Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Mass Effect 3

Game » consists of 19 releases. Released Mar 06, 2012

When Earth begins to fall in an ancient cycle of destruction, Commander Shepard must unite the forces of the galaxy to stop the Reapers in the final chapter of the original Mass Effect trilogy.

Reaper Foghorn

Avatar image for deactivated-6610658acf7f5
    deactivated-6610658acf7f5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

When I hear the Reapers blast their menacing foghorns, I think back to Spielberg's War of the Worlds. Was the Spielberg movie the first work to associate such a chilling sound with hulking, unstoppable death?

MooseyMcMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#2  Edited By MooseyMcMan

Here's a way better sound:

To give an honest reply to this thread, I don't know. I just think that Spielberg War of the Worlds movie is straight up bad. The 50s one is way better (even if it has little in common with the book).

Avatar image for the_laughing_man
    The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3  Edited By The_Laughing_Man
    @MooseyMcMan said:

Here's a way better sound:

To give an honest reply to this thread, I don't know. I just think that Spielberg War of the Worlds movie is straight up bad. The 50s one is way better (even if it has little in common with the book).

Best...effects...ever 
    TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#4  Edited By TheHT

@MooseyMcMan: Man, I really liked that scene when I was a kid.

Garris

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Garris

heres a good vid on the reaper sound starring my cous its awesome

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#6  Edited By Yummylee

I remember almost leaping out of my skin when I first head it in the galaxy map. It grew tiresome quickly, though, because of how easy it is to alert them. The worst part is when I've found something on the map, but the Reapers are too close so I leave *BWAAAARG*, enter again but oh no! I'm on the other side of the damn cluster *BWAAAAAARG*, I'll try again, nope not quite there *BWAAAAARG* and so on until I'm finally positioned close enough. Man... for as boring as scanning the galaxy was in ME2, it still wasn't as ridiculous and unnecessary as it is in ME3.

Like Jeff said, there's not even any consequence. If they should catch you (and I love how when you enter into a planet, the game carries on for a few miliseconds sometimes giving the Reapers enough time to nab ya) you die, resume and then you're literally right back where you left. Utterly pointless. They should of just gone back to how it was in the original. Even in ME2, I thought the whole controlling the Normandy and having to refuel was pointless as well.

Avatar image for tim_the_corsair
    tim_the_corsair

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#7  Edited By tim_the_corsair
    @Abyssfull

I remember almost leaping out of my skin when I first head it in the galaxy map. It grew tiresome quickly, though, because of how easy it is to alert them. The worst part is when I've found something on the map, but the Reapers are too close so I leave *BWAAAARG*, enter again but oh no! I'm on the other side of the damn cluster *BWAAAAAARG*, I'll try again, nope not quite there *BWAAAAARG* and so on until I'm finally position close enough. Man... for as boring as it was in ME2, it still wasn't as ridiculous and unnecessary as it is in ME3.

Oh that was the Reapers? I just assumed Traynor was watching Inception
    Samaritan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#8  Edited By Samaritan

@Abyssfull said:

I remember almost leaping out of my skin when I first head it in the galaxy map.

Yep; while that whole system is pretty dumb, the first time a pack of Reapers shows up, it's fucking nerve-racking! It doesn't help that I was wearing headphones at the time, Reapers are loud!

jeanluc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 13

#9  Edited By jeanluc  Staff

@MooseyMcMan said:

I just think that Spielberg War of the Worlds movie is straight up bad.

I remember at the time thinking it was ok, but I tried to watch it again last year and I just couldn't do it.

Garris

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Garris
    @Garris
    www.youtube.com/watch?v=xTRQi-r...
    Garris

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Garris

Third times a charm stupid iPhone http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?client=mv-google&v;=xTRQi-r_oig&rdm;=4q0yw9pu2

big_jon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 18

#12  Edited By big_jon
    Rabid619

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Rabid619

The Reaper noise scares the bejeezus out of me, personally. It's now added to sounds that make me cower like a child alongside the tripod sound from War of the Worlds (recent one), and the sound of an air raid siren. Damn horns!

Hadoken101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#14  Edited By Hadoken101

Everytime I hear the reaper sound on the Galaxy map, all I can hear is Scatta by Skrillex >.>

For comparison: Scatta (0:40 for what I'm referring to)

Reaper Horn:

What I'm saying is that, Reapers just came to earth to find more dubstep.

ShadyPingu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By ShadyPingu
    THIS HURTS YOU
    THIS HURTS YOU

I'm sorry. I'll let myself out.

Avatar image for deactivated-6610658acf7f5
    deactivated-6610658acf7f5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Abyssfull said:

The worst part is when I've found something on the map, but the Reapers are too close so I leave *BWAAAARG*, enter again but oh no! I'm on the other side of the damn cluster *BWAAAAAARG*, I'll try again, nope not quite there *BWAAAAARG* and so on until I'm finally positioned close enough.

It took me a while to figure this out, but you can actually control where you appear in the system map by pointing your ship in the proper direction while on the "nebula" map.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.