Save Transfer

#1 Posted by DjCmeP (1148 posts) -

Do I need my Mass Effect 1 save file for ME3 or can I just delete it. ?
Cause I'm pretty sure all my decision transfered to my ME2 save file.

#2 Posted by MooseyMcMan (10837 posts) -

Why do you want to delete it? You that strapped for room on your hard drive that you can't get rid of anything else? 

#3 Posted by CharlesAlanRatliff (5414 posts) -

I would keep it just in case.

#4 Posted by DjCmeP (1148 posts) -
@MooseyMcMan: Yes.
#5 Posted by DjCmeP (1148 posts) -
@Vito_Raliffe: Well...I guess I'll keep it then. I just have to delete something else. 

Thanks.
#6 Posted by CharlesAlanRatliff (5414 posts) -
@DjCmeP: I'm not sure what your hard drive situation is or how big it is, but I would recommend uninstalling games, deleting arcade games or DLC that you no longer have any use for, videos etc. You can always re-install/re-download something if you need to. Or you could backup your save files on a USB stick/external hard drive. I have found that save files aren't big enough to warrant deleting them, and you never know for sure when developers will use them (like Lost Planet 2 using Dead Rising 1 save files, for example).
#7 Posted by moelarrycurly (668 posts) -
@DjCmeP: ME1 saves only take up a few KB each, so you're not really gaining a whole lot.
#8 Posted by PhatSeeJay (3322 posts) -

The ME1 save file stored surprisingly much stuff and I'm not sure how much of that was transfered into the ME2 save file.
I would say keep it just to be safe.

#9 Posted by Yummylee (21475 posts) -
@Vito_Raliffe said:
" I would keep it just in case. "
#10 Posted by velucyraptor (358 posts) -
@moelarrycurly said:
" @DjCmeP: ME1 saves only take up a few KB each, so you're not really gaining a whole lot. "
and 

@Vito_Raliffe said:
" I would keep it just in case. "
#11 Posted by BibleDoctor (698 posts) -

ME files only take up a couple hundred KBs per save, there is nothing you will gain by erasing those save files.

#12 Posted by GravityProof (282 posts) -

Hmmn. That's an interesting question. Seems like it'd only really make sense for them to have to import your ME2 save, but I'd keep your old one just in case.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.