What did you get/want in your commendation pack?

#1 Edited by SuperWristBands (2266 posts) -

So the packs are going out slowly and I just checked mine out. If you aren't aware, they were given out if you finished a multiplayer match on silver or gold against the reapers over the weekend and these packs have a 100% chance for a N7 rarity weapon.

Anyway, I got the Eagle which is... cool? Honestly I don't even know what the weapons are that have the N7 rarity BUT THEY ARE RARE SO IT'S COOL!

I use pistols occasionally so I'll be sure to give it a try.

#2 Posted by roughneck117 (186 posts) -

I got a goddamned shotgun, which I never use, but its also fucking weighty, so even a pistol bumps the weight into the redzone, so im never going to use the fucking thing because I like my confrontations at a distance, usually with an assault rifle, which incidentally is something I never get. Goddamned random cards.

#3 Posted by SuperWristBands (2266 posts) -
@roughneck117: That's how I play too. I was hoping for an assault rifle in the pack (if there even is one). My friend got the Valiant, which if I recall correctly what he said then it is a sniper, has three rounds per clip, fires fast and maybe has the same power as the Wraith? It sounds really good compared to a pistol!

Oh well. Maybe if they do it again I can get something better :p
#4 Posted by Red_R0B0T (32 posts) -

I got the pistol as well (the eagle, right?) It seems okay. I use a pistol with the engineer and adept, so it'll see some play. I did notice it was an "Eagle I" (as opposed to Eagle X) so maybe these will be available at some point in some special super duper pack.

#5 Posted by UlquioKani (1026 posts) -

Got an Eagle.I can't remember but was their an assault rifle available.

#6 Posted by sate2801 (344 posts) -

I got the N7 hurricane, enjoying it so far except it's a tad heavy and can't hit anything if not in cover.

oh and each time I fire it someone in the party bound to yell "WTF I hear a turret but we are fighting reaper/geth!!" lol

#7 Posted by sate2801 (344 posts) -
#8 Posted by Jaytow (693 posts) -

I got the sniper, I wanted anything but the sniper.

#9 Posted by allgrinzz (161 posts) -

I got the N7 Hurricane.. wich.. made me sad... :( The recoil on it is ridiculous, like Sate2801 said, if you aren't in cover, good luck actually tagging something as it's cone just goes insane in short order. I fell right back to using pistols as I think that is another SMG that's going to sit on the shelf for me. :/

#10 Posted by StarvingGamer (7991 posts) -

Yeah I got the smg blehhh but whatever, all I need is my Vindicator anyways.

#11 Posted by Brodehouse (9583 posts) -
@allgrinzz The trick is to fire it at the hip from mid-range. If you aim down the sights, it's worthless.
#12 Posted by MrMuscle (443 posts) -

I got the eagle but i was hoping for the shotgun to test out with my Vanguard. 

#13 Edited by Mnemoidian (955 posts) -

Got the Crusader. Meh. Had hoped for the Hurricane - though I doubt I'd use either much.

I'll give the Crusader a couple of tries, with a Krogan or something.

But yeah, bet the Hurricane works much better from the hip, similarily to the Predator pistol.

edit: I'm a bit concerned that the N7 weapons won't hold up either way, seeing how I've got a ton of level X weapons.

#14 Posted by Pinworm45 (4088 posts) -

Got the Valient, wanted the Valient. Pretty happy about it.

#15 Posted by Karkarov (2980 posts) -

Wow that sucks you cant get the N7 assault rifle? Well truthfullly the valiant is probably the best of them but meh the ar is useful at least.

#16 Edited by phrosnite (3518 posts) -

I got N7 Eagle Pistol! Trying it right now!

Edit: Meh. It looks really cool but the Carnifex and Paladin are still waaaaaaaay better pistols.

#17 Posted by allgrinzz (161 posts) -

@Brodehouse: Will try that, been trying to use it aiming, and the recoil is just ridiculous. End up aiming at sky if i don't pin the stick to the bottom using ADS heh.

#18 Edited by Seppli (10251 posts) -

Got the N7 Crusader shotgun (slug-style semi auto), which is a neat piece of hardware for some duck-hunting-style fun. Got a Geth Plasma Shotgun upgrade from the victory pack, which is neat too.

#19 Posted by TheHT (10876 posts) -

Got a Claymore. Wish I got a Disciple.

#20 Posted by Marz (5642 posts) -

Got an N7 Valiant sniper rifle, I like using it for my non infiltrator classes.

#21 Posted by Mr_Skeleton (5137 posts) -

M-98 Widow!

#22 Posted by solidwolf52 (300 posts) -

I never got mine...so yea... fuck everything about this company today

#23 Posted by big_jon (5709 posts) -

I still have not unlocked a Krogan, fuck that game.

#24 Edited by MentalDisruption (1618 posts) -

I got the N7 eagle pistol, which thank god, because I need a good pistol for my engineer.

#25 Posted by SuperWristBands (2266 posts) -
@Mr_Skeleton said:

M-98 Widow!

Isn't that a non-N7 weapon? Did you get that in the Victory pack?
#26 Posted by Deranged (1837 posts) -

I got the N7 Wraith and it's an absolute BEAST!

#27 Posted by TEHMAXXORZ (1199 posts) -

@roughneck117: Something tells me you aren't Krogan.

#28 Posted by CenturionCajun (1461 posts) -

Got the N7 sniper rifle. It looks cool but is only level one and my level 2 Widow is far better. Perhaps if I get a couple more levels of it in future. Still, it's cool they are doing things like this.

#29 Posted by huntad (1930 posts) -

I got the Shotgun, and I mainly use shotguns. All I ever get are shotguns. How do they know I like shotguns?! Shotguns..

#30 Edited by Tennmuerti (7998 posts) -

Got the N7 Eagle.
Fucking piece of shit gun.

To everyone who got the Eagle, throw that bitch in the garbage.
The starting Predator pistol does more dmg per shot, weights less, has better rate of fire, is more accurate, has less recoil.
The only thing Eagle has over it is 3 more bullets in the clip and dubious automatic nature if you have a slow trigger finger.

(yes eagle has lower rate of fire then the predator, the ingame stat bars are a joke, just like they are in most online shooters)
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/lv?key=0Aor1WdVV3kD6dGw1SlNDUzFjODlheGl5a3JLdXZZVXc&toomany=true#gid=0

This is even beside the point that it is super easy to upgrade the Predator to the X version and make it absolutely devastating.
Whereas good luck trying to upgrade that eagle past rank I.

Edit: just tried out the Eagle with my Asari Adept, almost barfed at how bad this gun is even in practic compared to the basic Predator

#31 Posted by Cataphract1014 (1313 posts) -

I got the crusader.

It is amazing.

#32 Posted by DEMONOLOGY_24 (521 posts) -

you know what I wish you could trade weapons with other people it would make things less painful

#33 Posted by HatKing (5815 posts) -

@DEMONOLOGY_24 said:

you know what I wish you could trade weapons with other people it would make things less painful

This.

I got the shotty. I don't really care, to be honest. Sounds like the only weapon really worth getting out of the lot was the sniper, and I've yet to use one. I'm more happy with the spike launcher shotgun thing I got in the pack that everybody got. I don't know what its stats are like, but at least it shoots fucking rebar or railroad spikes or something... that's cool. I would have much rather the pack have a 100% chance to unlock a character you don't have or just give me all the customization options to one I did have.

#34 Posted by Mr_Skeleton (5137 posts) -

@SuperWristBands said:

@Mr_Skeleton said:

M-98 Widow!

Yes to both questions.

#35 Posted by Tennmuerti (7998 posts) -
@Mr_Skeleton said:

@SuperWristBands said:

@Mr_Skeleton said:

M-98 Widow!

Yes to both questions.

The reason he asked is that people are talking about the commendation pack.
Which is what you get for completing a reaper levl of at least silver difficulty.
The commendation pack gave everyone a guaranteed N7 type weapon which are above gold and are normally ultra rare.
#36 Posted by Mr_Skeleton (5137 posts) -

@Tennmuerti said:

@Mr_Skeleton said:

@SuperWristBands said:

@Mr_Skeleton said:

M-98 Widow!

Yes to both questions.

The reason he asked is that people are talking about the commendation pack. Which is what you get for completing a reaper levl of at least silver difficulty. The commendation pack gave everyone a guaranteed N7 type weapon which are above gold and are normally ultra rare.

So you are saying I got screwed? :(

#37 Posted by Bocam (3670 posts) -

@Mr_Skeleton: Pretty much

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.