Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Mass Effect 3

Game » consists of 19 releases. Released Mar 06, 2012

When Earth begins to fall in an ancient cycle of destruction, Commander Shepard must unite the forces of the galaxy to stop the Reapers in the final chapter of the original Mass Effect trilogy.

The riginal original ending (ME1 era)? (spoilers)

• 56 results
    Beaudacious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By Beaudacious

I think all that matters is Karpyshyn delivered on ME1 and ME2, the first game without him did not deliver. No matter the ending be it dark energy or rogue AI if Karpyshyn were around I trust him to have delivered. So even if the Dark Energy ending sounds silly, I would of trusted Karpyshyn to deliver a great narrative experience..

defaultprophet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#52  Edited By defaultprophet

@Beaudacious said:

I think all that matters is Karpyshyn delivered on ME1 and ME2, the first game without him did not deliver. No matter the ending be it dark energy or rogue AI if Karpyshyn were around I trust him to have delivered. So even if the Dark Energy ending sounds silly, I would of trusted Karpyshyn to deliver a great narrative experience..

I think you need to go back and play ME3 if you don't think it delivers a great narrative experience. All the story beats with various characters are spot. on. I just went back and did a Renegade run and telling Garrus about what I did to gain Salarian support? I had to put the game down and walk away from it. It was that rough.

veektarius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 1

#53  Edited By veektarius

The concept of eating humans like a magic mushroom to defeat Dark Energy is a huge hand-wave. I think that this plotline also fails to deliver on the original 'beyond your comprehension' claim, which was one of the complaints I've seen about the real ME3 ending. Nah, the more I think about it, the less I can see the logic behind it holding up, but who can say without seeing the whole thing.

It does explain about Haestrom though. I always wondered why they focused on the screwed up sun never to address it again.

feliciano182

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By feliciano182

@Veektarius: Nobody has adressed that The Reapers' might've very well been programmed to engage in psychological warfare, instilling fear and uncertainty could be a perfectly effective demoralizing tactic.

project343

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#55  Edited By project343

I'm starting to feel like Karpyshyn is way overrated. After replaying through KOTORII (Obsidian's superior take on KOTOR), seeing the entire Jedi Knight story in SWTOR, and reading his books... the guy is a completely conventional bore. This proposed ending really doesn't sound too interesting; I prefer the actual ending (based on what we know).

Normandy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By Normandy

No what should have happened instead of this ending or the ending we got is that shepard turns into a super saiyan goes though the relay into dark space he can because he is a super saiyan destroys all the reapers returns though a exploding black hole spirit bomb's the citidel then live it up on lillium.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.