Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Mass Effect

Franchise »

Mass Effect is a science fiction franchise created by BioWare. The main games follow the adventures of Commander Shepard, the first human Spectre, as he/she tries to protect the galaxy from an ancient and malevolent alien race.

I feel like I'm in the twilight zone

Avatar image for deactivated-5b45500a95f79
    deactivated-5b45500a95f79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

I wouldn't say I'm a cynic but I can't find one person who doesn't praise this game.  I don't see it.  I mean, absolutely; this game had incredible polish, great voice acting.  That's where my list ends.  The conservation choices seem to have little to no impact on the overall story except for a few scenes.  Seeing people get excited about the choices is equivalent to when people get excited when they play barbie with their game characters.  The gameplay just seems like an insert between what I have already labelled as shallow character interactions.  I don't try to hate this game, I have beaten both games and tried to play ME2 with gameplus and I become lethargic over what I see as jumping through hoops.  Feels so good to complain on the internet.

Rolyatkcinmai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By Rolyatkcinmai

It happens sometimes. Opinions.

Yanngc33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By Yanngc33

ME1 sucks but come on, you've got to love the epicness of ME2

jeanluc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 13

#4  Edited By jeanluc  Staff

Come play with us Kenobi, come play with us!

jasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By jasta

I don't think the choices were meant to have an impact on the grand scale that you are hoping for. I seen them as more of an opportunity for me to be badass in space as the situations presented themselves, regardless of how big or small the consequences would be. 

rosebud04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By rosebud04
    @wasteguru said:
    Come play with us Kenobi, come play with us!
    Forever and Ever and Ever!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.