Awaiting new DLC

#1 Posted by UnderseaManboy (15 posts) -

Played through Bringing Down the Sky recently and must have more Mass Effect soon.
After playing through BDtS, I couldn't help but wish every planet had that detailed of a back story and compelling premise.
I'm all for cutting down on the number of visitable planets to provide for more quality side missions.

#2 Posted by Lies (3866 posts) -

Doesn't seem like it's coming down anytime soon, sadly. Seems like they should have told us something new by this point if it was coming soo :(
 BDTS wasn't great, but it was more Mass Effect, and i could get behind that.

#3 Posted by giyanks22 (2681 posts) -

I hope Mass Effect 2 comes out in fall of 09, but will the KOTOR MMORPG delay Bioware???

#4 Posted by TheBeast (1931 posts) -

I'm still waiting for the PC DLC - they promised it for release but no sign of it yet.
At least I still haven't finished the main story.

#5 Posted by Bladefire (214 posts) -
giyanks22 said:
"I hope Mass Effect 2 comes out in fall of 09, but will the KOTOR MMORPG delay Bioware???
"
I doubt the same team is working on both games.
#6 Posted by Magnum (349 posts) -

Any opportunity Bioware gives me to shot more Batarians in face will be met with pleasure.

#7 Posted by Cesb02 (145 posts) -

after reading this i cant wait to get the one DLC they have, I just started playing it this week. I am dissapointed that more DLC has not arrived by now.

#8 Posted by epic_pets (1339 posts) -

Dont expect any thing for a while

#9 Posted by pause422 (6179 posts) -

Bioware has alot on their plate right now,from their upcoming Dragon Age:Origins game,to finishing the Mass Effect trilogy(I believe they also are still working on a sonic rpg for the DS) then the Kotor MMO,it'll definately take time for it all to get finished. Just depends on what they put first,i'm assuming atm it'll be Dragon Age:origins.

#10 Posted by MatsSundin (84 posts) -

I would rather see news about ME 2 than DLC.

#11 Posted by Trouble (24 posts) -

BDTS was great because it gave me something new on my 3rd playthrough on insane. Some new DLC would give me the nudge I need to play through again, maybe even do the 2 playthroughs I need to get all 1000 achievement points.

#12 Posted by DarkLegend (1387 posts) -

I won't expect anything for a while. 

#13 Edited by samcotts (2258 posts) -

I never bought Bringing Down the Sky, which is odd considering I LOVED Mass Effect. I just never had the motivation to play through it again.

Still regard it as one of my all time favourite games. And like someone else said, I'd much prefer news on ME2.

#14 Posted by Moat (13 posts) -

Well I have played through ME more times than I really probably should of but I played it again after I downloaded BDTS.  I thought it was enjoyable and well worth it.  I would be happy to get some more DLC but would much prefer ME2

#15 Posted by FrozenVX (95 posts) -

I completely forgot about more DLC. I just want mass effect 2 already :P

#16 Posted by potzergaeren (50 posts) -

bioware had made statements to either egm or GI, i forget which, about making sure folks save their ME profile saves as the decisions you made "will have bearing on ME2". what that means in lieu of the game yet to be officially announced who knows, but yeah...before ME2 comes out i'll have to go through and make decisions i'd like to have "on the record" rather than some of the crap ones i made in order to get achievements.

#17 Posted by Magnum (349 posts) -
potzergaeren said:
"bioware had made statements to either egm or GI, i forget which, about making sure folks save their ME profile saves as the decisions you made "will have bearing on ME2". what that means in lieu of the game yet to be officially announced who knows, but yeah...before ME2 comes out i'll have to go through and make decisions i'd like to have "on the record" rather than some of the crap ones i made in order to get achievements."
I thought they confirmed that your saves will carry over.
#18 Posted by Jedted (2346 posts) -

I was hoping with the upcoming release of ME: Ascension they'd release info on the next DLC but i geuss they're still working on getting BDtS out for the PC version.  Woulda thought they'd hammered that out by now but i geuss not.

Hopefully the novel sequel will satisfy my Mass Effect fix, i've been itchin to hear more about the quarians anyway.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.