Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Mass Effect 3

Game » consists of 19 releases. Released Mar 06, 2012

When Earth begins to fall in an ancient cycle of destruction, Commander Shepard must unite the forces of the galaxy to stop the Reapers in the final chapter of the original Mass Effect trilogy.

Weird thing with the Mission Summary list.

BoringK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 27

#1  Edited By BoringK

Every time I go to the Mission Summary list under Journal, the cursor starts in the middle of the missions I've already completed, and I have to scroll way, way up to see current missions. Anyone else have this dumb thing happen to them? Anyone know a fix for it?

MooseyMcMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#2  Edited By MooseyMcMan

The same thing happened to me too. If you change how it sorts the missions it'll bring it to the top, but if you have a lot of fetch quests, then it can be tricky to find what you want anyway.

rjayb89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

#3  Edited By rjayb89

Yeah, it's pretty annoying. I just press Y or whatever the button that sorts that list is for you to get to the top of that shit.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#4  Edited By Yummylee

The entire quest log is busted. They don't even update which makes all of those gotta fetch 'em all quests even more of a chore to undertake

BoringK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 27

#5  Edited By BoringK

Yeah, I guess the sorting trick works. I'm close to the end and I've only got two active quests right now, so it's sort of a moot point. Still dumb, though.

@Abyssfull said:

The entire quest log is busted. They don't even update which makes all of those gotta fetch 'em all quests even more of a chore to undertake

True that.
    Brendan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#6  Edited By Brendan

The quest log is definitely badly designed. It took me until about 3/4 of the way through the game to figure out the sorting trick.

MooseyMcMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By MooseyMcMan

@BoringK said:

Yeah, I guess the sorting trick works. I'm close to the end and I've only got two active quests right now, so it's sort of a moot point. Still dumb, though.

@Abyssfull said:

True that.

The worst part is that I was replaying ME2 recently, and the quest log is WAY better in that game. It updates things, and tells you the system planets are in, unlike ME3 where there were instances where I was told to go to a planet to get a thing, but nothing about what system or cluster it was in.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Yummylee

@MooseyMcMan said:

@BoringK said:

@Abyssfull said:

True that.

The worst part is that I was replaying ME2 recently, and the quest log is WAY better in that game. It updates things, and tells you the system planets are in, unlike ME3 where there were instances where I was told to go to a planet to get a thing, but nothing about what system or cluster it was in.

And remember when we didn't have to scour a system without any idea if there was even anything to find? Can't believe they didn't put up the % meter at the start to let you know whether you're just wasting your time scanning for nothing or not.. Playing ME3 has made me appreciate a lot of the smaller details in ME2 all that more.

MooseyMcMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By MooseyMcMan

@Abyssfull said:

@MooseyMcMan said:

@BoringK said:

@Abyssfull said:

True that.

And remember when we didn't have to scour a system without any idea if there was even anything to find? Can't believe they didn't put up the % meter at the start to let you know whether you're just wasting your time scanning for nothing or not.. Playing ME3 has made me appreciate a lot of the smaller details in ME2 all that more.

I agree completely. It's even more apparently when you beat ME3 one day and then decide to replay ME2 (again) the following day. No quick save in ME2 (on consoles) though. You win some, you lose some.

For the record, before that week ended, I also started playing ME3 again (to beat it on Insanity). Yes, I'm crazy.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Yummylee

@MooseyMcMan: Personally, I never used the quick-save. Not like I was intentionally avoiding it, it's just I was so used to how it's always been done that I never even gave it a second thought. I never found the original save system a hassle or anything so I was very content in keeping with the old ways :P

onan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 10

#11  Edited By onan

@Abyssfull said:

@MooseyMcMan said:

@BoringK said:

@Abyssfull said:

True that.

Yeah, and it all became really frustrating whenever you had to drill down a menu or two, specifically when you tried to buy something from the citadel shops while in the Normandy cargo bay. Every time you backed out of a menu, it would dump you off near the top. Also, when changing armor, you needed to know EXACTLY what it is you wanted to wear because it takes like a full minute until all of the armor loads up and you can SEE it displayed on shepard. You also had no indication what was new or not. With modular armor, it would show you a number, and you'd have to wait until that number turned into a name for whatever reason, making it all more confusing than it had to be.

How did Mass Effect 1 get this right and they managed to screw it up in ME3?

There were also a bunch of straight up broken quest chains. While I managed to make it through and complete all of them, there were many occasions where I could accidentally re-enable segments of quests, like the Kasumi Goto terminal scanning bits.

Quicksave was a godsend in this game.

warxsnake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#12  Edited By warxsnake

the UI among other things suffers from being a port, its not terrible but could be better if there was a profile for the game personalized for KB/M. Everything on PC on that game still feels like it would be great if a controller was being used, which is ironic since its one of the few recent multiplats with absolutely no controller support. 

smcn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#13  Edited By smcn

@warxsnake said:

the UI among other things suffers from being a port, its not terrible but could be better if there was a profile for the game personalized for KB/M. Everything on PC on that game still feels like it would be great if a controller was being used, which is ironic since its one of the few recent multiplats with absolutely no controller support.

Judging by a couple posts in this thread it seems like some aspects of the UI are easier to work with on PC. With the quest log you can get to the top in a second since there's a scrollbar (although it's a stupid bug to begin with). Shopping in the shuttle bay is also easier since you can double-click to buy/enter a menu and hit esc to go back. Some aspects are also improved from ME2, i.e. hitting esc while examining a planet no longer kicks you back to the Normandy (something that infuriated me when I went back to play 2 after finishing 3)

The quest log thing doesn't really bother me though, since just like ME2 you never really need to use it. Locations for the priority missions are pointed out on the Galaxy Map. The artifact/scanning side-missions pretty much complete themselves if you're diligent with scanning, and nearly all of them will add a name to the Citadel map when it's time to turn them in (the only one I've noticed that doesn't is the asari in Purgatory).

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.