You're Favorite Moment in ME3 (Spoilers)

• 143 results
#51 Posted by Yummylee (21493 posts) -

@Irvandus said:

All of this plus everyone except EDI's final dialogue when your in London. Shepard and Garrus talking about the big space bar in heaven was really touching.

Ha, for a second there I read that as if they were literally talking a large keyboard space bar in Heaven... Was trying to remember when the hell they were talking about that :P

#52 Edited by AndrewB (7575 posts) -

I think my favorite part was close to the end where they throw an endless number of the toughest enemies at you. It's *insane* on insanity. I kept yelling out such articulate gems as "this shit is fucked!" and yet I still made it through without dying. That was the most insane fight I think I've ever seen in a video game. Unlike every fucking Kai Leng piece of bull fight.

My favorite character moment was where Liara had a sit-down with Shepard and was going over her own version of the Beacon, her message for the next race in the cycle. That and Thane's death were the two most touching scenes in the game.

I was also shocked but happy about catching Tali and Garrus together. But~ I'll be seeing how things play out with Tali as my romance someday, since one of my Shepards went that path

#53 Edited by Tennmuerti (8066 posts) -
@Abyssfull said:

I'm Garrus Vakarian and this is my favourite spot on the Citadel!

This oh god, THIS!!!!!!!

I never imagined that missing that shot on purpose would be so goddamn amazing!
Garrus has been through shit, hell and high water with me, everything all actions and dialogue with him in ME3 were superb. At the end he felt like a brother to my Shepard. (no slight intended to my real brother whom i love a bunch)
There is a wealth of incredible moments in this game. Some are fist pumpingly awesome, some made me tear up in joy, some in sadness, some in both at the same time.
#54 Posted by RedRoach (1191 posts) -

I'm Garrus and this is my favourite spot on the Citadel was awesome. And Mordin's last few minutes were great. As he blew up I shouted out SCIENTIST SALAAAARIAN half teary eyed.

#55 Posted by AndrewB (7575 posts) -

"I'm Garrus Vakarian, and this is my favorite spot on the Citadel!"

Goddamn, I totally forgot about that one.

And induction port.

Man, come to think of it, there was a *ton* of spot-on writing in this game.

#56 Posted by lclay (383 posts) -

Mordin's death had me in tears; he was my favourite character. 

"I'm Garrus Vakarian and this is now my favourite spot on the citadel!" had me laughing for a good 5 minutes. 

Man,  I'm gonna go play this game again.

#57 Posted by altairre (1176 posts) -

@lclay said:

Mordin's death had me in tears; he was my favourite character. "I'm Garrus Vakarian and this is now my favourite spot on the citadel!" had me laughing for a good 5 minutes. Man, I'm gonna go play this game again.

Yup. The ending is unfortunate but man, if this game isn´t awesome nonetheless. Great trilogy. Also: "There is no Shepard without Vakarian". Damn right there isn´t.

#58 Posted by JeanLuc (3578 posts) -

@BoG said:

@Abyssfull said:

@JeanLuc said:

Oh god their were so many moments that I loved! I guess that one I really liked was the bit where Tali gets drunk after the mission with Miranda (Something that I just realized Patrick will never see).

Do you mean because Miranda's dead? No, she still gets drunk (which frankly seems more fitting)... though I can't believe they still had her getting drunk even if she was alive >_> But then I put a little thought into it and it's not so surprising. I need to start getting used to the fact that 9/10 of your choices mean nothing in these games.

She gets drunk even if Miranda lives. In fact, oddly enough she speaks as if Miranda were dead, even though she was alive.

Actually it was because Patrick said Tali was eaten by those bugs in his playthough. But that's interesting that she still gets drunk.

#59 Posted by JasonR86 (9657 posts) -

Man, I really liked that ending!

...yeah, I went there.

#60 Posted by JeanLuc (3578 posts) -

I'm glad this thread exists. I was feeling really down on the game because of that ending. Being reminded of all these awesome moments makes me think, "You know what? Mass Effect 3 was still fucking kickass and the trilogy deserves to stand up as one of gaming's greatest!"

#61 Posted by clumsyninja1 (817 posts) -

The ending...just kidding

#62 Edited by Gatehouse (607 posts) -

@roughneck117 said:

Tali and Garrus. That was the most surprising and the best part of the game. Also, Emergency Induction Port.

All this. Actually, hell, pretty much everything before the space-child. Garrus was amazing, Liara was amazing, Legion, Thane and Mordin's ends were amazing, stabbing Kai Leng was amazing. And that little smile from Liara in the ending, just heartbreaking.

#63 Posted by BoG (5187 posts) -

@JeanLuc said:

@BoG said:

@Abyssfull said:

@JeanLuc said:

Oh god their were so many moments that I loved! I guess that one I really liked was the bit where Tali gets drunk after the mission with Miranda (Something that I just realized Patrick will never see).

Do you mean because Miranda's dead? No, she still gets drunk (which frankly seems more fitting)... though I can't believe they still had her getting drunk even if she was alive >_> But then I put a little thought into it and it's not so surprising. I need to start getting used to the fact that 9/10 of your choices mean nothing in these games.

She gets drunk even if Miranda lives. In fact, oddly enough she speaks as if Miranda were dead, even though she was alive.

Actually it was because Patrick said Tali was eaten by those bugs in his playthough. But that's interesting that she still gets drunk.

Yeah, and as I said, she speaks as if Miranda had died. It's strange... Drunken Quarians. Bad idea.

#64 Posted by skyline7284 (505 posts) -

Thane's death just ripper me to pieces. I played almost all of Mass Effect 2 rolling with Thane and Miranda and i romanced Miranda in ME2. I just loved thane's character arc from ME2 to ME3 and the way he went out just hit me really hard. Thane was easily my favorite character in the Mass Effect franchise in that he seemed so different than the rest of the characters, He was a badass, but also a gentleman. I think he had the best death scene in the entire series, in that it was fitting for him. The only moment that really impacted me significantly. Now i'm going to play Mass Effect 2 again.

#65 Posted by RockinKemosabe (619 posts) -

I loved it when Tali was drunk (not sure if she said this depending if you romanced Miranda or not) but she said: "I didn't like her, Keelah, she was such a bitch."

#66 Posted by briangodsoe (487 posts) -

@Abyssfull said:

@RockinKemosabe said:

I actually really liked the quiet moments with Liara. She was my romance option throughout the trilogy (I didn't cheat on her in 2!) and I felt like those moments were really moving, like the scene with the time capsule she made.

I... 'accidentally' cheated on Liara in my main playthrough... I figured that Samantha Traynor was to be another cheap fling like Kelly Chambers and wouldn't actually count as a love-interest, only then to find Liara lashing at me because she ''knows about me and Samantha''... and from then on Samantha apparently became my love-interest. I wasn't able to mend things with Liara =( Oh well, suppose it's my own fault for being such a whore.

I romanced Miranda in ME2 even though my Shep was with Liara in ME1. I decided that after the Shadow Broker adventure and picking her up again in ME3 on Mars resparked that so I went through with it. But that also led to an awkward, and surprisingly sad, scene where Miranada asks Shepard if things are the same and I gave her some bullshit excuse about focusing on the galaxy or whatever. Then she starts crying and I feel like a piece of shit for it. The Liara choice ended up being the right one because of how actually touching it seemed to be without being forced, but man I can't believe this game actually made me feel like crap for blowing off an ex video game girlfriend.

Also bringing peace to the Quarians and the Geth was a huge fucking highlight. It effected my decision at the end of the game where, if certain theories are correct, the Reapers played me hard because of it.

#67 Posted by briangodsoe (487 posts) -

@JeanLuc said:

I'm glad this thread exists. I was feeling really down on the game because of that ending. Being reminded of all these awesome moments makes me think, "You know what? Mass Effect 3 was still fucking kickass and the trilogy deserves to stand up as one of gaming's greatest!"

Yes. I don't know why people are going to let 10 minutes of footage ruin previous uninterrupted hours of some of the best storytelling in the greatest universe in modern gaming.

#68 Edited by Seppli (10251 posts) -

Mordin's Noble Sacrifice. Loved visiting the cockpit after every mission to hear the Joker/EDI banter. Garrus' besties forever scene.

Most memorable though? The epic mindfuck that is the faux-ending! Only in videogames man. Nowhere else.

P.S. The bad assery that is Grunt's 'last stand' scene made my inner 12-year old go WHUUUUUUUUUU!

#69 Posted by ajamafalous (11957 posts) -

I am favorite moment in Mass Effect 3.

#70 Edited by N7 (3580 posts) -

Probably when I delivered that data pad to the Asari on the Citadel. Considering I hooked that Krogan(Char) and her up, it was really depressing to hear his final poetic goodbye to her. Bummed me right the fuck out. It hit me hard and made me realize that "Mass Effect 3 is the real deal", until the last ten minutes, of course. But thinking back on it, the game was goddamn awesome. I'm not going to let some stupid ending bother me.

There was a lot of cool shit with this game.

#71 Posted by MooseyMcMan (10888 posts) -

"I'm Garrus Vakarian, and this is my favorite spot on the Citadel!"

#72 Posted by EpicBenjamin (624 posts) -

I'm sad that I missed the "I'm Garrus Vakarian and this is my favourite spot on the Citadel" part, though Thane's death and when Das Malefitz plays through the credits are probably my favourite parts.

#73 Posted by LibraryDues (342 posts) -

When I killed Legion.

"Tali'Zorah, does... this.. unit... have..."

"Yes, yes it does"

/fighting tears. What a heart wrenching and amazing moment.

#74 Posted by Floppypants (798 posts) -

The emotional punch I felt after watching the time capsule sequence was second to none across the entire series. I immediately regretted not choosing Liara as my love interest. It was a rare kind of touching moment that doesn't happen frequently enough in this medium.

My runner-up is Thane's death. It's also touching, especially if you play a femshep who romanced him in 2.

But the game is full of poignant moments with characters I've grown to love. The outrage over the ending stems from how fantastic the rest of the game is.

#75 Posted by LawGamer (161 posts) -

Killing Udina. I'd wanted to shoot that asshole for 2 1/2 games.

#76 Posted by MildMolasses (3219 posts) -

@Floppypants said:

My runner-up is Thane's death. It's also touching, especially if you play a femshep who romanced him in 2.

It was. And I really like how they handle it

For me, it was Mordin's death. I'm not sure how it plays out for other people, but I actually pulled the trigger on him. All this talk of player agency in relation to this game, no game has given me the same sense of dread and regret as when I was given a brief option to pull the trigger on him and stop him from dispersing the cure. I felt awful watching him die, but I also believed that stopping him was for the greater good, but I could have very easily (literally) not pulled that trigger. I made that choice and I felt awful about it

I wish I got to see this tali stuff that was mentioned, but she never made to the third game

#77 Posted by project343 (2817 posts) -

There were so many fantastic moments--the most in the series. It's really hard to say. Liara's black box interview with you and Cortez's tasteful sexuality reveal are probably my two favourites. Thane's death being a close third.

#78 Posted by The_Ruiner (1038 posts) -

The stand off with and eventual killing of Wrex...and Shooting Mordin.....two of the most memorable gaming experiences I ever had....

#79 Edited by TheHT (11128 posts) -

There's a bunch. Garrus on the Citadel, drunk Tali talking to Javik, renegade-interrupting Kai Leng, Mordin's death, Thane's prayer, that queen thresher maw man-handling a Reaper.

Though my number one's gotta be making peace between the quarian and geth. Everything going on in that scene, from Legion's development to Tali pleading with Shepard to stop him, to telling off the quarian fleet. Not to mention Raan and the geth prime. So good!

Oh man, and how could I forget about Liara's little project. This game is great.

edit: Ok, I just looked at Tali's suicide. That's gotta be the saddest moment in the game right there. And the trick paragon-interrupt is brilliant.

#80 Posted by BlatantNinja23 (930 posts) -

Faking the curing of the genophage was pretty fun.... that and obviously taking a "shower" with Traynor

#81 Posted by Dunchad (484 posts) -

Like most, I loved Mordin's and Thane's death scenes - both had me tearing up. But since I prefer the positive, my absolute favourite moment of the game was the moment that made me laugh out loud.

When Mordin is talking about retiring and Shepard makes a comment about Mordin going crazy, there's a long pause after which Mordin says: "Might run tests on the seashells." For some reason that really hit the spot with me.

I also really liked the conversations you could overhear on Citadel: the asari commando who killed a little girl to survive, the teenager in denial who is waiting for her parents to arrive, the Alzhaimer-lady talking to the asari at the embassy - they were all really good little stories. At some point I just started reloading the areas so I could hear the next bit of the story. Though doing that poked holes into the game - the conversations don't end, but instead start looping (except the PTSD asari, who disappears if you give her permission for a gun).

#82 Posted by morrelloman (608 posts) -

I am Urgnot Wrex and this is MY PLANET!

#83 Posted by theclaw1980 (9 posts) -

Emergency Induction Port.

#84 Posted by spartan1017 (222 posts) -
@roughneck117 said:

Tali and Garrus. That was the most surprising and the best part of the game. Also, Emergency Induction Port.

That and saying goodbye to Garrus and Ashley.
Shepard and Vakarian storming heaven!
#85 Posted by Korolev (1703 posts) -

Everything after Mars and before the sequence where you run towards the light. It's really sad - they did so many things so very right with ME3, but the beginning was a bit mediocre and the ending was disappointing. I was one of those who was really quite upset after I finished it. After a few days have passed, I have given it more consideration and realized that most of ME3 was good. It's just that the parts that are poor, are really quite poor.

#86 Posted by Fistfulofmetal (683 posts) -

Even though my romance was Tali, I found every moment with Liara to be really good. I felt they did a good job establishing Shepard and Liara as being very close friends. Especially the galactic archive scene and when she shares minds with him at the end and rests her head on his shoulder.

#87 Posted by MildMolasses (3219 posts) -

@The_Ruiner said:

The stand off with and eventual killing of Wrex...and Shooting Mordin.....two of the most memorable gaming experiences I ever had....

I don't know what it was, but I really grew to dislike Wrex in this game. I won't say I felt good about taking him down, but I wasn't really disappointed with it either

#88 Posted by Garrus (543 posts) -

Best Moment?

Jane and me, throwing the bottles and shooting them.

#89 Posted by McBradders (150 posts) -

So many good moments in this game. I'll readily admit that a lot of it was pretty cheap as it was fan service but I can't say I care too much when I am this invested in everything and everyone in that universe.

There's one moment with Legion when you take on the Reaper Server. When he hops out;

Shepard: Good luck.

Legion: Acknowledged.

Then they escape and Shepard gets pissed and hops out of the transport to take on the Reaper;

Legion: Good luck.

Shepard: Acknowledged.

Tiny little moments like that were just so damned great. And there are so many. They also nailed Garrus so hard in this installment. I was quite literally choking up when you speak with him on Earth before heading out to hit the magic beam to go talk to Vent God and taste the rainbow. Garrus, you are forever my bro.

#90 Posted by scottp (232 posts) -

When you go into the Geth matrix, That was awesome!

#91 Posted by matthias2437 (985 posts) -

Grunt destroying all of those Rachni then running out of the case covered in blood was pretty cool. Mordin dying was probably my favorite part though... he was so awesome.

#92 Posted by altairre (1176 posts) -

@McBradders said:

So many good moments in this game. I'll readily admit that a lot of it was pretty cheap as it was fan service but I can't say I care too much when I am this invested in everything and everyone in that universe.

There's one moment with Legion when you take on the Reaper Server. When he hops out;

Shepard: Good luck.

Legion: Acknowledged.

Then they escape and Shepard gets pissed and hops out of the transport to take on the Reaper;

Legion: Good luck.

Shepard: Acknowledged.

Tiny little moments like that were just so damned great. And there are so many. They also nailed Garrus so hard in this installment. I was quite literally choking up when you speak with him on Earth before heading out to hit the magic beam to go talk to Vent God and taste the rainbow. Garrus, you are forever my bro.

I really liked that Legion moment too because you can see that they thought about this. I think there are more memorable moments and lines of dialogue in ME3 than in ME2.

"Stand in the ashes of a trillion dead souls and ask their ghosts if honor matters. The silence is your answer."

#93 Posted by Mike76x (558 posts) -

Tali getting wasted at the bar, then drunk-dialing Javik.

Then I got these texts in the ME Datapad app

#94 Posted by darkdragonmage99 (740 posts) -

Tali without her mask 

#95 Edited by SonicBoyster (349 posts) -

@MildMolasses said:

@Floppypants said:

For me, it was Mordin's death. I'm not sure how it plays out for other people, but I actually pulled the trigger on him. All this talk of player agency in relation to this game, no game has given me the same sense of dread and regret as when I was given a brief option to pull the trigger on him and stop him from dispersing the cure. I felt awful watching him die, but I also believed that stopping him was for the greater good, but I could have very easily (literally) not pulled that trigger. I made that choice and I felt awful about it

This is what I'm all about. After dealing with all the krogans during the second game I decided it was for the best to let the genophage run its course. They seemed dangerous and like helping them out would be really stupidly idealistic. "Surely nothing can go wrong if we let these super aggressive murderous giant lizard dudes breed infinitely again." I destroyed Maelon's data. In the third game all of a sudden it's starting to look like maybe there's more to the culture, and *maybe* wrex could pull it together for his people, but without that data Eve died, and I had to choose between trusting Wrex alone with the future of his people or trusting the genophage to keep them in check. I took the genophage option. I almost didn't pull the trigger on Mordin as he walked away in slow motion but I got the shot off and everything was just depressing as fuck after that. Lying to everybody, even your own crew, it made all the recycled "successful" dialog feel like getting punched in the stomach.

Later Wrex jumps you on the citidel and you end up having to murder him or let him get killed by C-sec and that felt just as shitty.

The best moment to come out of that whole ordeal though, as somebody who was not playing a renegade but made those choices for the greater good, was getting to admit what you'd done to Garrus, and getting his support for it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vc3SRlBsLqc

#96 Posted by The_Ruiner (1038 posts) -

@MildMolasses said:

@The_Ruiner said:

I don't know what it was, but I really grew to dislike Wrex in this game. I won't say I felt good about taking him down, but I wasn't really disappointed with it either

He's was far more like your typical Krogan in this one...I imagine it was a result of his position of power. I felt bad about killing him actually, but it made the story so much more interesting. I'm really glad i played renegade..there are some really dark choices...

#97 Posted by JohnDudebro (924 posts) -

Sitting in the Illusive Man's chair.

#98 Posted by Bourbon_Warrior (4523 posts) -

@ZoomyRamen: Yep I was playing Paragon, but couldnt help tapping the RT like I did in the previous games. Had a genuine LOL when she ducked it and I missed the 2nd RT prompt and got hit back.

#99 Posted by AndrewB (7575 posts) -

@Abyssfull said:

Ohhh, and both Mordin and Thane's death were really impactful and well executed imo. Mordin's in particular made me choke up a bit. In fact, everything to do with Mordin in this game was grand... all the more sad that there was no way he couldn't join my squad again.

Shame I think he just becomes a war asset in the unlikely event you do everything (wrong) to keep him alive. But he's supposed to die!

#100 Posted by Sweep (8841 posts) -

Probably when Grunt offers to stay behind and cover your escape. I got really fucking annoyed when that cut-scene was playing out, as I thought the game was going to develop into this "Find old team member, watch old team member die" routine, but when he staggered out of the cave covered in blood after fucking shit up that was a fists raised in awesomeness moment.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.