Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Mass Effect 3

Game » consists of 19 releases. Released Mar 06, 2012

When Earth begins to fall in an ancient cycle of destruction, Commander Shepard must unite the forces of the galaxy to stop the Reapers in the final chapter of the original Mass Effect trilogy.

What was your favorite moment? (Spoilers probably)

• 70 results
    NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By NTM

I'm just asking you, I'm not sure what my favorite moment was, but I'd still like to know yours. This could be your favorite cut-scene or favorite game play moment, I just mean overall. Also, it doesn't have to be one thing, you can name your favorite moments as well if you have more than one. If you also want to add it, which you don't have to, what was your least favorite?

HandsomeMuffin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By HandsomeMuffin

I loved the cutscene with Shepard and Garrus on The Citadel. There was something about it that to me just made it feel like you two were really great friends taking one last break in case anything were to happen. It was a great scene and one of the reasons I love Mass Effect so damn much.

Twisted_Scot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By Twisted_Scot

Not sure of my favorite, I can live with the disappointing endings but the lack of "Shepard shuffle" dancing is unacceptable! They had better fix that in DLC.

Avatar image for deactivated-59a31562f0e29
    deactivated-59a31562f0e29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

probably uniting the quarians and the geth & hearing about them building up the homeworld again.

Ihmishylje

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Ihmishylje

The joining/melding with Liara on Earth. Broke my heart.

DEMONOLOGY_24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By DEMONOLOGY_24

seeing Tali drunk in the poker table room telling me a bunch of crazy nonsense that and cureing the genophage

UlquioKani

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By UlquioKani

I posted this in another thread

• The Tuchanka stuff especially mordin's death
    • the Palaven moon mission was awesome
    • Grunt running out of the cave covered in blood
    • Jack's SICK Ponytail
    • Steve Cortez
    • James Vega
    • Thane's death
    • Learning about the geth by going into the matrix
    • The self aware dialogue
    veektarius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#8  Edited By veektarius

@Twisted_Scot: Shepard can dance in Purgatory. He can even dance with Jack. Or are you talking about some meme I don't know about?

My favorite scene was the geth - quarian resolution... Legion counting down as you and Tali hurriedly try to convince the quarians to pull off, and then legion sacrificing himself for his people. Shame my choice of ending destroyed all of them. Whoops.

zombie2011

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#9  Edited By zombie2011

Talking to Garrus in London, when they go on about meeting each other in heaven at a bar was amazing. Then the final sentence Shepard says goodbye and that if he's alone at the bar in heaven he will be watching over Garrus and will always have his back. Fucking manly feelings were going through me.

MikkaQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#10  Edited By MikkaQ

Shooting cans on top of the citadel with Garrus. Was kinda funny/touching.

ckeats

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By ckeats

Mostly stuff that was already mentioned, but I'd like to add: "Shepard, you're in my chair."

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Oh no i changed my mind.

It was talking to everyone on earth before setting off on the last mission. That was so bleak, i loved it. Maybe my favourite bit of the series ... like the last day of school but a million times worse. Bye, friends, i guess we won't be seeing each other after this :{

Or maybe ... drunk Tali, or drunk everyone, Thane's fight, chillin with Garrus. Traynor, Joker & Edi, Vega's piloting skills. Settling petty arguments because i'm commander Shepard and what i say goes. The various interactions between crewmates as you walk around the ship - talking to each other in person or over comms. Everything about the war assests menu - all the tiny details getting added and updated constantly. Mordin fuckin Solus. The combat through and through. Killing Kai Leng in awesome fashion. Making the Illusive Man kill himself. The sad music. Grunt not dying somehow, Wrex being awesome. Thresher Maw victory. Legion's new look. Blasto 6. Jack teaching. The views from every planet - the storm on mars, Palaven in flames. Every scene of space battle, even if it was noisy and stupid. The final ridiculous sprint towards the beam thing on Earth. Yes, most of the ending - the distant, sad calm of it. Telling Allers to fuck off because I was space jealous of her talking to Traynor too much. Getting space drunk in a space disco.

EDIT - no, sorry, I mean w/e this game's an awful piece of shit I hate it boo.

J0n3s1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By J0n3s1

Having to kill Legion.. It was so damn sad. Maybe the most touching moment in a video game ever. Also every discussion with illusive man!

jacdg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#14  Edited By jacdg

Thessia was really cool, especially with Jarvik, I also enjoyed the Dreadnought, London and Citadel being invaded missions, all in all, most of the stuff in this game was incredibly well put together, and I loved most of this game, so it's difficult to pick one over the other, but I guess overhearing Garrus and James top each others war stories was one of the most defining moments in the entire series for me, simple and really awesome. Least favorite was the dream sequences and that kid being killed, ending was kinda meh in some aspect, but I found it to be alright, if lacking a bit. Incredible game none the less though, and the multiplayer is super cool and addicting.

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By NTM

You all mentioned some of the best moments in the game; sums up my favorite moments as well. Cool.

Red

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#16  Edited By Red

My one problem with Legion's death was that it was kinda forced/random. It was never established that a geth would need to die in order to make all of them fully aware.

Samaritan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#17  Edited By Samaritan

Oh gosh, I can't just pick one. Mass Effect 2 might've been a more evenly paced and ultimately satisfying game, but damn if Mass Effect 3 didn't have some incredible moments. The following really come to mind:

• Mordin's sacrifice was incredibly moving and fitting for his character. Quietly singing to himself as he waited for the inevitable was perfect.
    • Your conversation with drunk Tali is sublime. "Emergency induction port".
    • Bringing Javik along with Liara and yourself on Thessia was very interesting. Hearing him talk about why the asari are so advanced and tying that into the religious aspects of asari culture was captivating.
    • Finally, as typical as it was for a sci-fi game, the assembling of the fleets at the very end was incredible. Seeing that many ships come out of a mass relay to the triumphant theme of Mass Effect was chilling on the same level as the Normandy reveal from 2.

I also thought that Tali's death scene (Which I was able to avoid in my game, but later watched online) was incredibly poignant and emotionally draining. It's actually a shame that you can get out of that situation without either side really losing anything, because if you had to make the choice between Legion or Tali, that would be an incredibly difficult and memorable decision not only in this game, but in the medium in general.

jacdg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By jacdg

@drag said:

Grunt not dying somehow. Thresher Maw victory.

Oh yeah, those too, can't believe I forgot about those..

AndrewB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#19  Edited By AndrewB

@Captain_Felafel said:

I also thought that Tali's death scene (Which I was able to avoid in my game, but later watched online) was incredibly poignant and emotionally draining. It's actually a shame that you can get out of that situation without either side really losing anything, because if you had to make the choice between Legion or Tali, that would be an incredibly difficult and memorable decision not only in this game, but in the medium in general.

That's totally what I thought too for a moment. I thought it was going to suck having to choose, but that's freaking awesome and that would be one hell of a weighty choice. Then I talked them down. Then Legion sacrificed himself. I don't have a whole lot of attachment to Legion because I feel like there's a lot to him that is unexplained.

I also agree that the fleets coming out of the Mass Relay was a great pivotal and emotional moment.

I probably haven't seen my favorite part of the game yet because I played Paragon. A lot of the more funny and awesome stuff comes from playing Renegade, which I'm working on right now.

Otherwise, I'd have to say the moment with Garrus probably got the biggest smile out of me. Garrus is the character I have the most attachment to. He's your Turian best bud, and that moment was perfect.

2HeadedNinja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By 2HeadedNinja

I got the best laugh out of drunk Tali, Mordins death actually had me tear up a little and the Garrus-moment on the Citadel had me smile the whole time.

[edit:] oh oh ... and punching that Quarian Admiral ... that felt good

STUVNING

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#21  Edited By STUVNING

Shepard's expression when Edi makes a crack about cutting the oxygen on the Normandy.

Seesic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Seesic

Mordin's death, it was sad but I loved him as a character and I think it was a really great scene, touching with some humor and resolution.

Dingofighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Dingofighter

Probably the moment where I decided to shoot Mordin in the back... 
    Not favourite as in, "This is great!", but favourite as in, "This is a really hard decision and I have to make it right now, god damn it what should I do!?". 

Time slowing down and the camera looking down the barrel of the gun as Mordin walks away. I felt guilty the moment after i pulled the trigger on that gun... 
    Watching him then slowly crawl towards the control panel just made it even worse/better. That was one of the best/worst moments I've had in a video game... 
    The fact that my decision later came back to bite me at a totally unexpected point just made it even more amazing.

Cretaceous_Bob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Cretaceous_Bob

The entire game was jam-packed with tons of wonderful, meaningful moments, but:

Joker freaking out desperately trying to pilot the Normandy away from the Crucible blast.

fistfulofmetal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 29

#25  Edited By fistfulofmetal

Shepard and Liara in his cabin where she shows him the galactic archive she created.

ichthy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By ichthy

I really liked Mordin's sacrifice and it was a pretty fitting end to his character. Tali's death was a fucking punch to the gut though.

rjayb89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

#27  Edited By rjayb89

So far, on my Renegade playthrough, what Shepard does to Mordin. I didn't think he'd actually shoot him. Maybe sabotage the elevator, but no. If there's a Mass Effect 4, that shit ain't canon because that's too fucked up.

Mogoping

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Mogoping

Thane coming to the rescue and his prayer for you when he died.

TEHMAXXORZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By TEHMAXXORZ

@UlquioKani: That Grunt bit has to be one of my favorite as well. Honestly, I thought he was dead, but then I realised he was a Krogan.

If only Krogan were as good at killing Ravagers in multiplayer as they were in the story...

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ichthy said:

I really liked Mordin's sacrifice and it was a pretty fitting end to his character. Tali's death was a fucking punch to the gut though.

tali can die? ... what did you do!

Hizang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 15

#31  Edited By Hizang

Anything with Garus and Shepard, oh and Mordins death had me in tears.

HandsomeMuffin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By HandsomeMuffin

Oh! I forgot to mention! Finally giving Udina what had been coming after 2 games of being a gigantic asshole!

StarvingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 25

#33  Edited By StarvingGamer

Everything!

Most notably Garrus and Joker trading speciesist jokes. The flow of their banter seemed so natural.

averagegreg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By averagegreg

So many to choose from:

• Thresher Maw vs Reaper
    • Garrus in general; easily my favourite character in the whole series
    • Shooting Udina, 'bout fucking time he got what he deserved
    • Killing Kai Laing
    • Interaction between squadmates - Joker and Garrus telling jokes was priceless
    • Curing the genophage
    • The many deaths/sacrifices, Mordin especially
    • Wrex and Grunt kicking ass
    • And of course, knocking out that fucking reporter. Never gets old.

Seriously, this game is full of fantastic moments.

Funkydupe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Funkydupe

@2HeadedNinja: Yeah I hated it too when Mordin died in my game.

Mr_Skeleton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#36  Edited By Mr_Skeleton

Morodin's death was amazing.

Also I'm probably the only person on the world who really liked the last 20 minutes of the game.

Marz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#37  Edited By Marz

probably when i got to shoot Udina.

retrovirus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

#38  Edited By retrovirus

Mass Effect 3 made me cry on 4 separate occasions: when Mordin, Thane, and Legion died, and when it looked like Grunt was going to be killed by the Rachni. The strength of the characters and their interactions is the strongest thing about the game, and seeing the names of your dead crewmates on that memorial on the crew deck brought that home really hard. It felt as though I had lost something real.

Also, I really enjoyed seeing the Normandy crew interact. Listening to Garrus and Joker make jokes about humans and turians, drunk Tali calling Miranda a bitch, and the pissing match Garrus and James had about their exploits. The characters are the real strength of the game. It made me want a spin-off with Shepard and Garrus solving crimes on the Citadel as a hard-hitting no-nonsense cop duo.

Anupsis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Anupsis

@HandsomeMuffin said:

I loved the cutscene with Shepard and Garrus on The Citadel. There was something about it that to me just made it feel like you two were really great friends taking one last break in case anything were to happen. It was a great scene and one of the reasons I love Mass Effect so damn much.

This.

JasonR86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 5

#40  Edited By JasonR86

I'm about half way now. But, so far, Mordin's death was really well done. You know, most of the squadmate moments have been pretty good. Garrus' shooting contest was cool (I chose to let him win which was a nice touch). Curing the genophage. Punching asshole alient admirals. All of these things have been fun.

Harkat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Harkat
    • Hearing the old ME1 music again. Tracks like "Vigil", "Presidium" and "Citadel". Spine-tingling.
    • Call me a perv, but the Liara sex scene was really well done.
    • Mordin dying.
    • Curing the genophage, the cutscene with the Krogans looking up at the falling embers.
    • Bringing Javik to Thessia.
    • Seeing Jack actually became a better person since ME2
    • Not a happy moment at all, but the ending: I chose Synthesis and feel like a bastard after seeing the indoctrination theory. The entire last 30 minutes were depressing as fuck in the way that Scifi novels often are. Rare to see that kind of abstract stuff in a videogame, though.
    Subjugation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Subjugation

"Would have liked to scan sea shells ..."

I laughed and had a sad at the same time.

JackG100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#43  Edited By JackG100

I liked listening to Joker and Garrus joke around on the bridge. "Why do the Alliance have pilots with Brittle Bone disease?" 

The game was full of great moments. All spoiled by that one big poor one.

Karkarov

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Karkarov

It was either the the scene with the shooting contest with Garrus or that time I walked into the main weapon battery and found Garrus and Tali getting it on.

tobygw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -1

#45  Edited By tobygw

Surprised no one has said that lengthy dialogue between Garrus and Vega on the ship where they are trying to prove who has been on the craziest and most badass missions. That was one of my favourite ship dialogues I heard.

HeavyDuty32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#46  Edited By HeavyDuty32

I don't know about favorite, but I know when I felt the happiest was when Grunt walked back up from tackling that last Rachni. I was so bummed he had died, then he marches right out of that cave. Hello, unstoppable force, lol.

big_jon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

#47  Edited By big_jon

The part where the little boy dies, it was a powerful moment

Some of the chats with James Vega

The moment with Garrus on the Citadel

Grunt lifting my spirits in the last mission

Wrex, in general

The whole Tuchunka missoin

Dany

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#48  Edited By Dany

The entire Thessia mission did more to huamnize shepard, display the awe of the reapers, progress the story, advnace liaras character, delivered in awesome combat more so than any other mission in the game.

That mission simply astounded me when I played it, especially with Javik and Liara, both are key for it.

Also, TIM shooting himself akin to Saren was also a great nod back to ME1.

seannao

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By seannao

illusive man paragon dialogue options at the end. When he said "I tried" it made me feel bad for the guy.. He really believed he was going to save everyone. :(

Marino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 92

User Lists: 102

#50  Edited By Marino  Staff

@HeavyDuty32 said:

I don't know about favorite, but I know when I felt the happiest was when Grunt walked back up from tackling that last Rachni. I was so bummed he had died, then he marches right out of that cave. Hello, unstoppable force, lol.

I was sad that he was seemingly dead, although I almost immediately came to accept it as he was sacrificing himself to save us, even though I had basically just led his team to slaughter by freeing the rachni queen (again). Then he walks out and I was somehow disappointed that he wasn't dead. It would've been more emotional impactful if he actually had died. And it's not like he did a whole lot after that.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.