Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Mass Effect

Game » consists of 21 releases. Released Nov 20, 2007

Humanity is still a newcomer on the futuristic galactic stage, and it's up to the charismatic Commander Shepard to investigate the actions of a rogue agent while under threat from a dangerous synthetic race known as the Geth.

A Mass Effect Dilemma

Avatar image for deactivated-5d99c8cd85096
    deactivated-5d99c8cd85096

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

SO back when Mass Effect was released, I played it and really liked it. I got a little farther than the part where you rescue the blue woman, Liara is her name I believe? ANYWAY, I traded it in back then stupidly, and tonight I grabbed it again for 15 bucks because I need a new game to enjoy. So my question is:

Should I resume from where I was and be confused as to what's going on, seeing as I don't remember ANYTHING, or should I begin a new save file? What do you guys think? Also, how far along was I in my original playthrough?

citizenkane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 106

#2  Edited By citizenkane

It depends on if you did any of the other available missions off of the Citadel before rescuing Liara.  If rescuing her was the first thing you did once you left the Citadel, then you should be okay going back with your old save.

slinky6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By slinky6

Just start over, it's a great game.

Griddler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 15

#4  Edited By Griddler

That's about where I am and I don't think the story has progressed all that much yet but that was the first place I went so I don't know what happens on the other planets, 
    but if you went straight there you should be fine.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@CitizenKane: Is there any way I could tell by I dunno, looking at my achievements maybe? (that's not sarcasm by the way, but it sounded sarcastic when I typed it)
    citizenkane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 106

#6  Edited By citizenkane
    @Zombutler said:
    " @CitizenKane: Is there any way I could tell by I dunno, looking at my achievements maybe? (that's not sarcasm by the way, but it sounded sarcastic when I typed it) "
    You can load up that save and check the Journal and see what missions you have completed.  If you have finished any of the planets other than the one where you find Liara, you might as well start again.  It won't take that long to get back there and you could probably load your previous character's level and stats onto your new guy.
    brainwins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By brainwins

I would start over or read a walkthrough of the parts you don´t remember, that way you will know what is going on.

Banjo_ace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#8  Edited By Banjo_ace
    @slinky6 said:
    " Just start over, it's a great game. "
    second

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ok, I loaded it up and I remembered what had made me stop playing the game in the first place: an insanely hard boss fight with **SPOILERS** Liara's mother***SPOILERS*** that I couldn't get past. Should I still start a new game?

Luberik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Luberik

**spoilers** kill all the reinforcements that spawn immediatelly when they enter, when y're fighting mom. And make her immobile as much as possible (floating in the air and stuff) **spoilers**

But y can start a new game anyways. It's a great story. Maybe you can do things a bit different from the first time to see what happens!

superfoot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By superfoot

Does anybody happen to know if  you can restart with exatly the same looking character? Without having to remake him.

jNerd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#12  Edited By jNerd

Dude I'm in the same boat you are, I just bought it back, I really need to start that game over.

sickVisionz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#13  Edited By sickVisionz
    @Zombutler said:
    " Ok, I loaded it up and I remembered what had made me stop playing the game in the first place: an insanely hard boss fight with **SPOILERS** Liara's mother***SPOILERS*** that I couldn't get past. Should I still start a new game? "
    Don't do that level first.  I did that level first and it was hell.  I was only like level 10 or something and was getting my ass handed to me.  I feel like that level is meant to be done later on.  When you play it first it's hard as balls and even worse it makes every other boss fight (even Saren) seem like a cake walk.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.