Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Mass Effect 3

Game » consists of 19 releases. Released Mar 06, 2012

When Earth begins to fall in an ancient cycle of destruction, Commander Shepard must unite the forces of the galaxy to stop the Reapers in the final chapter of the original Mass Effect trilogy.

So I refused Diana Allers a spot on the Normandy...

• 83 results
    MikkaQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#51  Edited By MikkaQ

So she's a lady pretending to be a reporter, pretending to be an actress, pretending to be a reporter AAAAH MY BRAIN!

Dezztroy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#52  Edited By Dezztroy

My main problem is that her in-game model looks dumb as shit. Her voiceacting's not great either.

Oh well, I just kicked her off my ship. A single match of coop is enough to get those points back.

stinky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#53  Edited By stinky

@Hunkulese said:

@LordXavierBritish said:

The one reporter in the game you can't punch. Pretty sure there is no reason to ever interact with her ever.

You have an awful lot to say about the game for someone who thinks it's an egregious travesty. Why are you wasting time talking about a game you'll never play? Move on buddy.

i know right?

Avatar image for deactivated-5ba16609964d9
    deactivated-5ba16609964d9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 20

I figured her creepy uncanny valley face and terrible acting would scare away space rats.

delta_ass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 36

User Lists: 7

#55  Edited By delta_ass

Her voice acting is uhhh, it's not good.

Beanpants

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By Beanpants

I had no idea who Jessica Chobot was, so I let her on board. She hasn't really done anything in the game to make me regret the decision, so it doesn't matter much to me.

hollitz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 12

#57  Edited By hollitz

I think this game is bugged. I, too, refused Jessica Chobot-reporter. But it forgot to give me Paragon points for doing it.

biospank

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#58  Edited By biospank

the bigger question is can you have sexy time with  her?

AlexW00d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#59  Edited By AlexW00d

I didn't know who the fuck she was until people on Giant Bomb started moaning about her being in Mass Effect 3. You people are like conspiracy theorists.

DrDarkStryfe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#60  Edited By DrDarkStryfe

Jessica Chobot is a video personality for IGN for the last few years. If you have an Xbox 360, you have seen her face on the dashboard, as she does those IGN Strategize segments. She still works with IGN and G4, so her being so involved with the game does put into question at how close IGN is to the title, and if their coverage is a conflict of interest.

Ghostiet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#61  Edited By Ghostiet
    @Mooshu said:

I will if that woman is Jessica Chobot, and if said character just comes off as some sort of scummy IGN promotion thing.

The idea of you giving her interviews to give the public morale or insight into some shit (like "don't trust Cerberus") is interesting and the stuff she says about the damage done to Earth is fine, but Chobot's a terrible, TERRIBLE voice actress.

And her model is just uncanny valley. Pure, distilled.

Mooshu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By Mooshu

@Humanity said:

People are getting kind of ridiculous. Who cares? Self promotion for IGN? What?

The saddest thing is that they probably thought putting her in the game would be kind of a cool thing to do for the gaming community since a lot of people recognize her. Like hey, theres that girl you know! They could have put Adam Sessler in the game, called him Adam Sessex and made him a space video game journalist and people would have been more or less OK with it. At the end of the day there are a lot of suits involved and putting in an attractive looking female that's also an anchor for a huge gaming network probably seemed like a cool idea.

Just remember, no one did this to spite you. Jessica Chobot wouldn't be flipping you off when you turned around to take the lift back to the bridge. It's harmless fun.

Honestly, having Adam Sessler in the game would have irked me easily as much.

Pretty much the only person I would have been okay with would have been Jeff Gerstmann, since it would have been so out of place that I couldn't help but find humor in it.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

#63  Edited By Humanity

@Mooshu said:

@Humanity said:

The saddest thing is that they probably thought putting her in the game would be kind of a cool thing to do for the gaming community since a lot of people recognize her. Like hey, theres that girl you know! They could have put Adam Sessler in the game, called him Adam Sessex and made him a space video game journalist and people would have been more or less OK with it. At the end of the day there are a lot of suits involved and putting in an attractive looking female that's also an anchor for a huge gaming network probably seemed like a cool idea.

Just remember, no one did this to spite you. Jessica Chobot wouldn't be flipping you off when you turned around to take the lift back to the bridge. It's harmless fun.

Pretty much the only person I would have been okay with would have been Jeff Gerstmann, since it would have been so out of place that I couldn't help but find humor in it.

But at least you can see how thats incredibly hypocritical right? It's ok if you don't like her, whatever I mean thats fine, but to have this whole thread with people literally almost fist bumping about how they didn't let a scripted event loosely tied to a real life person play out in their game is mind boggling. I just always assumed the GB community is at least a little better than your average forum goer but having people go "fucking Jessica Chobot not on my ship FUCK IGN" is like woah whats the matter, what happened today, you wanna talk about it jeez.

tearhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 52

#64  Edited By tearhead

No idea who this Jessica whoever was until this game came out. So she's just another voice actor to me. Seriously, why do you guys even give a fuck?

Avatar image for chubbaluphigous
    Chubbaluphigous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By Chubbaluphigous

Where does she show up on the ship. I found her, and told her yes because I wanted to see the impending train wreck, but she is nowhere to be found. I am only as far into the game as having done all the stuff on Tuchanka.

spartanlolz92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By spartanlolz92

is it just me or did they increase her bust??

-__-

rjayb89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

#67  Edited By rjayb89

@Chubbaluphigous: Did you get Zaeed in Mass Effect 2? That's where she is. If you're still not sure, she's on the Engineering deck and to your right once you get off the elevator.

PeasantAbuse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By PeasantAbuse

@DrDarkStryfe said:

She netted me about 400 total points to my War Assets total. Those interviews do pack them in.

I am still ticked she got the third voice acting credit in the credit roll. How does she gets a spot over Seth Green, Lance Henrickson, and Freddie Prinze Jr?

I haven't seen the credits, but maybe they're organized alphabetically by last name?

Scotto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By Scotto

My only problem with Chobot's character is that I think Chobot herself is a hack who gained internet gaming celebrity for being a pretty girl who took pictures of herself, rubbing things on her ass.

The actual idea of having a reporter on the ship, and the questions she asks, are fine. And if you don't like her, you can kick her ass off your ship whenever you want.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By 137

@Hunkulese said:

@LordXavierBritish said:

The one reporter in the game you can't punch. Pretty sure there is no reason to ever interact with her ever.

You have an awful lot to say about the game for someone who thinks it's an egregious travesty. Why are you wasting time talking about a game you'll never play? Move on buddy.

refused to pre-order unlocked +32 levels of internet badassery. lol

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#71  Edited By TheHT

Meh, I'll just pass on that. Neat idea though, with the interviews and all that. Maybe on another playthrough I'll see if they deliver.

Avatar image for chubbaluphigous
    Chubbaluphigous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By Chubbaluphigous

@rjayb89: Yeah I did. I went there and she isn't there.

Mike76x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By Mike76x

This is what happened

*One day at Bioware*

Seth Green: "Hey guys, I told Jessica Chobot I'd get her on Mass Effect 3. Could you help me out so I can nail her?"

Bioware guys: "Uh...okay."

SlashDance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By SlashDance

I was pretty neutral about the whole thing, then I saw her on the Citadel. I listened to her speak. She is the WORST voice actress ! I don't want to know how she got that job... that was certainly not her talent...

I told her to fuck off.

jmood88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By jmood88

The people getting mad about this are hilarious and ridiculous.

Krakn3Dfx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#76  Edited By Krakn3Dfx

It would be great if you could set her up in the airlock, and at any given time, just stand by a window, open up, and watch her float away...

Mooshu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By Mooshu

@Humanity said:

@Mooshu said:

@Humanity said:

But at least you can see how thats incredibly hypocritical right? It's ok if you don't like her, whatever I mean thats fine, but to have this whole thread with people literally almost fist bumping about how they didn't let a scripted event loosely tied to a real life person play out in their game is mind boggling. I just always assumed the GB community is at least a little better than your average forum goer but having people go "fucking Jessica Chobot not on my ship FUCK IGN" is like woah whats the matter, what happened today, you wanna talk about it jeez.

I don't exactly see how hypocritical it is for me to say any gaming journalist in Allers position would have bothered me. It has nothing to do with sex or site affiliation.

DEMONOLOGY_24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By DEMONOLOGY_24

@Mike76x said:

This is what happened

*One day at Bioware*

Seth Green: "Hey guys, I told Jessica Chobot I'd get her on Mass Effect 3. Could you help me out so I can nail her?"

Bioware guys: "Uh...okay."

if that was a movie I would pay to see it

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

#79  Edited By Humanity

@Mooshu: well I was referring to your comment about how you would be ok if it was Jeff.

ttocs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 9

#80  Edited By ttocs

I wish there was a push Diana Allers out the airlock option.  I would keep a save loaded right before that so I could keep repeating it.  I have no idea why she is even in the game with her likeness.  It just seems so fake.  I'd rather have Vinny on my ship in a dress as the Alliance reporter than her. 

Mooshu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By Mooshu

@Humanity said:

@Mooshu: well I was referring to your comment about how you would be ok if it was Jeff.

It was pretty clearly in jest. But alright.

fox01313

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

#82  Edited By fox01313

That character in the game just has something about her appearance that just doesn't look right to me compared to the other characters in the game. Glad I kicked her off the idea as you get more than enough war assets just doing random side missions & exploring marked planets.

mandude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83  Edited By mandude
    @ttocs said:
    I wish there was a push Diana Allers out the airlock option.  I would keep a save loaded right before that so I could keep repeating it.  I have no idea why she is even in the game with her likeness.  It just seems so fake.  I'd rather have Vinny on my ship in a dress as the Alliance reporter than her. 
    Man, I would buy this game if I had the option to space her over and over.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.