Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Mass Effect 3

Game » consists of 19 releases. Released Mar 06, 2012

When Earth begins to fall in an ancient cycle of destruction, Commander Shepard must unite the forces of the galaxy to stop the Reapers in the final chapter of the original Mass Effect trilogy.

What if everyone died? (ME2) Spoilers

AcidBrandon18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By AcidBrandon18

By everyone I mean everyone but you, because I know if you died the save wouldn't carry over. Because I just beat ME3 with a save where everyone lived plus all the DLC. So is Garrus and Miranda not even in it?

ajamafalous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#2  Edited By ajamafalous

I'm pretty sure the worst ending where Shepard lives in ME2 still had two other characters surviving.

AcidBrandon18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By AcidBrandon18

Also Garrus and Tali are party members. What happens if they died? Did someone replace them?

Mnemoidian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 26

#4  Edited By Mnemoidian

Don't know, but worst case scenario: (minor, minor spoiler?)

Liara and Vega are not part of the suicide mission, so you'd always have those?

So I guess that even if they aren't replaced, you'd always have a minimum of 2. My ME3 save is fairly "perfect" though, so no first hand information. I can imagine things being much more dire though.

ttocs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#5  Edited By ttocs
    @Mnemoidian said:

Don't know, but worst case scenario: (minor, minor spoiler?)

So I guess that even if they aren't replaced, you'd always have a minimum of 2. My ME3 save is fairly "perfect" though, so no first hand information. I can imagine things being much more dire though.

I was thinking the same thing.  You'd definitely have a handful to work with and if you have the from ashes DLC, another one as well.  If that did happen to you, it would be kind of neat seeing it stick so rigid to it's guns.  Whoever dies is gone forever is a neat thing to see in a game of this scope.
    Mnemoidian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 26

#6  Edited By Mnemoidian

@ttocs: Yeah, this whole thing kind of makes me a bit interested in coming back with a "worst case" save... wonder how bad/hard it would get.

Then again, I don't really want to know 'till earliest when I've finished my first ME3 play-through. :)

ttocs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By ttocs
    @Mnemoidian said:

@ttocs: Yeah, this whole thing kind of makes me a bit interested in coming back with a "worst case" save... wonder how bad/hard it would get.

Then again, I don't really want to know 'till earliest when I've finished my first ME3 play-through. :)

Exactly. 

And one thing I've always struggled with is after my first "pure" playthrough, I'm always afraid of ruining the game for me.  For instance, my first playthrough - which is blind of events to come - is the one I push to the sequel (save file) because I feel like that is my story.  If I keep playing it and trying out the different combinations of things, I always feel like I'm ruining the allure of that one playthrough when I go into the sequel.  Luckily (kinda) this is the last one and I can mix and match all I want, but I still hold that one pure playthrough in high regard.
    Ghostiet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#8  Edited By Ghostiet
    @AcidBrandon18 said:

Also Garrus and Tali are party members. What happens if they died? Did someone replace them?

They're replaced in the story, but not in your party. Party members from 2 that are required in the story (Mordin, Legion) are replaced, the rest either has a minor replacement or don't appear at all.

You'll always have at least three people up until the endgame even if you fuck up your ME2 save and don't have From Ashes:

ttocs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By ttocs
    @Ghostiet said:
    @AcidBrandon18 said:

They're replaced in the story, but not in your party. Party members from 2 that are required in the story (Mordin, Legion) are replaced, the rest either has a minor replacement or don't appear at all.

You'll always have at least three people up until the endgame even if you fuck up your ME2 save and don't have From Ashes:

Ah, that makes sense they would replace them.  They do have a significant story to tell. 

I kind of wish I lost one of my crew though so I could feel the emotional tug of talking about them in the final game.  Regardless, it's still nice to see them again even if they aren't in the same capacity as before.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.