Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Mass Effect 3

Game » consists of 19 releases. Released Mar 06, 2012

When Earth begins to fall in an ancient cycle of destruction, Commander Shepard must unite the forces of the galaxy to stop the Reapers in the final chapter of the original Mass Effect trilogy.

Spoiler-free pre-release talk about ME3

bassman2112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

User Lists: 12

#1  Edited By bassman2112

Hey guys,

I'm really interested in talking about ME3 but am shying away from the threads that seem like they'll have massive amounts of spoilers from leaked content.

Let's please keep this thread free of spoilers or anything that could ruin the game for anyone else. I'll assume that everyone reading this has played ME1/2 though, so I think talking about plot points of those games shouldn't be a problem.

I'm really curious as to how ME3 is going to work. I still have no clue whether they're leaning more towards the RPG or Shooter direction, whether it'll be filled with side-quests like the last games were or if it'll shove you in a linear direction, if the characters we really care about are returning in a major way, et cetera. The one thing I'm really hoping for is a satisfying story that could unfold in a number of different ways depending on what decisions you've made in the past (especially the rachni, I can't wait to see how they come into play).

Anyways, feel free to discuss whatever you'd like here - but again, please keep it free of spoilers if they're out there.

BoG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By BoG

I'm am very excited for this game. ME is the franchise of the generation. That is not my subjective opinion, either. So fact.

Anyways, I'm really excited to see how it all comes together. You mentioned the Rachni, and I can't wait to see what role the play. Iet the queen live in ME, and was disappointed when the game gave you only a touch of info on the goings-on in the Rachni world.

I also can't wait to see who can join your team. Do statements Bioware has made about playable characters count as spoilers? I'll just tag this anyways:

I'm not looking forward to more Xenophobic Ashley on my team. She may have been my original love interest, but it was only because she's a human. I'm really disappointed that Mordin won't be returning to the squad, he was so awesome. Kaidan is dead in my universe, so whatever. I'm really sad that I can't have Legion.

I'm also really hoping for Thane, I grew attached to him in the second game (I loved Shredder Ammo). I'm just going to guess that Garrus is a given. If I can't have Garrus on my team, I'll boycott the game until a day after release. I'm especially curious about what will become of Cerberus employees like Jacob and Miranda. Miranda was my love interest in the last game, and if she's not on the team, I wonder if they'll breakup in the same way Ashley cut me off in ME2. To be honest, I preferred the squad from ME2, so I'm hoping they give me plenty of those characters to choose from. At the same time, I hope there are more new guys. I'm sure James Verga will be fine, but I hope he's not the only new guy.

Also, I read somewhere that the goal is to make a game that is a shooter-RPG middle ground. More action that ME1, more RPG than ME2. I'm happy with this, I guess. I preferred the more RPG heavy ME1, but ME2 was still excellent, so whatever.

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

#3  Edited By TheHT

@BoG: Aw, bummer on the last character. I got him late in the game and after doing his personal story kinda rushed into the endgame, but he was by-far the most interesting companion in ME2.

As such though, I still can't wait to see how he fits into ME3.

BoG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By BoG

@TheHT: I know! I think the whole concept is so interesting. I really liked learning about the inner-workings of the Geth society, their morality, and their different factions. Probably one of the most fascinating side stories in the series.

Winternet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

#5  Edited By Winternet

They'll ditch the old characters, make your actions on the previous game totally not matter, give you new characters to play with, give a new look to the Citadel and increase the player romance options.

Jwkokosmakroon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By Jwkokosmakroon

I'm curious if you'll be totally fucked as a renegade player. You basically antagonized half the galaxy and exterminated the Rachni... should be a rough ride I'm guessing ^^

Enigma777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#7  Edited By Enigma777
    @Winternet

They'll ditch the old characters, make your actions on the previous game totally not matter, give you new characters to play with, give a new look to the Citadel and increase the player romance options.

Dont forget having copy/paste maps and the worst ending you could possibly imagine. Wait... We're still talking about ME3, right?
    fieldafar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By fieldafar

@BoG said:

I'm just going to guess that Garrus is a given. If I can't have Garrus on my team, I'll boycott the game until a day after release.

Isn't Garrus already confirmed to be on the team? Or have I read that wrong...

lclay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#9  Edited By lclay

Garrus has gotta be in it. If I can't run around with Garrus and Mordin then I will be slightly less incredibly excited about ME3

@BoG

said:

I also can't wait to see who can join your team. Do statements Bioware has made about playable characters count as spoilers? I'll just tag this anyways:

So yeah, I'm not that worried about this game. Sure the trailers make it look more like a linear action game but that's just marketing designed to attract people that aren't already totally into ME. I'm certain it'll still have plenty of dialogue wheels, upgrade trees, and awesome singing aliens to have heated moral arguments with.   

Shit, I've played ME2 through 3 times already but I might have to do it again.
    BaneFireLord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#10  Edited By BaneFireLord

...I'm looking forward to continue romancing Liara. That's not totally creepy, right?

RE_Player1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By RE_Player1

While I am a big fan, reading the books even which are really good, I couldn't care less about ME3 from everything shown and leaked. I'll probably wait until all the dlc is released so that on my first play through I can do it as well, that's what ended up happening with 2 as I played the PS3 version and found it much more enjoyable with those missions part of my first play through. Also I might be getting tired of the standard Bioware formula.

AndrewB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 16

#12  Edited By AndrewB

Come to think of it, there's either going to be way too many squadmates in Mass Effect 3 or I'm going to be disappointed in some way. The short list of characters which I wouldn't care to make a return would be Grunt, Zaeed, and Samara. Yes, that's including characters from the first game.

But I guess not all of them have to be in your squad to be a part of the game still. They could have easily formed their own squad and you get to see them playing through their own quest in the background or something.

I feel like I'm probably the only one really interested in the return of Kaidan. Forget Ashley.

By the way, in case you've never seen this:

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.