50,000 years

#1 Posted by Serker (520 posts) -

it says every 50,000 years the reapers come back to wipe out the galaxy. so just wondering how many earth years one year in Mass Effect is... because 50,000 years aint a long time.

#2 Posted by GTCknight (695 posts) -

You need to also remember that the only reaper in the galaxy failed to activate the citadel mass relay. Thats why it took so long for sovereign to get all of its pieces together and launch its attack on the citadel.

#3 Edited by BiggerBomb (6944 posts) -


*Edit: SPOILERSPOILERSPOILERSPOILERSPOILERSPOILERSPOILERSPOILER!!!*








GTCknight
said:
"You need to also remember that the only reaper in the galaxy failed to activate the citadel mass relay. Thats why it took so long for sovereign to get all of its pieces together and launch its attack on the citadel."

Sovereign is The Reaper that the rest of his kind chose to leave behind, so he could active the mass relay for the next invasion, the rest are waiting in the dark space beyond the edge of the galaxy. He isn't the only one of his kind.

Serker said:
"it says every 50,000 years the reapers come back to wipe out the galaxy. so just wondering how many earth years one year in Mass Effect is... because 50,000 years aint a long time."

Anyway, back on topic! Are you sure it is 50,000 and not 50,000,000? If not, you raise a good point.
#4 Posted by GTCknight (695 posts) -
BiggerBomb said:
Sovereign is The Reaper that the rest of his kind chose to leave behind, so he could active the mass relay for the next invasion, the rest are waiting in the dark space beyond the edge of the galaxy. He isn't the only one of his kind.

Sorry, I meant the only one in the Mliky Way galaxy. I didn't mean the only one of his kind. I just figured everyone reading this topic had already played the game.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.