So how high does your EMS have to be to get the best ending?

#1 Posted by LiquidPrince (16020 posts) -

Currently I'm siiting on a total military strength of 6902. With my Effective Military Strength being exactly half that since I haven't played any multiplayer yet and it's sitting at %50. So does anyone have a definitive answer about how high my EMS has to be to get the best possible ending. I have full paragon bar as well if that matters.

#2 Posted by FLStyle (4768 posts) -

5000?

#3 Posted by DonChipotle (2785 posts) -

Is your green bar full?

#4 Posted by Death_Unicorn (2838 posts) -

Although there really isn't a best ending in this game. They are all kind of the same.

#5 Posted by Bocam (3785 posts) -

Is the bar fully green? Because if it is you get the best ending.

#6 Posted by JasonR86 (9742 posts) -

@LiquidPrince:

I don't remember which was which but my top number was just over 6K and my bottom number was just over 3K and I got the extra little bit at the end of the credits.

#7 Posted by MooseyMcMan (11307 posts) -

5000. The only difference is a couple extra seconds right before the credits, and you can watch that on YouTube if you don't want to obsess over trying to get it that high (especially since you pretty much need to play online to get it that high).

#8 Posted by MikkaQ (10318 posts) -

Why are there like 40 threads about EMS? It's so simple. Fill the bar. You win!

#9 Posted by LiquidPrince (16020 posts) -

@FLStyle: @DonChipotle: @Death_Unicorn: @MooseyMcMan: So wait, does the EMS need to be 5000 or the total military strength? Also yes, my bar is fully green.

#10 Posted by DonChipotle (2785 posts) -

It's like Ghostbusters. Bar is green...ending is....clean?

#11 Posted by MooseyMcMan (11307 posts) -

@LiquidPrince said:

The EMS needs to be 5000. So you either need 10,000 total strength (which I think is impossible), or you need to play online. I had 7,000-ish, and got my Galactic Readiness to about 70%, and that got it up to 5000-ish. And that 7000 was me doing everything I could.

#12 Edited by Dany (7887 posts) -

You can get the best option for the endings by just playing the single player. If you bar is green and full you are set, no worries.

I finished the game with 50% galactic readiness and got the best option for my ending decision.

#13 Posted by FLStyle (4768 posts) -

@LiquidPrince: Mine was about 7500 and I like to play the multiplayer so it was about 95% so my final military strength was 7150.

#14 Edited by Bane (428 posts) -

My EMS was at 7,136 when I finished the game but I didn't get the extra scene at the end. I'm pretty sure you need to have your EMS in order before going on the Priority: Horizon Priority: Cerberus Headquarters mission, which I did not.

Edit: I confirmed this myself last night.

#15 Posted by Dallas_Raines (2190 posts) -

You only need 4,000 if you destroyed the reaper base at the end of 2

#16 Posted by LiquidPrince (16020 posts) -

@Dallas_Raines said:

How do you know this?

#17 Posted by mano521 (1228 posts) -
#18 Posted by LiquidPrince (16020 posts) -

@mano521 said:

@LiquidPrince said:

@Dallas_Raines said:

How do you know this?

warning spoilers

http://www.ign.com/wikis/mass-effect-3/Endings

I'd rather not look at that yet... I take my Mass Effect real serious!

#19 Posted by mano521 (1228 posts) -

@LiquidPrince: then just take our word for it. minimum ems for the best ending is 4000 i believe

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.