Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Mass Effect 3

Game » consists of 19 releases. Released Mar 06, 2012

When Earth begins to fall in an ancient cycle of destruction, Commander Shepard must unite the forces of the galaxy to stop the Reapers in the final chapter of the original Mass Effect trilogy.

So, questions about the Trilogy packaging.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

#1  Edited By musubi

First off does this come with all of the DLC? Secondly, is the Mass Effect 2 on PS3 still just motion comic then pick choices? Did they add a patch to just straight up let you import your dude? Cause like if this comes with all the DLC and shit It might be worth just jumping on the PS3 version of this for fun and playing through all three games. Then again I still do have my save from ME2 on my 360 from my original shepard and ME3 is cheap now but hearing brad talk about how essential the DLC is that would put me in $60 range anyways after that so yeah... might as well get 3 games out of it if I'm going to get to that price tag anyways right? Well, that is if the DLC comes with it.

Zeik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Zeik

From what I understand it does not come with any of the ME3 DLC, so if that's why you want it don't get it.

But they did patch ME2 to import ME1 data. (With or without the trilogy.)

NekuCTR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By NekuCTR

You only get ME1 DLC on disc with the PS3 version, and all versions just give you online passes for ME2&3. You have to buy all the DLC.

lego_my_eggo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#4  Edited By lego_my_eggo

And some of the DLC for ME1 is missing because they had problems porting it to the ps3, so DLC wise it is not very good at all.

SMTDante89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 28

#5  Edited By SMTDante89

All of this is for the PS3 version of the Mass Effect Trilogy

Mass Effect 1 for PS3 comes with Bringing Down the Sky, and no Pinnacle Station

Mass Effect 2 has been patched so choices made in ME1 for PS3 do carry over, and comes with all the DLC the PS3 version originally came with (so you'll have to purchase Arrival and the weapon/appearance packs)

Mass Effect 3 comes with the Online Pass and nothing else, though all the multiplayer DLC so far is free, just like every other console.

Zeik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Zeik

@Lego_My_Eggo said:

And some of the DLC for ME1 is missing because they had problems porting it to the ps3, so DLC wise it is not very good at all.

Pinnacle Station sucked anyway.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By musubi

Hmmm..might just go PS3? Dunno. Cause honestly at this point I forget what the fuck happened in ME1 and ME2 and never played any of the ME2 DLC. I just worry that there won't be anyone on the Multi-player for me to actually do the galactic readiness shit.

Oldirtybearon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#8  Edited By Oldirtybearon

@Demoskinos said:

Hmmm..might just go PS3? Dunno. Cause honestly at this point I forget what the fuck happened in ME1 and ME2 and never played any of the ME2 DLC. I just worry that there won't be anyone on the Multi-player for me to actually do the galactic readiness shit.

The Galactic Readiness stuff got patched with the Extended Cut. The threshold for EMS is 3,100 which is easily obtained by playing the entire trilogy. Before hand the best ending was only available after 6,500 EMS or some shit like that.

TL;DR - they patched the game so you don't need to do multiplayer if you don't want to. Jump in and enjoy.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By musubi

@Oldirtybearon said:

@Demoskinos said:

The Galactic Readiness stuff got patched with the Extended Cut. The threshold for EMS is 3,100 which is easily obtained by playing the entire trilogy. Before hand the best ending was only available after 6,500 EMS or some shit like that.

TL;DR - they patched the game so you don't need to do multiplayer if you don't want to. Jump in and enjoy.

Well fantastic. That sounds alright. Not that the multiplayer looked bad its just I found them trying to usher everyone in to doing that kind of a lame decision. Really seems to have been worth the wait to play this one.

Avatar image for awesomeusername
    awesomeusername

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#10  Edited By awesomeusername

@Demoskinos: There's still a bunch of people on ME3's multiplayer on PS3. if you ever want, me and my friend will play with you too. It's fun enough to play for a couple hours.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By musubi

@awesomeusername said:

@Demoskinos: There's still a bunch of people on ME3's multiplayer on PS3. if you ever want, me and my friend will play with you too. It's fun enough to play for a couple hours.

Well If I swing that way I might take up that offer. Just batting around ideas right now because man next year is going to be brutal up front so part of me thinks spending money now on this would be real DUMB. This might be a good lazy summer dayz sort of undertaking methinks.

Avatar image for awesomeusername
    awesomeusername

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#12  Edited By awesomeusername

@Demoskinos: Yeah, next year has a ton of games in the first few months. I still have a ton of games to beat and the upcoming year is just adding more, which is bad. Over 30 games I own that I still haven't beat. But if you do end up buying it and need someone to play with, just let me know.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.