What is your favorite multiplayer class?

#1 Posted by Cataphract1014 (1313 posts) -

A post not about the ending?! HOLY SHIT!!!!

Anyway, I'm digging the Asari adept with the statis bubble and warp/throw biotic explosions. I unlocked the Krogan Soldier a few nights ago and last night I was just running around heavy meleeing people on silver one shotting marauders with full shields. A heavy melee swing took a brute down 2 bars of life on silver too. Quite fun. Only classes I don't have is the drell vanguard and the Krogan sentinel. I really want the Krogan sentinel.

#2 Posted by jaycrockett (428 posts) -

I love me this multiplayer, surprised no one is really talking about it here. So far I've stuck with the engineer. My aim isn't so hot, so I stick with the pistol and powers to compensate.

#3 Posted by DonChipotle (2693 posts) -

All I have are humans so far but I dig the Engineer. That little drone running distractions on a Brute or Atlas or Prime is great

#4 Edited by Yummylee (21249 posts) -

From what I played (maybe 8 hours worth) I really got into Salarian Engineer and Asari Vanguard. I didn't unlock all of the classes, though; never got to try any of the Krogan/Turian classes, but Salarian Engineer I found to really reliable. I'd equip him with the Disciple shotgun and a predator pistol. Quick cooldowns and the Disciple is a great weapon to fall back on. Vanguard I never got too deep in, but I was playing as an Asari Vanguard! So while I can't judge the practicality, I still couldn't help but find it really fun.

#5 Posted by natetodamax (19170 posts) -

The Human Engineer. I used the Quarian Engineer in the demo and really loved it because of the Incinerate/Cryo Blast combo but I have yet to unlock that character in the full game.

I haven't been able to get much enjoyment from the other classes. I've tried all of them but I don't really like their abilities compared to what the Engineer has. I like to weaken enemy shields and barriers with Overload and then burn them with Incinerate while dumping assault rifle rounds into their head. The Soldier especially seems completely useless. Every class can use every weapon with the same level of proficiency, so I can't imagine why someone would give up the helpful abilities that other classes have for stuff like Marksman and grenades.

#6 Posted by Yummylee (21249 posts) -

@Voxel said:

The Human Engineer. I used the Quarian Engineer in the demo and really loved it because of the Incinerate/Cryo Blast combo but I have yet to unlock that character in the full game.

I haven't been able to get much enjoyment from the other classes. I've tried all of them but I don't really like their abilities compared to what the Engineer has. I like to weaken enemy shields and barriers with Overload and then burn them with Incinerate while dumping assault rifle rounds into their head. The Soldier especially seems completely useless. Every class can use every weapon with the same level of proficiency, so I can't imagine why someone would give up the helpful abilities that other classes have for stuff like Marksman and grenades.

Krogan soldiers are meant to be complete tanks, like you'd expect. Plus I'm pretty sure they have cooldown reducing bonuses for their class specific passive stat too, so they can equip more weapons without sacrificing their cooldown. But yeah, from what I played, I noticed that Engineer was the clear favourite. Quite a long way to go from being the least popular class in ME2 :P

#7 Posted by natetodamax (19170 posts) -

@Abyssfull said:

@Voxel said:

Krogan soldiers are meant to be complete tanks, like you'd expect. Plus I'm pretty sure they have cooldown reducing bonuses for their class specific passive stat too, so they can equip more weapons without sacrificing their cooldown. But yeah, from what I played, I noticed that Engineer was the clear favourite. Quite a long way to go from being the least popular class in ME2 :P

I have yet to see a Krogan Soldier in action in multiplayer, but I have heard that they can be pretty darn powerful. If I ever unlock that class I'll probably give it a go.

#8 Posted by ShadowMountain (226 posts) -

@Cataphract1014:I have a Krogan Sentinel. Its ok up to silver but hes pretty useless in Gold. Tech armour is just too nerfed from ME2. Krogan soldier sounds way better.

#9 Posted by Yummylee (21249 posts) -

@Voxel said:

@Abyssfull said:

@Voxel said:

I have yet to see a Krogan Soldier in action in multiplayer, but I have heard that they can be pretty darn powerful. If I ever unlock that class I'll probably give it a go.

During my time spent, they were surprisingly prominent. Also the Krogan classes retain that charge melee attack you see them do in the SP, and it's more or less a one-hit kill against most enemies. I wouldn't be surprised if they were intentionally made to be the rarest classes to unlock.

#10 Posted by Hilikus (279 posts) -

Haven't gotten around to unlocking it yet, but I really enjoyed playing the Salarian Infiltrator in the demo. Energy Drain + Cloaked Headshots!

#11 Posted by believer258 (11632 posts) -

Human male vanguard.

I know, people hate my class, but I don't care. I try to use it to the best of my ability.

#12 Posted by turbomonkey138 (4950 posts) -

I love playing the game as a soldier. Always have. Some people find it boring but i always thought it fit the universe better. A hardened soldier with no implants just skill that keeps you alive :)

#13 Posted by Cataphract1014 (1313 posts) -

@Abyssfull said:

@Voxel said:

@Abyssfull said:

@Voxel said:

During my time spent, they were surprisingly prominent. Also the Krogan classes retain that charge melee attack you see them do in the SP, and it's more or less a one-hit kill against most enemies. I wouldn't be surprised if they were intentionally made to be the rarest classes to unlock.

Yeah, you can spec your Krogan soldier to get a lot of Melee bonuses. Krogan rage and a heavy melee was taking like half the HP of a ravager on silver.

#14 Posted by Vorbis (2749 posts) -

Asari Adept because she plays like a support character, able to outscore everyone without becoming a killwhore, just bubbling everything helps people and gives me assists. She can hold her own against any enemy without ever needing to fire a gun even on Gold.

Also Biotic Explosions.

#15 Posted by NoobSauceG7 (1232 posts) -

The adept is very fun actually. I played Vanguard mostly before but tried adept and love it.

#16 Edited by phrosnite (3518 posts) -

Adept and Sentinel. Dem biotic explosions! Carnifex pistol is the best weapon in the game :) + Stasis = GG

P.S. - ME3 ending are fine. People on the internet are crybabies. Yeah, I know. Shocker!

Edit: I the Adept Drell had throw instead of Pull he would have been my fav char. Dat Reave is a way better Warp :)

#17 Posted by Cataphract1014 (1313 posts) -

@phrosnite: Pull is nice against Cerberus because you make guardians worthless.

#18 Posted by phrosnite (3518 posts) -

@Cataphract1014 said:

@phrosnite: Pull is nice against Cerberus because you make guardians worthless.

So? Guardians are very easy to deal with even without Pull. Reave/Warp + Throw you can cause biotci explosionon armored/shielded(athlas, etc) units.

#19 Edited by Pinworm45 (4088 posts) -

I find them all pretty fun, except Sentinel. I don't fucking understand the point of tech armor. At least, the human Sentinels.. the Turian one is probably pretty decent because of Overload and Warp.

#20 Posted by Tennmuerti (7999 posts) -

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.