Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Mass Effect 3

Game » consists of 19 releases. Released Mar 06, 2012

When Earth begins to fall in an ancient cycle of destruction, Commander Shepard must unite the forces of the galaxy to stop the Reapers in the final chapter of the original Mass Effect trilogy.

Who likes the Idea of "Multiplayer"?

• 53 results
    Avatar image for smashedcontrollers
    SmasheControllers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

#1  Edited By SmasheControllers

wrighteous86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By wrighteous86

If the single-player is amazing, there's no reason to care about the multiplayer existing. It's not like multiplayer runs counter to the universe, it makes sense. It only matters how they do it and if it doesn't affect the single-player campaign.

Avatar image for smashedcontrollers
    SmasheControllers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By SmasheControllers

Personally I don't care about Multiplayer, it would be something extra, but if it interferes with the singleplayer content in anyway then I'm pissed. If I could have it my way, Bioware should finish up Shepard's story before diving into the crowded multiplayer space or have a Gears 3 style horde mode, I mean the Mass Effect 3 combat would be fun enough that it wouldn't be boring. Mass Effect 1 had Pinnacle Station and that game's combat wasn't the greatest.

RE_Player1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By RE_Player1

I've been playing the Mass Effect games and reading the books hoping that the third and final installment in the Shepard story would include multiplayer. I mean turret sequences and online multiplayer are defiantly what Mass Effect was missing...

benjaebe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5  Edited By benjaebe

Yes. I like cooperative games. Not a big fan of competitive multi in a game like Mass Effect, but I can see how a cooperative mode where you do some combat stuff would make sense.

Mr_Skeleton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#6  Edited By Mr_Skeleton

What is it with people not trusting the developers to make good games.

Also why not talk about this after we have some details.

rockinkemosabe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#7  Edited By rockinkemosabe

Co-Op so I can play as Wrex.

innacces14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By innacces14

Co-op only for me. If they can take the MW2 Spec Ops route and take new and old scenarios and keep it to three player co-op then I'm all for it. That way they can keep the single-player as a it's own experience and keep the competitive multiplayer community (and all the language that comes with it) out of Mass Effect.

LiquidSaiyan3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#9  Edited By LiquidSaiyan3

Just the idea of co-op in this game puts me off. I personally wouldn't play co-op, at least not for my first playthrough.

I just played Gears 3 co-op and missed some story beats here and there because of friends going too far ahead, talking over cutscenes, or just skipping them. For Gears, that's ok. The story isn't the primary reason I'm there and I can easily go back and see what I missed, but ME is a different story. I'd rather play that at my own pace.

I can't even fathom what multiplayer would look like, assuming it's something unique.

kingzetta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#10  Edited By kingzetta

If I can customize my own alien dude and the shooting is good, sure sounds good.

zidd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 24

#11  Edited By zidd

@innacces14 said:

Co-op only for me. If they can take the MW2 Spec Ops route and take new and old scenarios and keep it to three player co-op then I'm all for it.

This is a good idea however the pausing when using the ability/weapon wheesl would probably have to go away to accommodate online play.

Avatar image for deactivated-63f899c29358e
    deactivated-63f899c29358e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They should keep it out of Shepard's story. If it is a Mass Effect spin-off then I'll be all for some good aliens and humans blowing the shit out of each other multiplayer.

grayfox1210

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By grayfox1210

Only if the multiplayer makes sense with the story. Like a battle on Earth and people are waiting for reinforcements from Shepard and the gang. As long it has nothing to do with the main characters, then I guess I'm okay with that.

spazmaster666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 16

#14  Edited By spazmaster666

Co-op I would definitely be interested in through versus is definitely something that would not fit into the Mass Effect style of game. Also, I don't think I could handle multiple Shepards in one game.

Doctorchimp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#15  Edited By Doctorchimp

Eh...co-op would be fine...

But really I'd rather have none. After a developer denies multiplayer in their games they always say it's better to focus on the single-player. It's hard to believe that the single player goes unaffected.

Marz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#16  Edited By Marz

3 player co-op is fine, because most of the game is built around Shepard and Two Squad mates throughout the whole series, only makes sense to add in the ability for another human to control those people.  Competitive multiplayer on the other hand i hope to not see it in a Mass Effect game.

Chummy8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#17  Edited By Chummy8

I hate it. Just like I hate how Shepard forgot how to throw grenades in ME 2

innacces14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By innacces14

@Zidd said:

@innacces14 said:

Co-op only for me. If they can take the MW2 Spec Ops route and take new and old scenarios and keep it to three player co-op then I'm all for it.

This is a good idea however the pausing when using the ability/weapon wheesl would probably have to go away to accommodate online play.

ME2 gave players the ability to map their powers on the controller, but if the pause is that essential they could incorporate a way to show partners that you are ready to pause so all three can do so as well and coordinate attacks.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e49e9175da37
    deactivated-5e49e9175da37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

In co-op campaign, let's say two friends jump in as Garrus and Tali. Garrus and Tali have three powers mapped to Y, LB and RB. They only have two guns, so all they need is to hold X to switch. Shepard has pause access, and maybe instead of pause it's just slow-mo. XP earned by co-op guys go back into their campaign (or as co-op only perks).

Shookems

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Shookems

If by co-op you mean a friend sitting in my living room screaming out dialogue decisions at my Kinect before I get the opportunity to choose one, then I'm all for it.

Gargantuan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Gargantuan

I'd rather have competitive multiplayer than co-op. Multiplayer should have no effect on the campaign at all.

guiseppe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By guiseppe

I sure as hell wouldn't want it.

AlexW00d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#23  Edited By AlexW00d

The gameplay is the worst thing about Mass Effect games, so hell no.

EchoEcho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By EchoEcho

Some kind of co-op side missions that aren't part of the main game I'd be cool with, kind of like the co-op in the Splinter Cell games. Any sort of competitive multiplayer would definitely benefit from waiting for a different game entirely, though. If they made some kind of third-person Battlefield-esque game experience, built from the ground up, it could be great fun. They even have a good story explanation for something along those lines, too: the First Contact War, humans versus turians.

Avatar image for thesoutherndandy
    TheSouthernDandy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By TheSouthernDandy

I don't think the game needs it but I'm not gonna cry "game is ruined!!" if its included. I'd definitely play it and I trust Bioware to make it fun.

BeachThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 30

#26  Edited By BeachThunder
    Avatar image for taliciadragonsong
    TaliciaDragonsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

I'm not a fan, since ME2 was already a disappointment to me.
    I can only imagine that any time spend on a MP or co op is lost time that should have been spend on finishing this story.

Do that, and then bring out a ME multiplayer game or stand alone downloadable thing.
    It'll surely sell.

SteamPunkJin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By SteamPunkJin
    @Brodehouse said:
    In co-op campaign, let's say two friends jump in as Garrus and Tali. Garrus and Tali have three powers mapped to Y, LB and RB. They only have two guns, so all they need is to hold X to switch. Shepard has pause access, and maybe instead of pause it's just slow-mo. XP earned by co-op guys go back into their campaign (or as co-op only perks).
    I always thought something like this would be work the best for ME MP - I also think it would be a great deal of fun if you got to see the conversations (maybe from a slightly different camera angle?) as the guest - you wouldn't get to make any selections but rather watch someone else's Shepard's story.
    Packie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Packie

Mass Effect's gameplay isn't really that good, even ME2's improved combat didn't save it from repetitiveness and monotony. If they may have expanded on ME2 combat's with ME3 in terms responsiveness and pacing, will it really match the likes of Gears and Uncharted(from a competitive standpoint)?

Meh, I don't really care if they include multi or not.

PhatSeeJay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

#30  Edited By PhatSeeJay

A co-operative mode would be something I wouldn't mind having a look at. Though in this case, it would more be a horde mode thing. Small arena type scenarios where you fight the reaper invaders. It would certainly make some sense for that game mode to exist in this game. Also not too heavy on the production team, meaning you would only need to hire network staff to make it work. Most level designers are surely done with most work by now anyway so.

Eh, I'd give it a go if this would be the case, though I would not be interested in any kind of competitive stuff.

AngelN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By AngelN7

At this point Mass Effect is no longer an RPG/Shooter it´s just a shooter with RPG elements so whatever I don´t care but I would still prefer if the game remain as a singleplayer story driven action RPG but thats too much to ask for EA.

MooseyMcMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By MooseyMcMan

I want it to stay single-player only because I have S-Ranked both ME1 and ME2, and since I don't pay fro Xbox Live Gold, I wouldn't be able to get any multiplayer related Achievements (and there'd probably be at least one).

Unless it's something mad easy like "Play one match" and the game comes with a code for a free day of Gold or something. Or split-screen.

Actually, if it was something like the campaign, but the second play would control one of my squadmates, that would be cool.

Avatar image for wintersnowblind
    WinterSnowblind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By WinterSnowblind

Hate the idea, I'm really not a fan of every game having a tacked on deathmatch mode.

But as long as it doesn't affect the single player, I'm happy to ignore it.

Avatar image for sethphotopoulos
    SethPhotopoulos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By SethPhotopoulos

I'm probably not gonna touch it.  I don't care.  It can turn out good like the Assassin's Creed multiplayer.  I think people just started to really hate Bioware this year.

Dany

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Dany

As long as it's good and is implemented well then sure, whatever.

Avatar image for lordxavierbritish
    LordXavierBritish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

Bioware is dead, they are going to fuck this up as badly as Dragon Age II and everyone will copy them.

RIP RPGs.

AngelN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By AngelN7

@MooseyMcMan: But that´s the thing after Dead Space 2 I don´t think EA is into doing something cool or unique with the multiplayer, just slap a team Deathmatch and other MP match variants , I sigh at the notion of an awkwardly animated Garrus being tracked by a kill cam.

MooseyMcMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By MooseyMcMan

@AngelN7: No, I fully expect it to be something dumb like deathmatch or a horde mode rip-off, but that doesn't mean I can't hope for something cool like my buddy being able to pick up a controller, press start, and then have the game go split screen and have him controlling Garrus.

mazik765

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By mazik765

Have they announced something I missed? Because I'm fairly certain a while ago I remember them saying they would not have competitive multiplayer in ME3.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e49e9175da37
    deactivated-5e49e9175da37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

@SteamPunkJin said:
    @Brodehouse said:
    I always thought something like this would be work the best for ME MP - I also think it would be a great deal of fun if you got to see the conversations (maybe from a slightly different camera angle?) as the guest - you wouldn't get to make any selections but rather watch someone else's Shepard's story.
    It could be like how the multiplayer conversations worked in Dungeon Siege 3, where the 'main character' made the decisions, and the companion character could choose to agree or disagree.  Essentially, imagine the way Mass Effect conversations work, where your companions pipe in every now and then, except write and record a couple lines of dialogue and let the co-op players choose.  Playing co-op, you can have Garrus suggest that the council gets in the way of justice, or that the galaxy will be worse off if they die.
    matt_wickstrom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#41  Edited By matt_wickstrom

Multiplayer is a nice addition, as long as the single player is up to par. If not, then I'd consider taking the extra time to implement multiplayer a bad idea.

matti00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By matti00

I have cool friends who don't play video games. Hence I will be playing alone thank you.

TEHMAXXORZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#43  Edited By TEHMAXXORZ

Some games need it, others don't!

That's my new maxim... kind of. But, back to the point, I don't mind if (like I have said for TES(hopefully multiplayer won't feature in TES)) you have a very small group of people, three or four people, and you all start out in different areas and it's up to you whether you want to work together or go lone wolf. Although, now that I think about it, my little 'original' squad idea probably works better for TES; despite the fact it probably will never work.

Elusionar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#44  Edited By Elusionar

An mmo in the mass effect universe to compete with star wars mmo would be nice.

WarlordPayne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By WarlordPayne

@TekZero said:

You can throw grenades in ME2, you just have to choose the ability.

Chummy8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#46  Edited By Chummy8

@WarlordPayne said:

@TekZero said:

I know it's been a while, but I don't remember every class having that ability.

rapid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By rapid

Multiplayer Co-op in the story sounds terrible, if anything it should be Horde Mode and Reverse Horde Mode like in Gears.

Not that I want every game to always have the same horde mode, just saying. But if Mass Effect 3 is going to have multiplayer, I would be less displeased if it was just Horde Mode.

WarlordPayne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By WarlordPayne

@TekZero said:

@WarlordPayne said:

@TekZero said:

I know it's been a while, but I don't remember every class having that ability.

Zaeed and Kasumi's loyalty abilities are grenades so any class can equip them if you've ever made either of them loyal. Assuming you bought the game new you should at least have Zaeed's incendiary grenades.

Avatar image for deactivated-60321b0e394b7
    deactivated-60321b0e394b7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

Since it looks like it's definitely happening now, I'm trying to be cautiously optimistic about it. But no, I don't like the idea.

Avatar image for lordxavierbritish
    LordXavierBritish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

Video games are dead let's go turn over an ice cream truck

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.