When to play ME3 DLC?

#1 Posted by mattoncybertron (60 posts) -

Finally getting around to playing ME3 after I found it at a awesome price last week and eager to play to fit into GOTY stuff. I'm wondering if there is an ideal time to crack into "Leviathan" and "Omega", or any others. The new one that all the writers are working on sounds interesting too, shame its coming out so late cuz I really think I've waited long enough to check this out.

Anyway, anybody who's played these that could offer some ideas please do so, I'd really appreciate your input. I couldn't find solid info anywhere else.

Thanks guys!

#2 Edited by FLStyle (4530 posts) -

Complete From Ashes ASAP

Complete Leviathan just before you start the point of no return, when you'll begin the endgame and can't do any other quests.

Complete Omega whenever

#3 Posted by BawlZINmotion (714 posts) -

@FLStyle said:

Complete From Ashes ASAP

Complete Leviathan just before you start the point of no return, when you'll begin the endgame and can't do any other quests.

Complete Omega whenever

This couldn't be more correct. "From Ashes" and "Leviathan" answer two of the biggest question marks of the Mass Effect trilogy and make the ending complete and sane. "Omega" is a lot more like, "Stolen Memory" from Mass Effect 2.

#4 Posted by KevinK (198 posts) -

I don't understand. Why does everybody say Leviathan spoils the end game? I've beaten ME3 and I've beaten Leviathan. I don't think there's anything that directly spoils the end of the game, unless I'm missing something that the giant lobster Reaper said.

#5 Posted by BawlZINmotion (714 posts) -

@KevinK said:

I don't understand. Why does everybody say Leviathan spoils the end game? I've beaten ME3 and I've beaten Leviathan. I don't think there's anything that directly spoils the end of the game, unless I'm missing something that the giant lobster Reaper said.

Everyone doesn't. No one responding here has either. Leviathan completes the ending. At least that's what I took out of it. I won't go into detail about why as the OP obviously hasn't played through the game and its DLC yet. Don't you feel that Leviathan made your encounter with star child more complete? It did for me.

#6 Posted by mattoncybertron (60 posts) -

thanks much for the input sirs!

#7 Posted by SmasheControllers (2543 posts) -

Omega is right after finishing the side-mission for Aria.

Leviathan toward the end of the game, after Thessia.

From Ashes after recruiting Garrus.

Omega is the only one Bioware told exactly were it takes place.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.