Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Mass Effect 3

Game » consists of 19 releases. Released Mar 06, 2012

When Earth begins to fall in an ancient cycle of destruction, Commander Shepard must unite the forces of the galaxy to stop the Reapers in the final chapter of the original Mass Effect trilogy.

Rendered female Shepard??

• 68 results
    Jedted

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

#51  Edited By Jedted

I always thought the default FemShep used Jennifer Hale's likeness.  It looks somewhat like her. 
    CenturionCajun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 1

#52  Edited By CenturionCajun

I think they should keep default female Shepard the way she is simply because its been the same for the past two games. If you want to change her appearance then just customize it. 

As for which Shepard I prefer it's male all the way. Mass Effect is very much Shepard's story and to me it's very clear that Bioware considers the default male Shepard as the "canon" Shepard. Of course I even had a problem changing the background because I felt it would be going against the story. Hale does a great job but I think Meer is just as good. Having spent time in the military he sounds just like most of the soldiers I met while I was in. Sure, he might not show the greatest range of emotion at times but people in real life have trouble with that.

Hamst3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 2

#53  Edited By Hamst3r
    @FoxMulder said:

"   

"

Perfect.

Dudeshep is terrible. Every line is delivered flat. Elcor are more capable of expression emotion.
    mr_faraday

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#54  Edited By mr_faraday

I prefer male shepard, he sounds more like what the character should sound. Female shepard sounds weird, she sounds like shes out of place or something.
    BeachThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 30

#55  Edited By BeachThunder
    @Hamst3r said:

" @FoxMulder said:

"   

"
    Perfect.  Dudeshep is terrible. Every line is delivered flat. Elcor are more capable of expression emotion. "
    Agreement: There were a few places that Hale slipped up in that video, but almost every line by Meer sounded like he was either reading or just didn't give a shit about the lines he was delivering :(
    Geno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 3

#56  Edited By Geno
    @FoxMulder said:

"   

"
    Thank you, about time. Ugly Meer face with terrible Meer voice acting. Whoever played dudeshep lost out. 
    alexanderhc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By alexanderhc

I still think Legion wins!

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#58  Edited By Yummylee
    @Hamst3r: @Geno: @BeachThunder:  
    God bless you, every one.
    Avatar image for taliciadragonsong
    TaliciaDragonsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

@ThreeMegabytes said:
    " @TaliciaDragonsong said:
    " My Femshep turned out amazing, she looks better then the default male to me in terms of realism. "
    And in terms of looks and fashion? "
    She always wears the hottest and hippest new armor plates for sure!
    Brendan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#60  Edited By Brendan

Eh, Femshep puts in more effort but doesn't sound natural.  Meer's lines roll off the tongue better.

fearthephins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#61  Edited By fearthephins

I love how this topic broke off into a argument between who's a better voice actor for Shepard.

Anywho, it would have been nice for them to have at least one advertisement that features femshep but I wouldn't count on it. The majority of their fans are male and yes there's enough of us female fans but there's no "need" to have a whole other commercial or whatever featuring femshep. They have their "image" for Shepard for their advertisements and that's how they are going to keep.

Oh and for the other debate.... Hale does a way better job then Meer. I played as a female and I watched my brother play as a male and I'm sorry ... Meer is very very dry and completely monotonous. He shows no emotions whatsoever. Every time Shepard makes a speech to the crew, Meer is absolutely awful while Hale is bursting with emotion (when needed) and is much better at portraying Shepard. But whatever...we all have our own opinions.

lclay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By lclay
    @General_D23 said:
    " @FoxMulder said:

"  (video)

"
    Yeah...in the end, I think I prefer male Shepard as paragon and female Shepard as renegade. I think that is where they are both strongest. "
    I have to agree with this. Even though I do think Hale is the better voice actor. I played all the way through 1 + 2 with a custom male Shepard being as much a Paragon as I could and I think Meer does a pretty good job at being a squeaky clean boyscout who also happens to kick ass and is capable of doing anything (except dancing). He is, in my head, the only real Shepard. 

I played through ME2 a second (and third) time with a renegade Lady Shepard, however, and I think Hale is waaay better than Meer at being a hard-ass; Meer just sounds stupid when trying to be a bastard. Hale will never be the real Shepard but when I play through ME3 as a renegade, after my true and pure playthrough as male paragon shepard, I will be using my Lady Shepad's save file because she is so much better at it.
    Avatar image for deactivated-5b43dadb9061b
    deactivated-5b43dadb9061b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

@Abyssfull said:
    " @LiquidPrince said:
    " @Abyssfull said:
    " @LiquidPrince:  Yeah, a bad one. "
    No. "
    No.. no what? He does a terrible voice over for his Shepard.  Yes. "
    Um, it's not a "voice-over". Lean your terms!
    Elerigo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By Elerigo

Jennifer hale should be the moddel  

No Caption Provided
    02sfraser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By 02sfraser

Well my Shepard is male, the way Bioware intended it to be so it doesn't really bother me to much.

Natesaint

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By Natesaint

I thought Hale wasn't any better than Meer. I enjoyed playing as both, but voice acting wise they sounded almost equal. I actually thought she was the one who lacked emotion by trying to voice emotion.  Guys who are enthusiastic over her must just want a lesbian Shepard. Let's face it though: female leads are a novelty thing. Bioware wants Shepard as a male, I'm sure there are numerous reasons. One of which is the number of male gamers, another is the novelty female lead. If they wanted Shepard as a female, they would have made it clear by now.

napalm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By napalm
    @BeachThunder: Jennifer Hale is far more expressive and dynamic. The only real reason I can give for Mark Meer's monotonous performance is that he is trying to nail the stoic soldier. He gets far more expressive when he's talking to Liara in ME2, or when you go on Tali's loyalty mission and they discover err... that hologram in the hall.
    Funkydupe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By Funkydupe
    @McGhee_the_Insomniac said:
    " Female Shepherd = Rhona Mitra

No Caption Provided
    "
    Not a bad choice! 

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.