The fate of Conrad.

#1 Posted by Dross (311 posts) -

What do you guys want to happen to Shepard's #1 fan in ME3?  Do you think we will ever meet Mrs. Verner?

#2 Posted by DeeGee (2143 posts) -

He died off screen in ME2, if I recall.

#3 Posted by Dylabaloo (1549 posts) -
#4 Posted by Yummylee (22579 posts) -

His name will surely crop up - maybe he'll of actually managed to make a hero of himself during the invasion or something (dieing as a martyr), as a light hearted gesture to a man who wanted so hard to help humanity. 
Or maybe he'll once again appear for some comic relief were he'll completely fuck things up. Either way I hope he'll least get a mention, especially for 360 players since the ps3 lot won't even know he exists.

#5 Posted by TheDudeOfGaming (6078 posts) -

Did anyone find him annoying?

#6 Posted by Vorbis (2750 posts) -

He's not in ME2 on the PS3 so I wouldn't expect anything major from him. Probably just a brief appearance like in the previous games.

#7 Posted by TheSeductiveMoose (3625 posts) -

Wouldn't it be awesome if the fate of the entire universe rested solely on wether you choosed to be nice or not to Conrad?

#8 Posted by velucyraptor (357 posts) -
@TheSeductiveMoose said:
" Wouldn't it be awesome if the fate of the entire universe rested solely on wether you choosed to be nice or not to Conrad? "
Right before final boss fight he should just charge in screaming &shoot dead your entire squad
#9 Posted by Brendan (8168 posts) -

The big set-up for him taking over Shepard in Mass Effect 4 will take place in 3.  Duh.

#10 Posted by TheSeductiveMoose (3625 posts) -
@velucyraptor said:
" @TheSeductiveMoose said:
" Wouldn't it be awesome if the fate of the entire universe rested solely on wether you choosed to be nice or not to Conrad? "
Right before final boss fight he should just charge in screaming &shoot dead your entire squad "
I like the way you think.
#11 Posted by stafax (283 posts) -

I dont think he died in my game. I pointed a gun in his face in the first one, then I shot him in the foot in the 2nd one, I can't wait to harass him again in the 3rd one.

#12 Posted by eroticfishcake (7792 posts) -

I told him to stay at home in the first game. Never saw him anywhere in the second one. I must've gotten an e-mail off him though I can't recall anything like that.

#13 Posted by MooseyMcMan (11415 posts) -

Man, I had almost forgotten about that guy. He was right near that guy who was trying to return that thing in the market, and then was trying to get an exchange in the second game.  

I hope that guy shows up again, the one who's been having bad luck returning stuff on the Citadel. 

#14 Posted by Manhattan_Project (2178 posts) -
@eroticfishcake said:
" I told him to stay at home in the first game. Never saw him anywhere in the second one. I must've gotten an e-mail off him though I can't recall anything like that. "
No matter what you did in the first game, ME 2 assumes you were an asshole to him (Bug) so he is always in ME 2.
#15 Posted by T0mF5 (929 posts) -

What if he is actually a reaper?

#16 Posted by wh1terav3n (661 posts) -
@Manhattan_Project said:
" @eroticfishcake said:
" I told him to stay at home in the first game. Never saw him anywhere in the second one. I must've gotten an e-mail off him though I can't recall anything like that. "
No matter what you did in the first game, ME 2 assumes you were an asshole to him (Bug) so he is always in ME 2. "
Not quite true. You still have to have resolved the mission with him and not gotten him killed.
#17 Posted by Manhattan_Project (2178 posts) -
@wh1terav3n said:
" @Manhattan_Project said:
" @eroticfishcake said:
No matter what you did in the first game, ME 2 assumes you were an asshole to him (Bug) so he is always in ME 2. "
Not quite true. You still have to have resolved the mission with him and not gotten him killed. "
Like I said, the game is bugged. I got him killed in the ME and he still showed up in ME 2.
#18 Posted by DiscoDuck8k (499 posts) -
@velucyraptor said:
Right before final boss fight he should just charge in screaming &shoot dead your entire squad "
Unless there's a quick Renegade interrupt opportunity where you can shoot him again. Thus saving the day!
#19 Posted by velucyraptor (357 posts) -
@TheSeductiveMoose: (: 

@DiscoDuck8k said:
" @velucyraptor said:
Unless there's a quick Renegade interrupt opportunity where you can shoot him again. Thus saving the day! "
Renegade interrupt opportunity you run toward HIM screaming &get promptly riddled with bullets
#20 Posted by Napalm (9020 posts) -

Conrad Verner is a reaper!!1 

!1

#21 Posted by Catarrhal (860 posts) -
@Vorbis: Is that a fact? He doesn't make an appearance on the PlayStation? Damn… who else is missing? 

@stafax: If you shot him in the foot, then I've got some sad news for you: he's already dead. A news report can be heard on Illium. You can read more about that here. Don't feel bad, though; at least you're not playing the PS3 port (i.e. the abridged version).
#22 Posted by General_D23 (1201 posts) -
@Catarrhal said:
"@stafax: If you shot him in the foot, then I've got some sad news for you: he's already dead. A news report can be heard on Illium. You can read more about that here. Don't feel bad, though; at least you're not playing the PS3 port (i.e. the abridged version). "

According to a elevator news report in ME1, if you stuck a gun in his face, he supposedly got himself killed in a bar fight. 

So...maybe a running joke of Conrad getting himself killed each game?
#23 Posted by BraveToaster (12588 posts) -

I really need to play ME1 again. I don't remember what I did to him.

#24 Posted by SumDeus (1857 posts) -

Oh man did I hate him...I was nice though -_-

#25 Posted by impalerXZ (85 posts) -

I like Conrad, he makes me smile. Not everyone has to be grim and gloomy or SUPER BADASS all the time.

#26 Posted by Catarrhal (860 posts) -
@General_D23 said:
"So… maybe a running joke of Conrad getting himself killed each game?"
Actually, you may be right! And I think we're all on board for the continuing adventures of Conrad V.
#27 Posted by stafax (283 posts) -
@Catarrhal said:
@stafax: If you shot him in the foot, then I've got some sad news for you: he's already dead. A news report can be heard on Illium. You can read more about that here. Don't feel bad, though; at least you're not playing the PS3 port (i.e. the abridged version). "
Oh crap, but bullying him is sooo fuuuuuun :( 

Oh well, I was planning on eventually playing through the game again anyways to try to get the best ending, because Kelly ended up dying since I didn't  immediately go to save the crew. I'll probably play through it again a month or two before ME 3 comes out, just to warm up for it.  And when I do that, I'll still be mean but I wont shoot him :P
#28 Posted by AlisterCat (5733 posts) -

Hopefully they will steal that story that Jolee Bindo tells in KOTOR where his friend thought he was destined for greatness and ended up saving the galaxy by getting killed and his body getting jammed in a ship. If Conrad could do that it'd be hilarious.

#29 Posted by DoctorTran (1575 posts) -

I honestly hope he becomes a villain to some capacity.

#30 Posted by Trebz (487 posts) -

Conrad being a reaper would be the most insane, ridiculous, genius plot twist in the history of anything ever. Especially if it turned out that he was/is the Big Bad Reaper. 

#31 Posted by hermes (1611 posts) -

He is like the Johnny Sasaki of the Mass Effect story at this point. 
I think its safe to expect him making a cameo in Mass Effect 3, where you can piss him  off again.

#32 Posted by CenturionCajun (1461 posts) -

I vote he becomes a huge hero during the invasion of Earth. Saves a bunch of children or something and finally gets some recognition. You can then either be a dick or congratulate him.

#33 Posted by Roger778 (960 posts) -

In my latest playthrough as FemSheperd, I asked him to go home politely.  I'm pretty sure that means he doesn't come back in ME2.  I don't know if he will come back in ME3, but that would be a nice surprise.
#34 Posted by Edwardryu (440 posts) -

he will reappear in mass effect 3 according to mass effect wiki. but I don't care.

#35 Posted by Divina_Rex (351 posts) -

@TheSeductiveMoose said:

Wouldn't it be awesome if the fate of the entire universe rested solely on wether you choosed to be nice or not to Conrad?

Funny thing is that there was a glitch in the 360 version where not matter if you nice to him or not in ME1 he talked about how you weren't nice to him last time you guys met.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.