Who here is going to get Leviathan?

#1 Posted by NTM (7479 posts) -

#2 Edited by NTM (7479 posts) -

I should have also added a "I don't know" option. I hate when I think I have all the answers needed, but then I don't, which I don't. Oh well.

#3 Posted by Yummylee (22041 posts) -

Nah.

#4 Posted by _Chad (962 posts) -

I'm going to. When I get paid.

#5 Posted by laserbolts (5331 posts) -

Nope I think I'm done with Mass Effect 3.

#6 Posted by ckeats (489 posts) -

I'm not. not yet anyways. Maybe down the road when I'm ready to play it all again. Playing 2 with most of the DLC available from the get go was awesome, playing it alone after the fact...not so much.

#7 Posted by Aetheldod (3626 posts) -

I dont know D: !!!!!!!

#8 Posted by GunstarRed (5294 posts) -

I might consider it as a special offer, but I feel my time with Mass Effect has come to an end. They should have put this out before that waste of time extended ending, all that managed to do was reinforce my feelings that I was done with the series.

#9 Posted by Neurotic (632 posts) -

Since I finished the core game yesterday, then I guess so. Although after the ending I feel like it would be dumb to use my current Shepard since she's sorta kinda dead. Maybe I'll get it and bring through my other Shepard from ME2 and play it with him.

#10 Posted by Jams (2962 posts) -

I'm done with Mass Effect. I stopped at 2 and I'm not interested in ever playing 3.

#11 Posted by Nentisys (896 posts) -

Played something like five hours of Mass Effect 3 after loving 1 & 2. No interest in ever finishing it.

#12 Posted by holybins (158 posts) -

@Nentisys said:

Played something like five hours of Mass Effect 3 after loving 1 & 2. No interest in ever finishing it.

You're missing out, it really is a great game. I'm surprised you don't want to finish it based on how much time you've invested in the first two.

#13 Posted by wsowen02 (321 posts) -

Nope, completely done with this series. 3 destroyed any interest I had in it.

#14 Posted by Zekhariah (697 posts) -

Not going to, but that has more to do with my general DLC policy than any animosity toward this particular release.

I sort of only buy DLC if it seemed like the up-front purchase price seemed overly deficient to the games value (like a really good indie game that ends up in a bundle).

#15 Posted by rjayb89 (7726 posts) -

Played through it and still enjoy the imagery the Mass Effect universe can display. Also still enjoy the gameplay.

#16 Posted by zombiesatemycereal (427 posts) -

Played through it once already and very much enjoyed it, now playing again as renegade.

#17 Posted by Mike76x (558 posts) -

ME3's ending just ruined the universe for me, but I guess I still had some hope that Leviathan could fix it in some way.

I youtubed the DLC and while it did pave the way to the horrible ending so it would be less of a shock (for lack of a better word), it's still just too much bad writing for me.

#18 Posted by MideonNViscera (2257 posts) -

I got it. It was cool. It was an interesting mystery with a resolution that satisfied me. Plus, ending aside, I really do still love Mass Effect.

#19 Posted by TeflonBilly (4713 posts) -

The ending of ME3 ruined the Mass Effect universe worse than Joel Schumaker ruined the Batman movie franchise until Christopher Nolan picked it up.

I have nothing but scorn left for it.

#20 Posted by Korolev (1714 posts) -

Didn't get it, because I know it won't have an impact on any future ME game. And as much as I loved ME, ME2 and liked ME3, BioWare DLC has always been pretty shoddy. The only BioWare DLC I ever enjoyed was Shadow-Broker, and from all the reviews I read, Leviathan is not as good as Shadow Broker.

I still like the ME universe, but if it doesn't make a jot of difference to the storyline of ME3 or any future ME game, I'm not buying it.

#21 Posted by Fearbeard (834 posts) -

I'm going with the unlisted "I don't know" option.

I would be far more interested in seeing a post Mass Effect 3 story then just something to tag on to the existing story. I think I'll probably wait till there is a deal on it and pick it up then.

#22 Posted by Sean2206 (264 posts) -

I will get it at some stage. I'll probably get around to it some time next week. I'd far rather have more personal story set after ME3.

#23 Posted by AndrewB (7668 posts) -

I'm not done with Mass Effect, but I'm done with Mass Effect 3 and anything having to do with the current storyline.

#24 Posted by mutha3 (4986 posts) -

No interest.

#25 Posted by Quarters (1748 posts) -

I grabbed it, and really enjoyed it. I know people are saying that it's pointless or whatever, but it actually drops a pretty big bombshell at the end that could mean important things for the future of the franchise. It even made me reconsider my ending decision. It's definitely worth playing, if you give even a remote crap about the overall mythology of ME.

#26 Posted by Hennet_sim (340 posts) -

I am done with Mass Effect and it add nothing to the story.

#27 Posted by BawlZINmotion (714 posts) -

It is sad that two of the most compelling stories connected with the Mass Effect trilogy are both Mass Effect 3 DLC releases? Story elements from both should have been the ground work for what should have been Mass Effect 3. A final showdown with the Reapers in which, as the story unfolds, everyone learns how seriously wrong they all had it and how we're ultimately screwed. Instead... ahh never mind, I'm beating a rotting horse. I have no plans to purchase this now. From what I heard it's the story that is worthwhile, and I read that online. Normally I might feel compelled to support the developer, but after what seemed like rushed and shoddy development with both ME3 and DA2, I feel no guilt. Bioware has enough of my money.

#28 Posted by Herk (193 posts) -

@Korolev said:

Didn't get it, because I know it won't have an impact on any future ME game. And as much as I loved ME, ME2 and liked ME3, BioWare DLC has always been pretty shoddy. The only BioWare DLC I ever enjoyed was Shadow-Broker, and from all the reviews I read, Leviathan is not as good as Shadow Broker.

I still like the ME universe, but if it doesn't make a jot of difference to the storyline of ME3 or any future ME game, I'm not buying it.

It kind of has an impact on future games, story-wise at least.

#29 Posted by GunGunW (60 posts) -

I got it the day it came out... it was pretty awesome!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.