Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Mass Effect 3

Game » consists of 19 releases. Released Mar 06, 2012

When Earth begins to fall in an ancient cycle of destruction, Commander Shepard must unite the forces of the galaxy to stop the Reapers in the final chapter of the original Mass Effect trilogy.

So Mass Effect 3 multiplayer is pretty much confirmed

BisonHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By BisonHero
    KimChi4U

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By KimChi4U

I'm hoping for co-op multiplayer, horde style mode. I like Gears horde mode but I'm not especially enamored with the Gears universe.

niamahai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By niamahai

YAY! 
    More reasons to play ME!  

Fuck the lonely haters!

Avatar image for tim_the_corsair
    tim_the_corsair

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By tim_the_corsair

Powerplay is a decent mag...or at least it used to be, have not read it in a couple of years.

DeF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#5  Edited By DeF

I'll never see it unless MS decides to let us play multiplayer for free ... (I started ME on xbox and that's where I'll finish it ... not gonna jump ship to another platform now!)

MEATBALL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#6  Edited By MEATBALL

Just as well, I was worried the back of the box wasn't going to have enough bullet points for that feature list! It's sure to sell 6 million in a week now!

Julmust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#7  Edited By Julmust

Sounds like a really underwhelming experience! I hope I'm wrong.

Funkydupe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Funkydupe

@Jolt92 said:

Sounds like a really underwhelming experience! I hope I'm wrong.

Same here. I was hoping that multiplayer would be introduced to Mass Effect, but at a stage past the Shepard trilogy.

Avatar image for girlsgeneration
    GirlsGeneration

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By GirlsGeneration

Sounds interesting will have to see how it turns out.

Samaritan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Samaritan

Shepard looks tired.

PhatSeeJay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 17

#11  Edited By PhatSeeJay

I don't care. Single player is what I buy the game for and a co-op thing on the side can be interesting but that's it. I'm more wondering what's going on with Wrex's face.

No Caption Provided
    Masha2932

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Masha2932
    Avatar image for taliciadragonsong
    TaliciaDragonsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

Even the art work is more gritty, which would have been ace for the suicide mission theme in two.
    But this just screams "I'm Commander Shepard and this is my favorite hardcore kick ass shooter on the consoles."

BisonHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By BisonHero
    Mayu_Zane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#15  Edited By Mayu_Zane

Unless you can play as a batarian/elcor/hanar, not interested.

probablytuna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#16  Edited By probablytuna

Well it was only a matter of time.... I hope this doesn't affect the single-player experience in a significant way...

WizardShazam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#17  Edited By WizardShazam

All I can think of is how the hours spent making a multiplayer mode that I do not and will not care about, could have gone into improving the single player campaign.

Lazyaza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 43

#18  Edited By Lazyaza

I was under the impression it was going to be co-op side missions stuff separate from the main campaign like other games have done.  Makes perfect sense to me and I"m even interested to check it out if it isn't shit.

But yeah the cynical side of me likes to remind me it was probably added just because EA said IT NEEDS MP to Bioware.  I really hope it isn't like Dead Space 2 (or most sp focused games really) where it feels tacked on and pointless.

delta_ass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 36

User Lists: 7

#19  Edited By delta_ass

Well, it says fight alongside your friends, not fight your friends, so it'll probably be some co-op option. I'm cool with that.

FritzDude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By FritzDude

I'm commander Shepard and i was forced by the mainstream.

BeachThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 30

#21  Edited By BeachThunder

Mass Effect Kart Racing! :o

ftomato

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#22  Edited By ftomato

Regarding the art, IIRC, many cover arts on magazines are made by the magazines, not using official concept art.

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

#23  Edited By mike

Sounds like co-op to me. Awesome!

MideonNViscera

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By MideonNViscera

They added multiplayer. They didn't remove 5 campaign missions to make it fit. Get real. This is ME3. They're not retarded. It will be good.

MooseyMcMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#25  Edited By MooseyMcMan

I just hope there's no Achievements related to it, because it will ruin my streak of S-Ranking Mass Effect games.

rockinkemosabe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#26  Edited By rockinkemosabe

"I'm Commander Shepard and this my favorite multiplayer mode on XBox Live."

brewster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#27  Edited By brewster

As long as its not essential to the fiction and doesn't impact the single player, then i'm just about ok with this.

Co-op is an overrated feature in games and played by a fraction of the buying public.

Bumpton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Bumpton

@MooseyMcMan said:

I just hope there's no Achievements related to it, because it will ruin my streak of S-Ranking Mass Effect games.

Haha, that was my first thought. Although I didn't S-rank the first... I played it multiple times and it just would NOT register some of the ones I thought I should have gotten. But 2 was the first game I ever S-ranked!

MooseyMcMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By MooseyMcMan

@Bumpton: ME1 really isn't worth S-Ranking unless you're willing to pay $5 for that second DLC. Pinnacle Station, I think. I did, and it was not good. The first DLC was all right though.

And yeah, the Achievements for using all those skills like 75 times were crazy. At least if you were like me and only wanted to play the one class. I had to create two more characters just to get those Achievements.

You know, maybe not being able to S-Rank ME3 won't be a bad thing. Then at least I won't have to play it on Insane. I still have bad memories of fighting those Praetorians in ME2. I don't care what anybody says about the difficulty of the ME games, ME2 was way harder solely because of those stupid things. Regenerating barriers by doing an attack that is pretty much a one hit kill (on Insane) is hard.

CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#30  Edited By CL60

@MooseyMcMan said:

@Bumpton: ME1 really isn't worth S-Ranking unless you're willing to pay $5 for that second DLC. Pinnacle Station, I think. I did, and it was not good. The first DLC was all right though.

And yeah, the Achievements for using all those skills like 75 times were crazy. At least if you were like me and only wanted to play the one class. I had to create two more characters just to get those Achievements.

You know, maybe not being able to S-Rank ME3 won't be a bad thing. Then at least I won't have to play it on Insane. I still have bad memories of fighting those Praetorians in ME2. I don't care what anybody says about the difficulty of the ME games, ME2 was way harder solely because of those stupid things. Regenerating barriers by doing an attack that is pretty much a one hit kill (on Insane) is hard.

My only problem with the achievements in ME1 were the ones to use certain party members for the majority of the game. I did them all, I went through the trouble of doing every single side mission in every one of my playthroughs in an attempt to get all the party achievements and they very rarely registered as complete when I finished the game.

guiseppe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By guiseppe

As long as it doesn't interfere with the single player campaign in any way, I'm happy. And it would awesome as all hell if it was co-op through the storyline, or a different take on it. I can't see having dialogues with a kagillion people being much fun to play together. Unless they come up with some badass solution.

SMTDante89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 28

#32  Edited By SMTDante89
    OXM also confirms it.
    MooseyMcMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By MooseyMcMan

@CL60 said:

My only problem with the achievements in ME1 were the ones to use certain party members for the majority of the game. I did them all, I went through the trouble of doing every single side mission in every one of my playthroughs in an attempt to get all the party achievements and they very rarely registered as complete when I finished the game.

Oh, I remember those ones now. Yeah, the Achievements in ME1 weren't great. Thankfully a bi-product of not being able to get some squad members until really late in the game (and having hella squad members) was that they removed those.

SlightConfuse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By SlightConfuse

i doubt they took time off from single player to make the multiplayer. stuff like that is usually divided into teams. i am cautiously optomistic about it but hey 

BIoshock does not need multiplayer... multiplayer is pretty good 

Assassins creed does not need multiplayer... muliplayer is pretty good  

uncharted MP was not bad of what i played in the beta ether 

people are so quick to dismiss things
    BisonHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By BisonHero

@CL60 said:

I looked that up once, and the requirements are very strict. For example, to get the one for using Liara, you basically have to intentionally skip all of the early Citadel sidequests, and literally do the bare minimum required to get off the Citadel. Then go straight to the planet where you get Liara, THEN you're free to go do 100% of the sidequests.

So the achievements are easier to do with Kaidan or Ashley since you have them in your party before you can even do sidequests, but with any party member that comes later, you have to be very careful about not really doing much in the game until you get that party member.

damswedon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 12

#36  Edited By damswedon

Casey just posted on twitter it is co-op missions.

AngelN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By AngelN7

Well Im more relived that it isn´t some bullshit deathmatch/ Capture the flag MP mode, but it saddens me that there´s so few games that try to stay single player focused hell not even RPGs can´t escape from it, couldn´t they just wait to finish Shepard story before introducing MP to the franchise?, what´s the big rush to put MP in every single game under the sun, Im not against it if the mode is compeling enough I might try it at least I don´t have to engage random people on the internet for it, but just put the effort in making a solid singleplayer experience with godd replay value and people will hold on to the game and buy it new too.

CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#38  Edited By CL60

@BisonHero said:

@CL60 said:

I looked that up once, and the requirements are very strict. For example, to get the one for using Liara, you basically have to intentionally skip all of the early Citadel sidequests, and literally do the bare minimum required to get off the Citadel. Then go straight to the planet where you get Liara, THEN you're free to go do 100% of the sidequests.

So the achievements are easier to do with Kaidan or Ashley since you have them in your party before you can even do sidequests, but with any party member that comes later, you have to be very careful about not really doing much in the game until you get that party member.

My last playthrough I tried Kaiden and Wrex, and I did everything and it didn't even give me Kaiden.

Bumpton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Bumpton

@CL60 said:

@BisonHero said:

@CL60 said:

My last playthrough I tried Kaiden and Wrex, and I did everything and it didn't even give me Kaiden.

That was my problem! After the second playthrough I just accepted that the cheevos weren't going to register properly and gave up. Anyway! Sorry for the derailment! haha

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.