Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Mass Effect 3

Game » consists of 19 releases. Released Mar 06, 2012

When Earth begins to fall in an ancient cycle of destruction, Commander Shepard must unite the forces of the galaxy to stop the Reapers in the final chapter of the original Mass Effect trilogy.

Stop Arguing With Each Other

imooumoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By imooumoo

This is not what being apart of this universe is about. Mass Effect was about unity and tolerance, and the fact that whether you like the ending or not, and whether "A" theory is true is irrelevant when you can't all get along. If you continue to argue like bitter trolls without providing evidence over any sort of claim, then said argument is invalid.

Mass Effect was about unity. We united all of the goddamn space faring races for god-sakes and you cannot even unite yourselves. Celebrate the highs, discuss the mysteries, and fight what is bad. Don't let internet hate take over because that makes us look bad and only validates the "All gamers are entitled fucking nerds" argument. I know nobody here wants that label on our society.

Were fighting indoctrination here. Indoctrination into the fucking internet hate machine. Do not let it take us over, then how are better then fucking machines?

N7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By N7

Let the hate fly.

laserbolts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By laserbolts

What the fuck are you talking about? There are about 20 threads about the ending on the forums and if you dont want to bother reading them to understand what about that ending ticks people off then thats your problem. I will say on a positive note that up until that god awful ending the game is great. @N7: hahah that gif is crazy

Dany

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#4  Edited By Dany

alistercat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 27

#5  Edited By alistercat

I hate this massive circle jerk of people raging about something they don't like. Oh wait. That is an internet forum.

AlexanderSheen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By AlexanderSheen

@Dany said:

I was joking, Shepard.

JasonR86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 5

#7  Edited By JasonR86

YOU stop arguing with others!!!!

BrockNRolla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By BrockNRolla

God forbid people feel impassioned by something.

Sooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#9  Edited By Sooty

@imooumoo said:

Mass Effect was about unity. We united all of the goddamn space faring races for god-sakes and you cannot even unite yourselves. Celebrate the highs, discuss the mysteries, and fight what is bad.

The highs:

I'm Garrus Vakarian and this is now my favourite spot on the Citadel.

Multiple death scenes for various characters.

The lows:

Shift to action, action and more action.

Significantly less renegade/paragon options in conversations.

Aside from the Citadel, there is zero on foot exploration.

They made the scanning thing worse than ME2. Somehow.

Stupid side quest system.

Import bug.

Inferior selection of squad mates, and a lack of them overall.

Edi being a squad mate is dumb as hell.

James Vega suddenly appearing as a character, wasting a spot. At this point in the series that spot is better off given to a past character than some random guy we are introduced to with zero back story at the start of the game, gee thanks.

"Hey remember that time Shepard..."

Levelling up didn't feel exciting as we never really got anything new (if you imported at least) and the weight system is really stupid.

Bottom of the barrel:

The ending.

That last mission, fight wave of enemy move on, fight more waves of enemies, move on, fight 5 waves of enemies, move on. 2 suffered from this, but it wasn't as bad as 3 and at least the suicide mission gave you a lot of choices and you can see the outcomes.

Significantly important day one DLC that didn't come with the standard version of the game. I didn't buy it and I'm glad my I didn't support this consumer gouging practice.

TL;DR: Compared to 2, this game is a step back in almost every possible way. Only the combat got a slight improvement, and very slight it is.

MikkaQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#10  Edited By MikkaQ

Sounds like the OP's indoctrinated by EA. Oooh I went there. That's right.

Phatmac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 12

#11  Edited By Phatmac

Nah. The ending sucked. So yeah, we'll keep talking about it. Nice try though.

Canteu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Canteu

Telling people on an internet gaming forum to stop arguing? Why not just shut the whole operation down while we're at it?

babblinmule

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#13  Edited By babblinmule

Welcome to Internet forums, AKA one big giant circle jerk.

imooumoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By imooumoo

@Sooty: It's almost as if they did not have enough time. All the bug's, and lack of conversation options (Even backstory) support that for a game this scale, a Developer needs more then 18 months for production (or 2 years). The only way to try and give characters credit was too go "Hi Shepard" have a quick conversation, then meet back at a hologram communication terminal and talk for less then a minute. Games like this need time, and part of me blames EA. EA is for sure a factor as to why it was rushed out when it did, because I can only imagine a team as dedicated as Bioware, given enough resources , would take as long as they needed to make the game into something to fit player expectations.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e49e9175da37
    deactivated-5e49e9175da37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

We have to be ready to whine. Anything less, and we're already dead.

imooumoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By imooumoo

@MikkaQ: Ah man. That hurts. I just don't want people to forget what Mass Effect stands for, and the effect it can have on a person. It might be the biggest gaming tragedy of all time so far, but Mass Effect 2 was also the biggest gaming triumph of all time so far.

Avatar image for james_giant_peach
    James_Giant_Peach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm really beginning to grow annoyed by this frequent misuse of the word 'entitled'.

owl_of_minerva

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By owl_of_minerva

@imooumoo said:

@MikkaQ: Ah man. That hurts. I just don't want people to forget what Mass Effect stands for, and the effect it can have on a person. It might be the biggest gaming tragedy of all time so far, but Mass Effect 2 was also the biggest gaming triumph of all time so far.

WUT.

imooumoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By imooumoo

@James_Giant_Peach: I'm also getting sick of a large portion of the gaming press that I listen to calling gamers entitled. It's made me abandon websites and podcasts I have listened to for years.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.