Will Brad Finish Mass Effect 3?

  • 84 results
  • 1
  • 2
#51 Posted by ArbitraryWater (11587 posts) -

I sincerely doubt it. He should, because he should probably understand for himself and make his own opinion rather than taking the overreaction of the internet for granted. The bitching about saves is entirely pointless, because at the end of the day your choices don't really matter other than some call-outs here and there.

#52 Posted by Bloodgraiv3 (2712 posts) -

Probably not.

#53 Posted by Pr1mus (3855 posts) -

I hope he doesn't. Like any reviewer he has enough bad games to play as it is, he shouldn't force himself to play through this abomination if it's not required.

#54 Posted by kerse (2110 posts) -

Definitely not by march, I would bet during summer he will finish it though.

#55 Posted by Aleryn (704 posts) -

If he gets his memstick back and the save files are available, I think he will cram through Mass3 before the awards are dolled out.

#56 Posted by jakob187 (21662 posts) -

PSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSH!

FUCK NO!

#57 Posted by Cloudenvy (5891 posts) -

No way in hell!

And of course he'll complain about them talking spoilers in the GOTY casts as well!

#58 Edited by Tennmuerti (8057 posts) -

Pshhh NO.

Assassin's Creed.

And after the end of the year ME3 talk, which is almost inevitable, it will be even less likely.

#59 Posted by Godlyawesomeguy (6396 posts) -

Given that he hasn't even played Brotherhood at this point...I doubt it.

#60 Edited by Pinworm45 (4088 posts) -

@AngelN7 said:

@Colourful_Hippie said:

@AngelN7: I wish Leviathan made it into the game because it had some great missions and an awesome reveal at the end that would have made the overall game better if it made it into the shipping product.

Wait Leviathan is more than just one mission? I though it was sorta like From Ashes but with you getting Leviathan instead of a playable character ... I should download that at some point.

This post is leviathan spoiler free other than how I felt at the end of Leviathan.

Obviously I disagree with them because I thought Leviathan was absolutely horrible from a gameplay perspective, but I'm warning you not to get too excited about the idea of multiple missions - It's more like doing the same two boring ass missions over. And over. And over. And over. And then getting 2 minutes of an ending that looks like it'll be excited, but leaves you feeling like "okay, this doesn't really matter and makes an already convoluted mess even more convoluted"

#61 Posted by Colourful_Hippie (4337 posts) -

@Pinworm45 said:

@AngelN7 said:

@Colourful_Hippie said:

@AngelN7: I wish Leviathan made it into the game because it had some great missions and an awesome reveal at the end that would have made the overall game better if it made it into the shipping product.

Wait Leviathan is more than just one mission? I though it was sorta like From Ashes but with you getting Leviathan instead of a playable character ... I should download that at some point.

This post is leviathan spoiler free other than how I felt at the end of Leviathan. Obviously I disagree with them because I thought Leviathan was absolutely horrible from a gameplay perspective, but I'm warning you not to get too excited about the idea of multiple missions - It's more like doing the same two boring ass missions over. And over. And over. And over. And then getting 2 minutes of an ending that looks like it'll be excited, but leaves you feeling like "okay, this doesn't really matter and makes an already convoluted mess even more convoluted"

Yeah I agree on the gameplay weaknesses, even the mech addition didn't exactly add anything substantial but the whole mysterious overtones in the beginning of the DLC was what was interesting me. As for the end I think that stuff could have been worked into the fiction a lot better and being released with the shipping product would have helped tremendously.

#62 Posted by yoshisaur (2700 posts) -

If he has 1-2 days to himself, he can blow through it pretty quickly if he just tries. I'm a stay at home Father and was able to complete the game in a week at about 25 hours, so I don't see how he couldn't if he just put his head to it.

#63 Edited by Pinworm45 (4088 posts) -

@Colourful_Hippie said:

@Pinworm45 said:

@AngelN7 said:

@Colourful_Hippie said:

@AngelN7: I wish Leviathan made it into the game because it had some great missions and an awesome reveal at the end that would have made the overall game better if it made it into the shipping product.

Wait Leviathan is more than just one mission? I though it was sorta like From Ashes but with you getting Leviathan instead of a playable character ... I should download that at some point.

This post is leviathan spoiler free other than how I felt at the end of Leviathan. Obviously I disagree with them because I thought Leviathan was absolutely horrible from a gameplay perspective, but I'm warning you not to get too excited about the idea of multiple missions - It's more like doing the same two boring ass missions over. And over. And over. And over. And then getting 2 minutes of an ending that looks like it'll be excited, but leaves you feeling like "okay, this doesn't really matter and makes an already convoluted mess even more convoluted"

Yeah I agree on the gameplay weaknesses, even the mech addition didn't exactly add anything substantial but the whole mysterious overtones in the beginning of the DLC was what was interesting me

I agree, the mysterious undertones in the beginning were cool.

Then the same thing was done again.

And then again.

And the I was so bored I had to drink to get through it, so I don't remember if it did it AGAIN, but it might have. All to get to a pretty disappointing ending. Oh well.

#64 Posted by Christoffer (1786 posts) -

I would say he will absolutely not finnish ME3. But there's always the slight chance he wants to put Jeff in his place. Besides, you could truck through that game in a weekend if you want to.

But I still don't think he will do it.

#65 Posted by Lind_L_Taylor (3963 posts) -

This same thing happened to me when I used USB with the Xbox.  It was awful.  I lost my Renegade Femshep that had gone through both ME 1 & ME 2 previously.  Then about a month or two later, the Xbox produced the Cloud feature which could have saved the character if I hadn't bought that second Xbox to pass a character between.  I plan on running the gauntlet of ME 1 - 3 with a Renegade Femshep.  No one will be spared from Femshep's wrath..

#66 Posted by Neurotic (632 posts) -

I think he will. But not in time for GOTY. He'll play it over Christmas, just like he did with Assassin's Creed I and II.

#67 Posted by phrosnite (3518 posts) -

No, but I couldn't care less anyway. Brad's opinion means nothing to me.

#68 Posted by Hunkulese (2694 posts) -

I hope he finishes it then fights hard for it to be game of the year.

#69 Posted by ImmortalSaiyan (4676 posts) -

I'd like to hear him talk about it so I hope he does by GOTY podcast time.

#70 Edited by Jackhole (369 posts) -
#71 Posted by ImmortalSaiyan (4676 posts) -

@Jackhole said:

Brad is online right now playing Mass Effect 2 on casual. He's already level 30. This is happening. https://live.xbox.com/en-US/Profile?gamertag=bradx0r

It's a little weird that we can monitor him like that. Disregarding that, i'm surprised he decided to actually go through mass effect 2 first. I guess he figures he can be speedy.

#72 Posted by Shaanyboi (1281 posts) -

Well he's obviously playing it now, so.... yes?

#73 Posted by kishinfoulux (2276 posts) -

The shitty thing is his opinion and thoughts on it are going to be swayed by all the bitching and moaning that's gone on. The game has been out for a long time now, and the arguments ran wild. I would've liked to have gotten his thoughts on the game when it first came out. His enthusiasm for the game just waned and dropped constantly, to the point where it seemed like he was just forcing himself through it. A lot of that has to do with Jeff I think, who just has a bad attitude towards the game. He makes it seem worse then it really is (in fact it's not a bad game at all, it's a really good one). It's fine to think it's not better then ME2, but that doesn't automatically make it terrible.

#74 Posted by Milkman (16618 posts) -
#75 Posted by Colourful_Hippie (4337 posts) -

@Milkman said:

@Jackhole said:

Brad is online right now playing Mass Effect 2 on casual. He's already level 30. This is happening. https://live.xbox.com/en-US/Profile?gamertag=bradx0r

Ooo, this is weird. I like it.

He's playing it right now. He's level 50.

Wow so he's almost finished with the game then.

#TeamBrad

#76 Posted by kishinfoulux (2276 posts) -

Ugh he's playing a Soldier too? The fuck man. You play a Soldier in every other game out there. Why be a Soldier when you can be a god damn space wizard?

#77 Posted by Lydian_Sel (2483 posts) -

I voted Yes to be optimistic, also because he'll probably need to have played it for GOTY podcasts.

Realistically though, he was committed to playing all the Assassin's Creed games & he's only just getting around to that now, so yeah... Probably not.

#78 Posted by sungahymn (992 posts) -

Yes.

#79 Posted by big_jon (5723 posts) -

The hate on ME3 is so over blown, it was a good game.

#80 Posted by dungbootle (2457 posts) -

I voted Yes awhile back just for the sake of being optimistic, but I'm pretty sure he will actually do it now.

#81 Posted by Tarsier (1057 posts) -

@big_jon said:

The hate on ME3 is so over blown, it was a good game.

i agree. it was much better than the first. the ending was completely reasonable. the singularity rules.

#82 Posted by kishinfoulux (2276 posts) -

Glad to hear that Brad has been enjoying it and isn't letting all the shitty negativity bring him down.

#83 Posted by glyn (382 posts) -

@Tarsier said:

@big_jon said:

The hate on ME3 is so over blown, it was a good game.

i agree. it was much better than the first. the ending was completely reasonable. the singularity rules.

Clearly not

#84 Posted by Tarsier (1057 posts) -

@glyn said:

@Tarsier said:

@big_jon said:

The hate on ME3 is so over blown, it was a good game.

i agree. it was much better than the first. the ending was completely reasonable. the singularity rules.

Clearly not

youre right, i forgot i was wrong, because popular opinion disagrees with me . woops

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.