The worst affront to continuity

#1 Posted by smcn (916 posts) -

Just playing through the first two games again. I know a lot of people are upset about the apparent change in motivation and purpose of the Reapers in 3, but I believe I've found an even more horrifying breakdown in continuity and consistency of lore: REFUND GUY IS DIFFERENT IN ALL 3 GAMES. In the first game we meet him in the wards market, trying to get a refund for an unnamed "mod". In the second game "he" can be found at a warehouse in Zakera Ward and names the item he's trying to recoup his funds for: a "Cision Omnigel Converter". While this could be considered a mod, there's just one problem, demonstrated in the following side-by-side comparison photo:

Left, refund guy in Mass Effect. Right, refund guy in Mass Effect 2. Notice anything?

As if that's bad enough, if you choose to support the merchant he's STILL trying to get a refund from in the third game, he says he was trying to get a refund for a TOASTER OVEN? Why the change in story, BioWare? Do you expect us to believe there are THREE DIFFERENT GUYS trying to get refunds on the Citadel throughout the 3 games, and that we just HAPPEN to run into them? I demand ANSWERS! Give us REFUND GUY DLC, or give us a REFUND!

#2 Posted by briangodsoe (487 posts) -

Where is Refund Shields when you need him?

#3 Posted by Turambar (6713 posts) -

This thread is a'okay.

#4 Posted by Animasta (14667 posts) -

at this point mocking the people angry about the ending is now lame.

we must now mock the people who mock the people who are angry at the ending.

#5 Posted by TEHMAXXORZ (1199 posts) -

If I can't punch, headbutt or shoot him in the foot, I'm not interested...

#6 Posted by NakAttack (1289 posts) -

@Animasta said:

It is the only way I can feel anymore.

#7 Posted by Ace829 (2083 posts) -

Fuck you guys, this thread was hilarious! OP is followed.

#8 Posted by BrockNRolla (1702 posts) -

@Animasta said:

Complaining about people who are upset is just as lame.

I found this to be pretty funny.

#9 Posted by andrew2696 (304 posts) -

This needs a motto like "Retake the Toaster."

#10 Posted by LassieME (230 posts) -

This is pretty awesome.

#11 Posted by TheHumanDove (2523 posts) -

Does bioware have no shame?

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.