Spoiler Free review of the new endings?

#1 Posted by cabelhigh (239 posts) -

Hey, I haven't played the game yet, but I want to know just the general feeling about the new stuff without dipping into spoilers. Could anyone help me out?

#2 Posted by Video_Game_King (34650 posts) -

That....sounds impossible. Or at least needlessly difficult.

#3 Posted by Brodehouse (9370 posts) -

They're better. And I wouldn't necessarily say they're 'new', they're the old ones explained more thoroughly.

#4 Posted by MightyDuck (1441 posts) -

I already beat the game back when it came out, but is it worth it to download and re-beat the game or just watch the endings on youtube?

#5 Posted by NTM (7035 posts) -

It feels in spots a bit tacked on in an un-qualitative way, and it can make you (if you had played the original ending) question Bioware's actions on this, but it really does get the job done well enough and I'm happy with it.

#6 Posted by NTM (7035 posts) -

@Brodehouse: In some aspects it is different though. Not a lot, but in some ways.

#7 Posted by fusrodah (95 posts) -

The new endings are pretty similar, just longer and clearer. It's almost like someone extended them, or something.

#8 Posted by Pinworm45 (4088 posts) -

If you hated the endings on an idea level, IE you just didn't like where the ending went, you didn't like the answers, this won't satisfy you.

If you didn't like the endings on a technical level, IE how it was presented, how it was done, plot holes, etc, the new endings will likely improve your experience, imo.

As for youtubing it, that's kind of pointless. I mean you can do it but there was quite a few changes made before even the starchild. It's worth playing through again imo.. i mean, it is free.

#9 Posted by Rawrz (587 posts) -

There pretty much the endings they have always been, just better explained and expanded upon and do a way better job of adding closure which the original endings lacked.

#10 Posted by JacDG (2112 posts) -

@Pinworm45 said:

If you hated the endings on an idea level, IE you just didn't like where the ending went, you didn't like the answers, this won't satisfy you.

If you didn't like the endings on a technical level, IE how it was presented, how it was done, plot holes, etc, the new endings will likely improve your experience, imo.

As for youtubing it, that's kind of pointless. I mean you can do it but there was quite a few changes made before even the starchild. It's worth playing through again imo.. i mean, it is free.

Where do the changes come in? The final act on earth, or earlier, later?

#11 Posted by sephirm87 (221 posts) -

@JacDG said:

@Pinworm45 said:

The changes start from the Cerberus base, but the differences are subtle up until the last part. There you get additional cut-scenes and expanded dialogue options with the Star Child (and you find out what it truly is). Personally, I didn't have much of a problem with the original endings, but these are much clearer, and therefore better.

#12 Posted by JacDG (2112 posts) -

@sephirm87 said:

@JacDG said:

@Pinworm45 said:

The changes start from the Cerberus base, but the differences are subtle up until the last part. There you get additional cut-scenes and expanded dialogue options with the Star Child (and you find out what it truly is). Personally, I didn't have much of a problem with the original endings, but these are much clearer, and therefore better.

Okay, cool. guess I'll jump in at some point during the summer, and I didn't hate the ending either, I loved the game too much up till that point to dismiss the game because of a tiny, though important, part of a pretty good trilogy, however it all felt a little..... flat, so some more detail will be alright, even though it won't be the same as seeing the better explanation in the correct "order", if that makes sense.

#13 Posted by umdesch4 (770 posts) -

@sephirm87 said:

The changes start from the Cerberus base, but the differences are subtle up until the last part.

I know, right? It boggles my mind that people didn't even read the FAQ on Bioware's page, which specifically says that you have to start at the assualt on Cerberus Headquarters, before asking where to start, or assuming you could just drop in at the beam.

But as I've stated elsewhere, my memory is fuzzy. I saw some things on the Cerberus base that had me scratching my head. Specifically some of the captured footage of TIM via the computer consoles around the base. I don't remember him being that explicit about his intentions before. Also, in the cut scene of the fleets converging on earth, I don't remember it being so specific about which races where joining before.

I'd love for somebody who was actually paying attention to the details, to describe some of those early differences more clearly, 'cuz I think they're just as interesting as the ending-ending.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.