The "What's your Love Interest?" Thread

#1 Posted by SmasheControllers (2550 posts) -

#2 Posted by SmasheControllers (2550 posts) -

My male Shepard stayed true to Liara.

#3 Posted by Pinworm45 (4088 posts) -

I banged Ashley in the first game and tried to bang her in this game but failed. I have absolutely no idea why, It talked to her after every single mission, but yeah, it failed. I was kind of pissed I didn't tap that ass.

#4 Edited by innacces14 (735 posts) -

Tali. Loved the banter between Shepard and Tali. Also be sure to bring Garrus along for the Geth Dreadnaught mission. Third wheel moment. haha

#5 Posted by JacDG (2124 posts) -

Liara, then Miranda, and then Miranda again, although I almost picked Traynor or Liara, probably should have.

#6 Posted by TheIronYuppie (120 posts) -

Keep it true, keep it blue.

#7 Posted by Captain_Felafel (1573 posts) -

Liara from ME1 through to ME3. Stayed true to blue.

#8 Posted by Tim_the_Corsair (3065 posts) -

Ashley in 1, even though I didn't like her much. Tali in 2 and want to continue with her in 3 when I get her back, as she is a great character and has a nice arse...I mean, arc.

I wish I had saved Kaidan - he was a bit of a judgmental bitch in the first game, but cool character overall.

#9 Posted by hibikino (21 posts) -

ME 1 was Ashley, then in ME 2, Tali, and then in ME 3, I had wanted to go back to Tali again but nah, I guess I couldn't get pass the helmet. Lol.

#10 Posted by SketchPanic (55 posts) -

Jack, and I'm one of the few people who DIDN'T GET A PASSIONATE MOMENT WITH HER!!! D:<

You can sleep with everyone else... BUT JACK!!! FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU...

#11 Posted by phampire (285 posts) -

liara, tali and then tali again.

#12 Posted by huntad (1939 posts) -

No one in ME1, Tali, then Tali.

#13 Posted by Venatio (4491 posts) -

Liara is without a doubt the best love interest to have and my favorite character, second best is Tali

My lady Shepard stayed faithful to her throughout Mass Effect 1, 2 and 3

#14 Edited by eroticfishcake (7786 posts) -

Looks like Kaidan, Steve and Samantha are pretty popular...(I didn't even know Samantha was an LI).

Also Garrus. In comparison to the other LIs I thought his was the best, unlike some other dextro-based team mate...

#15 Posted by Village_Guy (2574 posts) -

I went with Samantha Traynor <3 :P

#16 Posted by Tylea002 (2295 posts) -

As with all Romance threads, the debate is this: Liara vs Tali.

Liara wins.

#17 Posted by Dany (7887 posts) -

I stuck with liara through the trilogy and it was worth it, paid off real dividends.

#18 Posted by Marokai (2961 posts) -

ME1: Liara
ME2: Tali
ME3: Cortez

My Shepard went through a couple years of searching his inner self before realizing he was attracted to men.

#19 Posted by AlisterCat (5560 posts) -

I wonder if you still get to see Tali's face if you don't have a relationship with her.

#20 Posted by Brodehouse (9949 posts) -

I stayed with Liara. I feel like her growth to ruthlessness was inspired by my Shepard, I also like that she seems like the smart one and I'm the dumb one.

I think everyone in that first game got way better throughout the series. They all have great arcs except for Wrex (he's almost dumber now somehow). I think they figured out that people want the hyper-capable as their squad members, not weak-kneed women who quail in fright. Liara and Tali were especially saved from the scrappy heap in ME2.

#21 Posted by Brodehouse (9949 posts) -

Also as much as I love Garrus, he works best as a brother-in-arms. My Shepard was a lady and it still felt like her and Garrus were hetero lifemates.

#22 Posted by TaliciaDragonsong (8699 posts) -

Garrus.

He knows how to calibrate my emotions.

#23 Posted by ckeats (489 posts) -

Liaria in the first game, Miranada in the next 2. Someone pointed out somewhere that if you break up with Miranada, your another man who let her down after her father, the illusive man, that dude who sold her sister out, etc. it hits hard if she dies. After saving her, it just felt more rewarding in the 3rd game. Also dat ass.

#24 Posted by rjayb89 (7721 posts) -

@AlisterCat: I saw her remove her mask at Rannoch but the camera just stays behind her while your Shepard moves forward and probably sees what's behind it.

#25 Posted by WinterSnowblind (7616 posts) -

Female Shepard, with Liara. Mainly because of she's one of the few that carries through all three games. If more options were available from the start, I might have gone with someone else.. but Kaiden was incredibly dull, I'm glad he at least got some personality in 3.

I also had a brief thing with Kelly, I like that they developed her into a proper romance option in 3, but again, it just comes too late.

#26 Posted by AlisterCat (5560 posts) -

@rjayb89 said:

@AlisterCat: I saw her remove her mask at Rannoch but the camera just stays behind her while your Shepard moves forward and probably sees what's behind it.

I know she does that, but if you are in a relationship she leaves a photo of herself in your cabin. I assume that doesn't happen otherwise.

#27 Posted by AndrewB (7611 posts) -

Liara for Adrian Shepard, then Kaidan for Desra Shepard: space badass. I also have my original save file with Tali, but if I'll have the time for that is the larger question.

#28 Posted by rjayb89 (7721 posts) -

@AlisterCat said:

@rjayb89 said:

I know she does that, but if you are in a relationship she leaves a photo of herself in your cabin. I assume that doesn't happen otherwise.

Yup, that's about it. No photo left.

Anyway, I romanced Liara in the first, then Thane in the second, then continued with Thane then I pretty much had not choice but to come back to Liara.

#29 Edited by SamStrife (1282 posts) -

@innacces14 said:

Tali. Loved the banter between Shepard and Tali. Also be sure to bring Garrus along for the Geth Dreadnaught mission. Third wheel moment. haha

This... I laughed hard when Garrus told them to "work it out"

ME1: Liara then the other two games I chose Tali. I would like to see what it's like if you stick with Liara through all 3 games but I had a pretty epic moment in 2 where Liara opened her heart to me but understood that Tali was the girl for me...

Tali <3

#30 Posted by DonChipotle (2750 posts) -

It has been and always will be Ashley. She is the best one.

#31 Posted by Grixxel (766 posts) -

Tali. Every since the first ME, only one I liked.

#32 Posted by Grixxel (766 posts) -

Also, If you can romance Thane in ME2, who I think is awesome, wat goes down in ME3? Nothing much changes?

#33 Posted by Dimsey (954 posts) -

Went with Liara in the first game, bugged she wasn't a crew member in the second and without thinking of future repercussions for ME3 or DLC.  
I went with Tali in Mass Effect 2 before making my way back to Liara in ME3.

#34 Posted by rjayb89 (7721 posts) -

@Grixxel said:

Also, If you can romance Thane in ME2, who I think is awesome, wat goes down in ME3? Nothing much changes?

You can have a make-out session with him in the hospital is all. It's pretty disturbing really, with all the lip-smacking sounds and stuff.

#35 Posted by Grixxel (766 posts) -

@rjayb89: :|

#36 Posted by Hector (3364 posts) -

Ashley, then Miranda and now I'm back with Ashley.

#37 Posted by AhmadMetallic (18955 posts) -

Anything that moves, of course. And doesn't have a penis.

#38 Posted by Tyashki (213 posts) -

@Marokai said:

ME1: Liara ME2: Tali ME3: Cortez My Shepard went through a couple years of searching his inner self before realizing he was attracted to men.

ME1: Kaidan

ME2: Garrus

ME3: Traynor

My Shepard went through a couples years off searching her inner self before realizing she was attracted to women. Proper English women.

#39 Posted by Gatehouse (623 posts) -

Went Liara, then Garrus and then back to blue.

#40 Posted by SeanFoster (868 posts) -

@JacDG said:

Liara, then Miranda, and then Miranda again, although I almost picked Traynor or Liara, probably should have.

I had the exact same romance history as you but actually tried to hook up with Traynor.....all I'll say is, she REALLY likes the sound of EDI's voice.

#41 Posted by kmv_007 (42 posts) -

I was banging any female thing I could. First Ashley, then Miranda, then ended with Liara. Tried to continue with Ashley in ME3 but she was being bitchy about Miranda and didn't want to talk again. And I did try to continue with both Ashley and Miranda, but I guess they talked or something because I couldn't continue a romance with either one. Liara was cool with sloppy seconds (or thirds in this case) though.

I think that Liara is supposed to be THE ONE, since she could be romanced in all 3, and the payout at the end of ME3 with her as the LI... I don't think in can be matched by the other characters. Garrus was definitely a bromance - I expected a fist-bump or bro-hug with that good-bye.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.