Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Mass Effect 3

Game » consists of 19 releases. Released Mar 06, 2012

When Earth begins to fall in an ancient cycle of destruction, Commander Shepard must unite the forces of the galaxy to stop the Reapers in the final chapter of the original Mass Effect trilogy.

The Two Final Mass Effect 3 DLCs!

• 71 results
    Avatar image for smashedcontrollers
    SmasheControllers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

@shevar: That your opinion and it's 100% valid, I won't say this stuff shouldn't have been in the game.

Personally I think the Multiplayer team, Bioware Montreal, did I better job than the main team overall. The multiplayer introduces a ton of new elements and stuck close to the lore.

Avatar image for deactivated-60a530ec4d635
    deactivated-60a530ec4d635

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@smashecontrollers: Yeah the thing is, I understand not everything could have been in the game from the start because of time-constraint and other technical issues you might have during development. I totally understand. It's just that Mass Effect 3 felt more like an action game than the the previous two and felt somehow disconnected from the characters of the previous games. It's like the only intention there was in this game was to blow up everything (in the literal sense) you cared for in 1 and 2.

Now they bring in content to enrich the experience and also remind us why Mass Effect was so friggin' awesome, but it's just to late. Maybe when I get around to play them again I might buy it, but for now I will hold off.

Avatar image for deactivated-60481185a779c
    deactivated-60481185a779c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Reckoning Multiplayer Trailer

I haven't touched ME3 for a while but I'm still impressed and surprised that they keep outputting new MP content free of charge. Always makes me keen to jump back in.

P.S. How do I embed YouTube videos in my posts? Doesn't seem to work now.

Rebel_Scum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

@shevar said:

they bring out Leviathan to back up their ending (WHY WASN'T THIS INCLUDED IN THE GAME).

Than later we get Omega, which was telegraphed from the beginning this would become DLC just from the conversation with Aria (again, WHY WASN'T THIS INCLUDED IN THE GAME).

And now we get Citadel where you do a final mission with most of the squad members from Mass Effect 1 & 2 (yet again, WHY WASN'T THIS INCLUDED IN THE GAME!!!)

@shevar said:

@smashecontrollers: Yeah the thing is, I understand not everything could have been in the game from the start because of time-constraint and other technical issues you might have during development. I totally understand.

I don't think you do understand lol.

sjosz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@smashecontrollers: Keep in mind though, that all the multiplayer DLC that was released was done in Edmonton. Montreal made the multiplayer mode/stuff that shipped with the game.

haggis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#56  Edited By haggis

I'll be doing one last run through ME3 with all the DLC to get the full experience, so I'll probably pick up the Citadel bit. I actually enjoyed the ME3 multiplayer--and I hardly ever play online. But as much as I enjoyed it, I'd much rather stay in the single-player campaign. I do think the multiplayer DLC for ME3 has been pretty decent, though.

crimson26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By crimson26

Interesting ill likely do one final playtrough once all dlc is out. Yet to do any of them yet.

SmasheControllers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sjosz: Huh? Couldn't remember who did what, either way they took better care of the multiplayer than the singleplayer.

Roger778

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By Roger778

I've started another playthrough of the Mass Effect games,simply because I love them so much. I'm playing as the female Shepard (mainly because I think Jennifer Hale is the better voice actor of the two). I recently downloaded Bring Down the Sky Mission for ME1, and Overlord for ME2. I already tried out Lair of the Shadow Broker, and Kasumi's DLC, both of which were awesome. I think I'm going to have to buy a huge amount of Microsoft points this month because I haven't tried out Arrival, From Ashes, and Leviathan yet.

Now, there's this final ME3 Single-Player DLC, that sounds like excellent fan-service to everyone who has been committed to this trilogy. I can't wait to try it out, and rekindle my friendships with my teammates.

jeanluc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 13

#60 jeanluc  Staff
    Loading Video...

I'm not going to lie, This trailer gives me good feelings.

AngelN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

*sniff* ... Normandy! ... I gotta get that DLC now god damnit!

Zirilius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#62  Edited By Zirilius

I'll be stopping my Dead Space 3 playthrough to play this.

mrfluke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

this dlc, and leviathan should have been in the main game, mass effect 3 should have been delayed some more just to add this dlc, it would have given enough foreshadowing to make the ending much easier to tolerate instead of the piss poor way they dealt with it on the retail game.

MiniPato

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jeanluc said:
    Loading Video...

I'm not going to lie, This trailer gives me good feelings.

Ya know, I never really minded male-Shepard's voice. But that "Normandeeee!" at the end sounded like a robot trying to emulate human emotion.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

It depresses me how that trailer has now proven the fact that I no longer care about Mass Effect anymore. I was trying to emulate a sense of giddiness at such a fan-servicey send off while watching the trailer, yet I can't help but shrug at it all.

Avatar image for deactivated-61665c8292280
    deactivated-61665c8292280

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Welp. Looks like I should probably buy all this shit before I replay the series.

It was nice knowing you for that short while, Mr. Hard-Earned Dollar.

MikkaQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By MikkaQ

Oh hey, it's this game. I remember this game. It wasn't very good.

SmasheControllers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

StarvingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 25

I'm so tired of the delusion that if this wasn't DLC it would have been included in the main game. The reality is if this wasn't DLC it never would have existed outside of a few scraps of unfinished content.

MikeJFlick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Unless they join your crew afterwards I don't see the point of playing this.

Avatar image for deactivated-59694a80bc6d9
    deactivated-59694a80bc6d9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

@gamer_152 said:

@smashecontrollers: Okay, sounds like it might be more to do with talking with your squadmates than I thought, but the way this bit from Bioware is written, it still sounds like the mission is a huge part, if not the core of the DLC, and that in itself it's a way for users to reconnect with those characters. The thing is, when Mass Effect 3 itself was largely about seeing those characters for the last time, and a pretty big deal was made near the end of the game about saying goodbye to your squad, it kind of devalues the idea of this being the "Say goodbye to those characters you like" DLC. That's not to say the idea of seeing all those guys again doesn't get me kind of excited, but it still seems like a "One last hurrah" DLC built onto a game that was a "One last hurrah" already.

You just hit the nail on the head, especially with that spoiler-text. This would have been great before Mass Effect 3 but, given the circumstances...

joeybagad0nutz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'll do it....For Garrus!

gregispurple

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Herk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#74  Edited By Herk

@Shevar This is not something that I think would fit in the game originally, it's almost like a wacky Saints Row mission. Pure fan service with internal jokes and goofy extra stuff and I loved every second of it.

I agree that Leviathan should've been in the game and maybe Omega, but this honestly wouldn't fit with the rest of the game if it came on the disc.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.