Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Mass Effect 3

Game » consists of 19 releases. Released Mar 06, 2012

When Earth begins to fall in an ancient cycle of destruction, Commander Shepard must unite the forces of the galaxy to stop the Reapers in the final chapter of the original Mass Effect trilogy.

Where should you start playing to get the new ending?

superfiasco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By superfiasco

How far back do you have to start playing for you to be able to see the new ending? (For this that beat it already)

RussianDrink

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By RussianDrink

Use the automatic save they created for you. You will start right before Shepard enters the Citadel beam.

fusrodah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3  Edited By fusrodah

I think the only changes occur during and after the conversation with the Catalyst, but I'm not sure

stinky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By stinky

youtube. why play it again?

SteamPunkJin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5  Edited By SteamPunkJin

@fusrodah said:

I think the only changes occur during and after the conversation with the Catalyst, but I'm not sure

There's ONE thing that happens in London that's new. It happens during the run to the beam. If you have a save in London, that's a great place to start. If you use the Auto-Save at the beam you'll miss that scene.

veektarius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#6  Edited By veektarius

I'm starting from Mass Effect 1. Final playthrough!

onan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 10

#7  Edited By onan

@SteamPunkJin said:

@fusrodah said:

There's ONE thing that happens in London that's new. It happens during the run to the beam. If you have a save in London, that's a great place to start. If you use the Auto-Save at the beam you'll miss that scene.

Yeah, I just did "restart mission" and you start right at the Marauder Shields part. I shot him, get on the ship, and then after the first time, went back to see it again with a rubberband pulling the stick forward for 5 minutes while I went and made myself a sandwich. Can't skip anything, so I watched the last 2 endings on youtube.

umdesch4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By umdesch4

Look folks, it's like this (directly from the FAQ on Bioware's page):

What save game should I load to play the Extended Cut?

• [SPOILERS] After completing Mass Effect 3, a 'Legend' save is created prior to assaulting the Cerberus Base. To experience the Extended Cut DLC, load this save game and play through to the end of the game. The Extended Cut endings will differ depending on choices made throughout the Mass Effect series, so multiple playthroughs with a variety of different decisions will be required to experience the variety of possibilities offered by the new content.

So, "prior to assaulting the Cerberus Base". Yes, there's new stuff even that far back, I think. There's more stuff strewn about the Cerberus base that points more specifically to TIM's specific plans involving the Reapers. I think they wanted there to be more foreshadowing for your final confrontation with TIM, so it didn't seem to come completely out of nowhere. There's also some minor extensions to the cut scene where you order the forces to Earth, specifically stitching together the various races involved, montaged together based on which assets you managed to get on your side. There, it seems they tried a little harder to make your choices matter.

Caveat: I could be wrong, and that stuff might have all been there on the first playthrough. My memory is fuzzy.

Avatar image for toxinshuttlesky
    toxinshuttlesky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I have finished the ME3 once.
    But now i stared to play it from the beginning.Question is, will the EC DLC work with my new savegame(because I haven't finished it as i mentioned earlier) ?

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.