitors.

DeadDorf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#11  Edited By DeadDorf

The base stats, powers, and class upgrade path (Alliance Training for humans) are all different. It makes a significant change on every class/race combo.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.