Show your Shepard's progression from ME to ME3!

• 62 results
#1 Posted by Buccura (213 posts) -

Suffice to say that, regardless of whether you had to reconstruct the face in ME3, chances are your Shepard looks quite different from how he/she did in the first and even second game. So, after doing one myself I'd like to see other people's Shepards and how they have changed in look over the trilogy!

Ryalla Shepard

Doesn't have to have the logos and everything like mine, can just be individual shots. I only did that because I tend to be a perfectionist.

(I made this in the Commander Shepard forums but it didn't get any responses, so I'm trying it here)

#2 Posted by DillonWerner (1522 posts) -

I just used the default Shepard the whole time, I liked the way he looked, plus THAT is the face plastered on all of the posters and trailers so I feel as if I should be playing him.

#3 Posted by SarjuTheRapper (279 posts) -

@Buccura: it looks like the first one is thoughtful, 2nd is wistful, 3rd is dejected

but i might be crazy!

#4 Posted by Landon (4130 posts) -

It looks like she became more Asian by the 3rd game.

#5 Posted by Toxin066 (3254 posts) -

@Landon said:

That's racist! ;)

#6 Posted by JeanLuc (3572 posts) -

Man, the hair in the Mass Effect games have come along way.

#7 Posted by white_sox (182 posts) -

@DillonWerner said:

I just used the default Shepard the whole time, I liked the way he looked, plus THAT is the face plastered on all of the posters and trailers so I feel as if I should be playing him.

This is exactly what I did.

#8 Edited by Maajin (1052 posts) -

@white_sox said:

@DillonWerner said:

This is exactly what I did.

Yep. Humanity in Mass Effect is divided between real humans and randomly generated humans. Anderson, Hackett, Miranda, Jacob, Jack, James and a few others are real humans. Miranda's father and sister, Kelly, Traynor, Khalisah al-Jilani and pretty much everyone else is a randomly generated human. And I can't stand how ugly they are!

I simply cannot understand how anyone would be able to play the game without the only real human option, which is default male Shepard.

#9 Posted by Zithe (1045 posts) -

I have a question and I don't know of a better place to ask it: If you start ME1 with the default female Shepard and bring her all the way to ME3, will it let you import the look? Do they give you the new default female in ME3 or do you keep the original one?

#10 Posted by Marz (5642 posts) -

male shepard i used default appearance in all games. 
my femshep however was custom and changed a bit.. i don't have pictures only videos 
me1 
me2 
me3

#11 Edited by RedRoach (1176 posts) -

THERE IS ONLY ONE

#12 Posted by Buccura (213 posts) -

@Landon said:

Yeah I noticed that too. She always did look vaguely Asian, but in 3 she does show it more.

#13 Posted by LiquidPrince (15842 posts) -

@Jason_Bourne said:

THERE IS ONLY ONE

My Shepard... Hey!

#14 Edited by Red (5994 posts) -

As you can see, he grows sexier with each game. I completely redid the face between ME1 and ME2 because of how freaking ugly it is (in my defense, it's hard to make a non-ugmo face in ME1 tools) and slightly modified it between ME2 and ME3. I personally prefer him over Mark Vanderloo, and thinks he fits in well with the world. The ME2 shot is a little different because for some reason some menus and angles have really dark character shading on my PC in ME2.

#15 Posted by SamStrife (1282 posts) -

@Red: Your ME2 dude reminds me of Tom Hardy.

#16 Posted by Red (5994 posts) -

@SamStrife: I can't really see it. I took the base from a code on masseffect2faces.com then tweaked it a bit to my liking, I doubt the original code was based off Tommy boy, though.

#17 Edited by 137 (481 posts) -
nuff said

To be honest this also was one of the most disappointing aspects of Mass Effect 3 for me, they included the option to have the helmets off in conversations but they put all that effort into making sure the guns could animate and become non issues for a soldier to carry, some kind of breakaway mask during conversations like dead space would've been money as hell. But the helmet just randomly disappears, then re-appears. Also the random default n7 pistol showing up during certain cutscenes but not all of them was weird as hell too.

#18 Posted by Wasara88 (332 posts) -

@Zithe: I'm pretty sure that it will always give you the "use imported face", even if you have used the default one.

Though i recommend adjusting some of the sliders, just to be sure.

With the male Shepard i picked default right out of the gate and it always gave me the import option.

#19 Posted by Grillbar (1796 posts) -

ME 1: default male Shepard

ME 2: default male Shepard

ME3: default make Shepard

though for some reason when i imported my me 2 shepard in to me 3 he was black and looked like some random generated dude until i went in to chance is face back to default

#20 Posted by Captain_Insano (1527 posts) -

Default Shep FTW

#21 Posted by ajamafalous (11846 posts) -

Mark Vanderloo 4 Life

#22 Posted by Dallas_Raines (2133 posts) -

I used default Shepard for the trilogy on xbox, and I created some sort of black Daniel Craig Shepard in the PC version of ME.(sadly, the poor guy was eventually lost to the void and couldn't be carried over.)

#23 Posted by newhaap (416 posts) -
My lady Shepard, a renegade only when she needs to be.
My guy Shepard, a consistent paragon.
#24 Posted by TheHT (10876 posts) -
#25 Edited by Stahlbrand (835 posts) -
Dowryn Shepard - Adept - Renegade - Sticking a gun in your face

My femshep, the import didn't work and the middle one is what I tried to do with ME3's parts. I rebuilt with the real parts in two and got the code - her eyebrows turned out too blonde and her hair was too 'nice' for my tough renegade in 3. (pictures are mad bloomed and over exposed because 360/cell phone camera).

Ernstig Shepard - Soldier - Paragon - Willing to make a deal

My maleshep looks a little different too, I didn't do a great job re-creating his face, but that photo makes it look worse than it is. They changed his hair as well - in ME1 and 2 the front of the 'high and tight' had some vertical volume, like it was gelled a little, but in 3 it is a smooth taper. I got used to it after a bit.

#26 Edited by phrosnite (3518 posts) -

Default Femshep with black hair and light blue eyes.

My Femshep. ME123
#27 Posted by MideonNViscera (2257 posts) -

@Red said:

As you can see, he grows sexier with each game. I completely redid the face between ME1 and ME2 because of how freaking ugly it is (in my defense, it's hard to make a non-ugmo face in ME1 tools) and slightly modified it between ME2 and ME3. I personally prefer him over Mark Vanderloo, and thinks he fits in well with the world. The ME2 shot is a little different because for some reason some menus and angles have really dark character shading on my PC in ME2.

That's pretty much exactly how mine looked too. Until 3 wouldn't import my face and I went default anyway.

#28 Posted by Kedi2 (242 posts) -

I went default male Shepard the entire series.

#29 Posted by Renegade_Pixels (52 posts) -

When my third 360 died I switched to a PS3 so I don't have ME1 anymore. :(

Also, since my Shepards are on the PS3 I don't have any pics. But they are awesome.

#30 Posted by Hector (3355 posts) -

Default Sheploo

#31 Edited by Jimbo (9772 posts) -

Man, ME1 armour kicked ass. 

#32 Posted by Morrow (1828 posts) -

@LiquidPrince said:

@Jason_Bourne said:

THERE IS ONLY ONE

My Shepard... Hey!

Mine.

#33 Posted by Stahlbrand (835 posts) -

@Jimbo: Your femshep has a very serious look, I approve. I have to imagine zero shit was taken.

#34 Posted by Jimbo (9772 posts) -
@Stahlbrand said:

@Jimbo: Your femshep has a very serious look, I approve. I have to imagine zero shit was taken.

Let's just say she isn't very popular with the Krogan. Or Mordin's family.
#35 Edited by JeanLuc (3572 posts) -

My paragon Shepard is default male so I won't show that, but I do have my renegade female Shepard.

The face structure changed from ME2 to ME3 which I find odd. She does look older which I like. There is a 3 1/2 year difference between ME1 and ME3 after all.

#36 Edited by Doctorchimp (4069 posts) -

@Maajin: I don't know.

I think my Shepard looks better than that Vanderloo guy.

This is usually how he looks.
#37 Posted by Enigma777 (6057 posts) -

@Jason_Bourne said:

THERE IS ONLY ONE

Truth.

#38 Posted by Quarters (1628 posts) -

@Doctorchimp: OH LORD NO. I had that glitch happen to me a couple of times in the final mission too, startled the crap out of me initally. Let me guess...Recon Hood?

#39 Posted by Doctorchimp (4069 posts) -

@Quarters: Yeah, exactly that.

Kind of ruined that Cerberus Base mission for me....

#40 Posted by eroticfishcake (7782 posts) -

I've no ME1/2 screencaps on this PC so this will have to do I'm afraid. Then again, I've been using the default FemShep from ME1 albeit with some minor differences anyway.

Quite proud of the lass I am.

#41 Posted by JeanLuc (3572 posts) -

@eroticfishcake: Oh that pretty good. I may have to steal your face code.

#42 Posted by MoseSSesoM (235 posts) -

I could but I would have to take pictures of my TV screen, and nah.

#43 Posted by eroticfishcake (7782 posts) -

@JeanLuc: I'd give it to you...if I knew where to find it. Is it that Identity Code on the Squad Screen for Shep?

#44 Posted by wemibelec90 (1548 posts) -

I used a face code chart (telling me where to put what sliders) that I found on the Gamefaqs forum for Mass Effect 1 to make a very pretty FemShep. Then I just carried it along the rest of the way, no changes.

Each of my characters have a different look to them, so my stories with each don't collide.

#45 Posted by eroticfishcake (7782 posts) -

@JeanLuc: Try this: 743.Q9G.M17.F8A.JDQ.6BQ.1DA.711.966.415.BG6.175

Hope that works. I had to write it down by hand...

#46 Posted by JeanLuc (3572 posts) -

@eroticfishcake: Aww, you do care. Thanks :)

#47 Posted by SmasheControllers (2544 posts) -

@LiquidPrince said:

@Jason_Bourne said:

THERE IS ONLY ONE

My Shepard... Hey!

Your Shepard looks a lot like mine.

#48 Posted by Quarters (1628 posts) -

@Doctorchimp: Lol, I feel ya. If you ever play through again and it happens to you, load your most recent save. Cleared it up each time for me.

#49 Posted by BisonHero (6161 posts) -

@Jimbo said:

Man, ME1 armour kicked ass.

Did it? I was kinda bummed out by how it was all texture swaps and the armour itself only looked different depending on whether you were wearing light, medium, or heavy. Also a lot of the textures were super uggo, because they insisted on using weird camouflage patterns that seem completely out of place on space armour that you wear while mostly running around rocky planets and metal buildings.

Also, all the female armour in ME1 looked goofy as shit.

#50 Posted by MooseyMcMan (10470 posts) -

@SmasheControllers said:

@LiquidPrince said:

@Jason_Bourne said:

THERE IS ONLY ONE

My Shepard... Hey!

Your Shepard looks a lot like mine.

That's my favorite Shepard on the Citadel.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.