Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Mass Effect 3

Game » consists of 19 releases. Released Mar 06, 2012

When Earth begins to fall in an ancient cycle of destruction, Commander Shepard must unite the forces of the galaxy to stop the Reapers in the final chapter of the original Mass Effect trilogy.

Remember the generic marine in the Bioware teaser?

Doctorchimp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By Doctorchimp

I don't think anybody's said it and I was just thinking about it.

But if your Shepard didn't make it couldn't that marine with the sniper have been the new character players would take control of? 

I'm just speculating but judging from the leaked EA pre-order screen for Mass Effect 3, couldn't the game start with Earth getting destroyed and if you don't have Shepard you start off on Earth surviving the attack. 

Kind of like how you picked how Shepard's background was in the first game, you would dictate the character's backstory on what you do in the first hour or so of gameplay. 

EDIT: Nevermind...

ReyGitano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 10

#2  Edited By ReyGitano

I thought Bioware said that if Shepherd dies in your game you won't be able to carry that save over.

Doctorchimp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Doctorchimp
    @SlashseveN303: Oh okay...wow. Pointless topic is pointless.

I was under the impression if your character dies they had a new one.
    Three0neFive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By Three0neFive

The death storyline isn't canon.

Which really makes me dislike ME2 even more thamn I did already. I mean, the big thing for ME2 was "OH SHIT YO, YOU CAN DIE AND IT WILL MAYBE POSSIBLY EFFECT THE STORY WINK WINK NUDGE NUDGE"

ReyGitano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 10

#5  Edited By ReyGitano

I feel like I've destroyed a young boy's dream.

Doctorchimp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Doctorchimp
    @SlashseveN303: Not really, I was going to play Mass Effect 3 with my Shepard anyway. My head was definitely spinning with all the story divergences though that I thought Bioware was going to push out. I guess instead of that they're going to implement multiplayer...
    Jedted

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

#7  Edited By Jedted
    @Three0neFive said:
    "The death storyline isn't canon.  Which really makes me dislike ME2 even more thamn I did already. I mean, the big thing for ME2 was "OH SHIT YO, YOU CAN DIE AND IT WILL MAYBE POSSIBLY EFFECT THE STORY WINK WINK NUDGE NUDGE" "

If some of party dies then that DOES carry over into ME3.  If Shepard dies then that's end of the story right there, can't have the ME trilogy without Shepard. :) 
    benpack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 14

#8  Edited By benpack
    @Jedted said:
    " @Three0neFive said:
    "The death storyline isn't canon.  Which really makes me dislike ME2 even more thamn I did already. I mean, the big thing for ME2 was "OH SHIT YO, YOU CAN DIE AND IT WILL MAYBE POSSIBLY EFFECT THE STORY WINK WINK NUDGE NUDGE" "
    If some of party dies then that DOES carry over into ME3.  If Shepard dies then that's end of the story right there, can't have the ME trilogy without Shepard. :)  "
    Right they never said before the game that "you could die and then in ME3 shit will be all crazy." They just said that you could die. And you can, if you somehow really messed things up.
    Fenrisulfr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#9  Edited By Fenrisulfr

Developers have been known to lie about stuff in their games before.  So there's the possibility that the character you see may be the one you control. 

This is pure speculation though, and a lot of it.  Face it, that'd be the perfect point in the series where you'd go, "Oh shit!"

Mrnitropb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 4

#10  Edited By Mrnitropb
    @Fenrisulfr said:
    " Developers have been known to lie about stuff in their games before.  So there's the possibility that the character you see may be the one you control.  This is pure speculation though, and a lot of it.  Face it, that'd be the perfect point in the series where you'd go, "Oh shit!" "
    I've said it before, but if they pull a Raiden on us, I'll start knifing dudes. 
    Ferginator4k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 57

User Lists: 12

#11  Edited By Ferginator4k

I dont think you will play as that Marine but i think its possible he could end up as a party member.

Kierkegaard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#12  Edited By Kierkegaard

Heh, I thought this title was going to be an ironic jab and how bioware has introduced yet another shave-headed buff male that looks the same as every other version of that archetype. Also, you're idea is way better than what they'll end up doing. 

Jimbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#13  Edited By Jimbo

You can play as 'That Marine' in Crysis: Warhead if you really want to.  Cor blimey, Guv'nor!  Aliens!

Mars_Cleric

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#14  Edited By Mars_Cleric

I thought you were going to say he would be one of the companion characters 
    well...I think he might be
    PhatSeeJay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 17

#15  Edited By PhatSeeJay
    @Mars_Cleric said:
    " I thought you were going to say he would be one of the companion characters well...I think he might be "
    That's pretty much a given when you look at the first teaser they put out for Mass Effect 2 with Legion.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.