Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Mass Effect 3

Game » consists of 19 releases. Released Mar 06, 2012

When Earth begins to fall in an ancient cycle of destruction, Commander Shepard must unite the forces of the galaxy to stop the Reapers in the final chapter of the original Mass Effect trilogy.

So my thoughts and questions about the end.

Sackmanjones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By Sackmanjones

Obviously there are SPOILERS for the whole game

Before I go into it I just want to give my final impressions of the game.  I think Mass Effect 3 is one hell of a game, I loved almost every aspect of the game and I would go as far to say it's a better game that Mass Effect 2. I think it is better BECAUSE it was the follow up to Mass Effect 2 which did an incredible job of creating these connections with all the characters in the second chapter.  Watching these members like Mordin and Thane die had the impact because they were created so well in Mass Effect 2.  Anyway, I love the Mass Effect series, and I loved Mass Effect 3. 

Ok so I have read a lot of the "theories"  and while I would love to believe all that stuff, it seems a bit crazy and a longshot (but not entirely impossible). I'd also say that from just the base ending, I didn't think it was terrible, in fact it basically resets everything in the universe.  The Citadel is destroyed, all the mass relays are gone, meaning all these species have basically cut ties now and must find another way to travel around the galaxy.  

Here is where my question comes in. While I said the theories are kinda outreaching, I think the question of Shepard being indoctrinated or not is truly possible.  On the citadel you can tell, something isn't right with Shepard, something is different. Lets not forget that Shepard shoots Anderson in the chest, did the Illusive man really make him do it or was it the Reapers eliminating any other influences on Shepard? Also people have an excellent point where it shows Anderson seemingly pick the "evil" choice and the Illusive man picking the "good" choice.  Anyway, thats my little theory on the ending and curious on what you guys thought? 

Oh I picked the "destory" choice at the end if you are curious.

jackelbeaver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By jackelbeaver

If you notice, harbinger IMMEDIATELY LEAVES as you wake up. Think about why he would just up and go after so much buildup

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.