Mass Effect Trilogy in a Single Package This Fall

• 140 results
Posted by patrickklepek (3468 posts) -
Having all three Mass Effect games in a single package for $59.99 is one hell of a deal.

Electronic Arts and BioWare are packaging the Mass Effect trilogy as a single package this fall, giving you Mass Effect, Mass Effect 2, and Mass Effect 3 for $59.99.

Even better, the original Mass Effect is coming to PlayStation 3. The catch? The trilogy package is coming to Xbox 360 and PC on November 6, while the PS3 compilation is “at a later date.”

In addition to a package deal, the original Mass Effect will be available as a standalone download on PlayStation Network, whenever that version is finished.

This coincides with the announcement of N7 Day on November 6, a “worldwide celebration” of the franchise that will coincide with a “variety of in-game, online and live events.”

Staff
#1 Posted by patrickklepek (3468 posts) -
Having all three Mass Effect games in a single package for $59.99 is one hell of a deal.

Electronic Arts and BioWare are packaging the Mass Effect trilogy as a single package this fall, giving you Mass Effect, Mass Effect 2, and Mass Effect 3 for $59.99.

Even better, the original Mass Effect is coming to PlayStation 3. The catch? The trilogy package is coming to Xbox 360 and PC on November 6, while the PS3 compilation is “at a later date.”

In addition to a package deal, the original Mass Effect will be available as a standalone download on PlayStation Network, whenever that version is finished.

This coincides with the announcement of N7 Day on November 6, a “worldwide celebration” of the franchise that will coincide with a “variety of in-game, online and live events.”

Staff
#2 Posted by orderseeker (21 posts) -

Saw this coming.

#3 Posted by Voxus (319 posts) -

Wrex.

#4 Posted by AuthenticM (3698 posts) -

This is fucking fantastic !

#5 Posted by FuriousJodo (115 posts) -

Does it include all of the DLC for all three games?

#6 Posted by Rafaelfc (1313 posts) -

holy crap! they are not even waiting for the next gemeration to pump out collections anymore...

#7 Posted by zombie2011 (4968 posts) -

releasing the same day as Halo 4 and Election day, probably not the best idea.

#8 Posted by Duffyside (883 posts) -

Finally. Been wondering if ME1 would make the switch to PS3 for years now.

#9 Posted by dethmunky (20 posts) -

@0blivion: Shepard.

#10 Posted by dethmunky (20 posts) -

I'm assuming this includes all of the DLC?

#11 Posted by Phished0ne (2479 posts) -

Great! Just in time for me to no longer give a shit about Mass Effect because i've already played 2 and 3 on my ps3.

#12 Posted by Nicky92 (76 posts) -

I will buy the first game on PSN only if the game is discounted on price. $60 or £40 in the UK is way too much for a 2007 game I believe.

#13 Posted by theanticitizen (258 posts) -
@0blivion Shepard
#14 Posted by Metal_Mills (2980 posts) -

lol Wii-U

#15 Posted by abdo (1037 posts) -

Urgh.

#16 Posted by WilliamHenry (1200 posts) -

This is kind of a slap in the face to everyone who bought ME3 when it was released. If I would have known I could have gotten all three games for the same price less than a year later, I probably would have waited.

#17 Posted by Athadam (673 posts) -

Great news, but the original Mass Effect gameplay and graphics may be a little dated for newer players and could possibly discourage them from the whole series all together.

#18 Posted by Shuborno (938 posts) -

@Metal_Mills said:

lol Wii-U

Right, so 3 games for $60 on PC, 360, PS3, and 1 game for $60 on Wii-U?

Also, cool that PS3 owners can play ME1. ME2 is my favourite due to the mechanics not being garbage, but ME1's story still feels like the best.

#19 Posted by Frootsnax (73 posts) -

@0blivion: Shepard

#20 Posted by xMrSunshine (360 posts) -
@Castermhief117: That's too bad considering it's the best game in the series.
#21 Posted by taz88ny (2 posts) -

I would hope that this collection includes all of the DLC, if not, it doesn't seem like a great deal.

#22 Posted by NegativeCero (2975 posts) -

Does it come with all the DLC. Otherwise, I already own the first two games, and the third one is about $20-ish.

#23 Posted by Taku128 (792 posts) -

Or you could buy the Wii U version of just Mass Effect 3 for $60. Because that makes sense.

#24 Edited by evanbower (1210 posts) -

I wonder, and hear me out here, if the entire trilogy will come out on Wii U? I've had similar hopes for both Batman and Assassin's Creed, that an earlier entry in the series would get thrown on the disc as well, since it's been announced the Wii U's discs would have more than enough room to hold them.

#25 Posted by Atom (195 posts) -

I still own the first 2 games for Xbox 360 but I'd love to have the complete trilogy for PC... on Steam :P

#26 Edited by KILLER_CATT (65 posts) -

N7 Day is on November 7 - not November 6.. :P

#27 Edited by martinallan (27 posts) -

Wouldn't N7 day be better on November the 7th? Good news for PS3 owners though, Mass Effect is a great game.

#28 Posted by Video_Game_King (35982 posts) -

Why does that guy have a B cup?

#29 Posted by Shortbreadtom (687 posts) -

@0blivion: Shepherd.

#30 Posted by Athadam (673 posts) -

@xMrSunshine said:

@Castermhief117: That's too bad considering it's the best game in the series.

I liked Mass Effect 2 the best but, 1 and 2 felt a lot closer to home than 3 did.

#31 Posted by Aarny91 (3912 posts) -

I'll finally actually play them then.

#32 Posted by YoungFrey (1321 posts) -

No DLC, no deal.

#33 Posted by crusader8463 (14413 posts) -

@Video_Game_King said:

Why does that guy have a B cup?

Because his A cup was in the shop?

#34 Posted by EriMus (23 posts) -

I just hope a version of Mass Effect 3 - be it the version in this pack or a standalone release - eventually makes its way to Steam.

#35 Posted by Froghourt (108 posts) -

This is great, I played the first one on Xbox, but I haven't played any of the others becuase I just have a PS3 now, and I want my save game to come over.

#36 Posted by kagato (893 posts) -

Why would they not bring this to WiiU? Literally makes no sense, the console that has never had a Mass Effect game gets the last one but not the previous 2? EA do the strangest things..

#37 Posted by That1Guy (9 posts) -

@FuriousJodo: I hope so, but since its EA I doubt it.

#38 Posted by RuthLoose (780 posts) -

@Castermhief117 said:

Great news, but the original Mass Effect gameplay and graphics may be a little dated for newer players and could possibly discourage them from the whole series all together.

But it has the best music by far for the entire franchise.

#39 Posted by GERALTITUDE (2904 posts) -

@Shuborno: Yeah this blows my mind.

They should've waited, ported ME1+2 to WiiU along with ME3, and just had the trilogy land across all platforms at once. Neither WiiU launch day nor stupid N7 day are worth the current situation.

#40 Edited by TripMasterMunky (2403 posts) -

the mass effect trilogy was fun, but i totally don't care about it anymore

#41 Posted by wewantsthering (1550 posts) -

@kagato said:

Why would they not bring this to WiiU? Literally makes no sense, the console that has never had a Mass Effect game gets the last one but not the previous 2? EA do the strangest things..

Because it would take a substantial amount of work to port it over to an unproven console.

#42 Posted by CitizenJP (1005 posts) -

Ssshhh, Bioware...you had me at Mass Effect 1 for PS3.

#43 Posted by evanbower (1210 posts) -

@wewantsthering said:

@kagato said:

Because it would take a substantial amount of work to port it over to an unproven console.

I actually highly doubt this. Since they've ported ME3 already, a lot of that work is already done.

#44 Posted by wewantsthering (1550 posts) -

@evanbower said:

@wewantsthering said:

@kagato said:

I actually highly doubt this. Since they've ported ME3 already, a lot of that work is already done.

Each game takes a lot of work for individual issues. Sure, a large chunk of the engine code is the same, but there are many factors when porting games. Also: It's brand new to the console so people will pay $60 for one game there because there won't be very many titles.

#45 Posted by MetalGearSunny (6986 posts) -

Fuck. I've already played the first two games but I fucking want this.

#46 Posted by Phatmac (5721 posts) -

Any word on whether the DLC for all of these games will be available in this package? Mass Effect had some DLC so I'm wondering if it'll be playable on the PS3.

#47 Posted by WJist (313 posts) -

The other day, I saw the Art of Mass Effect coffee table book and thought about buying it, but then I realized I really only thoroughly enjoyed Mass Effect 2....the other games are good, but not great. Good that Mass Effect is coming to more people so they can judge for themselves (kinda soon for a compilation disc, no?), but I wonder what a "worldwide celebration" entails? Contests? Mulitplayer bonuses on ME3?

#48 Posted by mlarrabee (2885 posts) -

I own Mass Effect 1 and 2 along will all of the DLC for both, but I never purchased Mass Effect 3. I'd be perfectly willing to pay full price now to get replacement discs so long as the DLC is on-disc.

(Plus, that one friend borrowed ME1 a year ago and hasn't returned it. I may want a new copy anyway...)

#49 Posted by Humanity (8801 posts) -

Thats a pretty amazing deal actually.

#50 Posted by hagridore (500 posts) -

I would re-buy a cleaned up ME1, but the PC version is probably what that is for.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.